“Fantastic”

Price range: US$17 - US$28
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a fantastic meal. Both mains were knock out. The venison suet pudding was especially good; not had a plate of food that good in a long time. Friendly staff and a really nice environment too. We’ve had the excellent take out fish and chips before and nice to finally eat in.

Reviewed 13 October 2018

Came across this pub whilst staying nearby at the Trengilly Wartha Greeted on arrival and shown to a table in the snug and served by a lovely waitress. I chose venison and my partner mushroom parcels followed by apple strudel (the best i have ever had) The presentation was very good and the combination of flavours excellent. This will be on our list when visiting Cornwall again

1  Thank Robin320
Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Six of us arrived for dinner and were soon seated at a table by a pleasant member of staff. The menu was limited to about five main courses, steak, brisket of beef and fish. The standard of the food was excellent, my steak was cooked exactly as I like it, “blue”. The brisket was equally good. The deserts were delicious and enjoyed by those that had them. The standard of service was professional and nothing was to much trouble. I look forward to returning.

3  Thank John W
Reviewed 9 October 2018

Booked for a table of 10. Really enjoyed the traditional pub atmosphere. Good selection of local ales. Everyone enjoyed their food. I'm veggie and I'm fairly sure that my burgher was Kitchen made, not pre-bought, the salad dressing was lovely and the chips were delicious and I had pudding. My daughters vegan, she had curry which was really nicely spiced. I didn't hear a single complaint about the quality of the food and everyone cleared their plates.
It wasn't fast food but it was delicious.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Yet another visit to The Ship Inn, 6 of us this time, food was totally amazing, so was the very friendly service, the whole evening was excellent.
Phil & Linda