“Great service, Food 5+🌟”

Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Westlake
Price range: R 100 - R 500
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Hussar Grill Steenberg in Steenberg Cental, is regarded as one of South Africa's premier restaurants, serving only the best steak available, with a comprehensive wine menu.
Reviewed 10 May 2024

Small mixup with my Steak being almost Blue instead of Medium Rare. 2nd time the cham.
Super flavourful, creamy, marrow, done to medium rare perfection.
Baked Cheese cake OMG, had my toes curling. Well done team.

Date of visit: May 2024
Hussar Grill, Owner at The Hussar Grill Steenberg, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2024

Dear Eltons495,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of The Hussar Grill Steenberg grill room. We are glad to hear that our steak and cheesecakes ensured a delicious dining experience at our restaurant.

We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 1 February 2024

Fantastic steak, done to perfection. Joyline our waiter was attentive and efficient - perfect service! We will be back!

Date of visit: February 2024
Hussar Grill, Owner at The Hussar Grill Steenberg, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2024

Dear Kim S,

Thank you for your excellent review and kind words. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our award-winning speciality steaks and had a great experience with Joyline, our Service Ambassador.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Hussar Grill Steenberg.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 22 December 2023 via mobile

I was a little hesitant to visit given so many recent reviews are so bad but I’m glad that I went ahead and met friends here.

We all had lovely steaks and ribs. I had a delicious blue cheese sauce as well. Loved my Italian coffee too.

Service was good, no complaints :)

Date of visit: December 2023
Hussar Grill, Owner at The Hussar Grill Steenberg, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2023

Good day Travel_Girl_Reviews,

Thank you for your great review of The Hussar Grill Steenberg grill room. We are thrilled to hear that the food, drinks and service contributed to a memorable dining experience.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 19 December 2023 via mobile

So disappointing. I’ve always had a good meal in the restaurant and even through Mr delivery, but today I can’t believe how poor the standards are.
I ordered a side salad with my steak, and a side portion of chips.
I got the chips but no side salad although paid for.
I also ordered a mushroom sauce but got a pepper sauce.
Clearly only the tourist market is important to this restaurant and there is ZERO quality control on local deliveries.
So disappointed! I won’t order from you again!

Date of visit: December 2023
1  Thank MC0068
Hussar Grill, Owner at The Hussar Grill Steenberg, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2023

Dear Mc0068,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are sorry to hear that your meal was not up to standard.

We would appreciate the opportunity to contact you and address your concerns with management. Could you kindly follow the link https://hus8.goreview.co.za/goreview-crm?revid=eH2ouYwP so that we can try and rectify this?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 3 September 2023

Chef with beard who refused to give his 5 times must be fired
Claimed I've never been there before and I must leave to restaurant to make my calls...let's look at bar footage 7 to 8.30 pm please he is despicable rude

Date of visit: September 2023
Hussar Grill, Owner at The Hussar Grill Steenberg, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2023

Dear Whittingdale,

We are concerned to hear about your recent experience with us.

Please, could you kindly take a moment to follow the link https://hus8.goreview.co.za/goreview-crm?revid=3uS9MfhW and provide us with your contact details and feedback and we'll be in touch.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Many thanks,