Constance Moofushi(Moofushi Island)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$2 322
  • Breakfast included
Safari Island Resort(Mushimasgali Island)
US$2 024
US$977
W Maldives(Fesdhoo Island)
US$1 743
  • Pool
Kandolhu Maldives(North Ari Atoll)
US$1 758
Diamonds Thudufushi(Thudufushi Island)
US$1 982
US$1 831
  • Beachfront
Ocean Beach Inn(Hangnaameedhoo Island)
Free cancellation until 28/07
Constance Halaveli(Halaveli Island)
US$1 793
US$690
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$797/night.

US$1 220
US$594
Reviews (1 088)
1 089 results
All reviewswater villa restauranteagle rayslunch and dinnerlagoon sidemain restaurantour waiterfishroom boyour honeymoonsea planebuffet restaurantbreakfast deliveredsmall islandmarine lifeother islandsmini barsoft drinks
43 - 48 of 1 089 reviews
Reviewed 14 July 2017

If you are ever lucky enough to experience Diamonds Athuruga, make sure you savour every second of your time there!
We upgraded to a private water bungalow, sunset facing and all I can say is wow! You also get your own restaurant, away from everybody else on the island.
This place has given us memories that we will never forget. From snorkelling in the sea that is like bath water, to visiting the spa, the most amazing sunset, the food, the luxury, etc. The list is endless!
If there is one excursion that is not to be missed, it's the sandbank. There is nothing that can make anybody more content than standing in the middle of the indian ocean, on a strip on sand no more than 10m x 50m. Probably the most content moment I have ever had!
The staff work so hard and despite being a very italian visited island (a lot of evening entertainment is geared towards italians), don't let that put you off.
The only negative is that we were only on the island for 10 nights, I'd happily be there for 10 months.
Complete perfection!

Room Tip: Get a sunset water villa.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scott B
Stefano G, General Manager at Diamonds Athuruga, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2017

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your wonderful review on your recent stay at Diamonds Athuruga! I am delighted to hear that you savored every second of your time. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your upgrade to water villa and liked the isolated location of Over Water Restaurant. I am thrilled to hear that the sand bank excursion is a lifetime experience for you.
We look forward seeing you back with us here at a Diamond Resorts in the Maldives or at our other beautiful resorts and hotels around the world.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Tucked within the beautiful sea of Maldives lies this precious gem of a place. It is such a beautiful place, one that creates memories and freezes moments.
The food from the main restaurant is so good but the food from the water villa is sadly either lacking in taste or too salty.
The entire place is so beautiful that its beyond description. The white coloured theme flows in with the sparkling turquoise waters and the room is decently spaced.
The reefsharks feed on the shoals of fishes near the beach so you can just stand there and watch them feed.
At night, the sky is sprinkled generously with stars and on a clear night, you can even see the milky way.
Notable staffs are:
Lin from marketing, for her sincerity she has show us.
Mirella (Dive team) for her wonderful passion. We especially remember how she didn't want to disappoint us when we couldn't spot a whale shark after a long time and diverted our boat towards a manta area. How wonderfully beautiful it is to swim with them.
The wonderful staffs from the dive team.
Our server Muix from the main restaurant for his recommendations and his hard work in bringing to us really nice dining experiences.
Our roomboy Shaafiu for his dedicated and constant hardwork and being so fast and quiet.
Titu (Main restaurant) for being so nice to us the moment we took the same plane together. Very sincere and his food recommendations are spot on.
And so many wonderful people like Lori, Francesco and Alyessa for their time and effort in bringing us a great experience.
The only thing about this place is that time passes through us like sands escaping through the gaps of our fingers. In the blink of an eye, 7 nights passes by like the consistent Maldivian winds.
Take a trip to this beautiful place and record down your memories for this is how life should be.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Imakelv
Stefano G, General Manager at Diamonds Athuruga, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Dear guest
Thank you very much for your beautifully written review on your recent stay at Diamonds Athuruga! I feel the same that time flies on the island when it’s all about ceaseless joy.
I am delighted to hear your compliment about our nature environment and service standard. I am pleased to share your freeze moment with natural and all of our staff. I will personally convey your positive comment to all of the staff mentioned name. I will take up your comment about the food in the over water restaurant with our chef.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you again.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

This was our 2nd visit to Athuruga, as we celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary here last year. We enjoyed the tranquil paradise of the island before but this year it seemed paradise and more.
I would like to thank Mani and the Staff for organising my anniversary gift, flowers and champagne, but an even bigger surprise was the cake, table and room decorations. It made our day truly wonderful.
Nicole and Francesco were superb at looking after our needs from the main office.
Also Sola was yet again wonderful looking after us in the restaurant and putting up with Us for a 2nd year.
For those of you interested in the island, we stayed in a watervilla on the sunset side, which is closer to the reef and the 1st cut through to gain access outside the reef. The lagoon side does get the morning sun but also has the sea planes landing and the boats coming and going.
We had some showers and high winds in the first week but finished off with no wind and scorching sun by the end of our stay. So June isn't such a bad time to come.
Sea life from the villa we have seen eagle and sting rays adult and baby. Turtles reef sharks dolphins and an abundance of sea life, With the herons flying around too.
I would recomend the trips to the reefs as we had perfect visibility seeing turtles, moray eel and so many varieties of sea life. But snorkelling around the reef is tremendous too.
On the island you can do as much or little as you like and all the staff are happy and willing to help at anytime which makes your stay perfect.
We did the behind the scenes tour with Mr Hussain and it was so insightful, and definitely worth a go. Also the cookery lesson by the Head Chef, was a wonderful experience being shown a Sri Lanka dish, but helping in preparing and tasting was a true delight.
I am now sitting here on our last day enjoying a cold drink and wishing we could return again soon. This was our 3rd trip to the Maldives but beyond a doubt this trip was perfection.
Thank you to all at Athruga for making it so perfect

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Stefano G, General Manager at Diamonds Athuruga, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Dear guest
Thank you very much for your wonderful review on your recent stay at Diamonds Athuruga! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed another wonderful wedding anniversary with us. We are looking forward to creating more memorable experience for you.
I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our underwater world, as well as our on land service. Both behind the scene tour and cooking lesson are our exclusive service for all of the in-house guest. I especially thank you for your compliments on all the employee you mentioned. I will personally convey your positive comments to them.

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I first visited Athuruga in 2013 for our honeymoon. We loved it so much we always wanted to go back. More recently in October 2016 we visited the sister island Thudufushi. Like Athuruga the concept is very much the same. Both times we stayed in a water villa of which are identical. As our visits to both islands were so close together it was easy for us to pick up on minor details. As previous people have already said the wine replenishment in the water villa has changed? As stated this previously was stocked daily without asking. My husband and I only drank red wine or rose wine, so found that the white wine was often replaced with red once the staff got to know our preference. It's no hardship to call the bar and have a bottle delivered, but it was always one of those little perks that made it special that we looked forward too. I don't understand why the change? Is this also the case at Thudufushi since October? Another minor detail we picked up on was the lunch & dinner menu was 4 courses instead of 5 courses at Thudufushi. Was this because it was not the busy season? Like on our first visit in 2013 our waiter was Sola. Sola was great and always smiling! Again another minor detail, but something that I loved at Thudufushi was a pianist playing at lunch and dinner in the over water restaurant. I suspect again since our recent visit was not at a busy period that maybe this isn't standard?
Like before and at Thudufushi all the staff are lovely and very welcoming!
This is by no means a negative review! My husband and I are already talking about when we can go back! I'd just like to know if at not busy periods these are the changes that are made ( 4 courses and no pianist at the over water restaurant, or is this the norm at Athuruga?)
We look forward to another visit, soon hopefully!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisaj79
Stefano G, General Manager at Diamonds Athuruga, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Dear guest
Thank you very much for your preference over the Diamonds resorts in the Maldives. I am glad to hear that we can host you again in the not so distant future.
Thank you for your compliment of our service standard. I am happy to hear that the attention of your preference by the room attendant touched you. Our service is under the constant improvement to comply with the ever-changing market and demand. The room service of all-inclusive wine and beer is a modification in our service process to make our service more personalized.
Thank you for mentioning the attentive service of Sola personally. He will be delighted to read your comment. The standards of the two resorts are very similar, although sometimes small differences due to availability of goods can occur. We still aim to provide the high-level culinary service and other benefits as usual. Unfortunately, at the period of your stay, our musician was not available.

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

This was our fifth visit to Athuruga and therefore, not our first review of this perfect paradise island. We last went in October 2015 and we stayed in May this year in Water Villa 3.

The weather was not brilliant, out of 10 days, 4 brilliant, 4 mixed and 2 dreadful but of course, this is beyond the island's control ! In fact, during our stay there was only one day when I could snorkel the Reef side from the WV restaurant to the main jetty, as the sea on that side was too rough. Everywhere else, no problem. The sad fact is that like many islands, the Reef has suffered badly, not just due to bleaching but I heard from one guy that over 20,000 Crown of Thorns have been removed from around the island. I only saw one small one during our stay but there's not a lot of coral left for them to eat. There are signs that the Reef is recovering and the fish life is as fantastic as ever. The dive school was also fantastic, as always, with a good choice of sites, including a display of the Captain's sailing skills and the seaworthiness of the Dhoni during one hair raising trip back from Shark Thila in one of the storms !

We ate in the WV restaurant, where the menu has improved since our last stay and the choices were generally good. Ziyaad looked after us exceptionally well and is always cheerful and efficient. Towards the end of our stay, we wanted a change and moved to the island buffet restaurant. Here, Miuz also looked after us very well and I will never forget the lights going off on my birthday and the staff singing Happy Birthday in Maldivian and English, with a delicious cake as well. It was one of many beautiful moments that we had on our holiday.

Mr Ram is away from the bar for a few months but Shaheen is doing a fantastic job supervising the bars in his absence. The drinks as always go down all too easily, so we were very relieved that the 5pm "pizza fest" still gets brought to the bar to help soak up those cocktails.

One of the main reasons that we love Athuruga is the luxury of the Water Villas, the most comfortable villas we have stayed in so far in the Maldives. The bed was so comfortable, it was unbelievable and of course the sofas and sun beds are always incredible. You can actually enjoy watching a storm, reclining in comfort ! One change is that bottles of wine and beers are no longer put in the mini bar automatically. However, you only have to ring the main bar and within 5 minutes, they are brought to your villa. Choice of red, white or rose wine, not top range but very drinkable all the same. The Nespresso machine was also well used. However, we have to say that whilst the Room Boy service has always been very good here, Hasnee was exceptional and we can't praise him enough for his attention and service. Also, we got back from the bar about 10pm on my birthday and interrupted Hasnee and colleagues dressing the bed with petals etc. We let them finish and I will post a photo to show you what they did, it moved me to watery eyes - absolutely stunning !

All in all, we had an exceptional holiday on Athuruga. We love the comfort of the Villas, seeing the island from the villa through changing colours of the day, the food and drink, the bar seating is so comfy and being next to the sea - we doubt there is a better bar anywhere, the food and the chilled out vibe of the way this island is run and operates, which might be partly due to the Italian style of the owners. The staff play a big part in this and whilst we've mentioned a few by name, they are all fantastic, with top quality customer service without being in your face, which we have found on some islands. Even with bleaching and CoT damage, the snorkelling is still good and great dive sites nearby. Even the weather didn't spoil our stay, although it tried hard.

Athuruga captured part of our hearts several years ago and this time around has captured even more of us both. We have been back nearly two weeks and have missed it since we left, so thank you Athuruga, for everything and we hope to see you again soon !

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JollyFisherman1959
Stefano G, General Manager at Diamonds Athuruga, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

Dear guest
Thank you so much for your wonderful review on your 5th visit at Diamonds Athuruga. We are very glad that we can always capture part of your heart and stay in the corner of your memory.
I am pleased to hear that you’re fond of our luxury setting, yet chilled out vibe. We elaborately prepared everything for you, from the comfortable bed in the room to the constantly changing menu in the restaurant. I am delighted to read many details you mentioned, especially those with our staff. We strive to create the most memorable experience for our guests. I want to thank you for remembering all of them by name, even Ram who you did not meet this time. I will personally convey your compliments to them. They will be very happy and motivated to hear.
I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the ecosystem of the Maldives by snorkeling and diving. As you mentioned, we treasure the nature environment as much as you do and implementing various projects for environment sustainability.