See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 December 2015

A friend booked this hotel for my family and I for the purpose of meeting up at the hotel's hot springs for a nice relaxing weekend. Well the friend's family had to bail b/c their kid became ill. So we ended up going alone.

It wasn't a bad experience but it could have been better. There were a few areas where the hotel disappointed us.

When we arrived on the weekend, the hot springs were *full*. We were actually turned away from the spa b/c they had run out of locker keys. Keep in mind that enjoying the spa was the only reason we chose to go to this hotel. After notifying management, we were told to return after 2230--too late for us as we have a 5 year old that sleeps well before 2230. So just be aware of large crowds on the weekends.

All in all though it was a decent hotel. Room was tidy, service was good, and the morning breakfast buffet was varied and tasty.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank RYCWLW
Reviewed 2 October 2015 via mobile

Nice hotel
Good spa pool areas
Limited english skills
Buffet restaurant average
Western restaurant not worth it

Cafe outdoor area is very good and relaxing

If your looking for a clean modern hotel to take the family then this is good. No need pay more for high end brand. This is good.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2015

Visiting this resort for a casual-business submit, I found the hotel is worth going if you are accompanied with friends or family. The hot spring area is quite big and just bring your swimming suit and forget the pressure from work.
The hotel is quite big and separate with several buildings and you can still find every location easily.
The main purpose of this visit is about a business meeting and the conference hall is not spacious which you expect larger in this remote area.
You can also rent a bike to go around that area or visiting the famous mountain.

The room is quite big and the inside decoration is not dated, which still can surprise you by its hardware. Room cleanness is above average but I was confused my room is non-smoking but you still see some of the matches provided for cigarette people.
The breakfast is not so great but you can easily get full. Moreover, there's couple restaurent outside the hotel with 10-15 min walk so no need to worry if you would like to have something outside.

My only complaint will be the transportation, since the train to Chengdu city / Airport is not frequent, so I had to choose the Taxi which you needed premium price for the return. So my recommendation is :
if you are driving your own, it is good.
from Chengdu city or airport, the taxi fee is around 280-350rmb per single trip.

That's always the price for extra relaxation

Room Tip: Find a good deal and get relaxed
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2015

Enjoyed our visit to this resort. The facilities were clean and well-maintained, the rooms nicely furnished, and the staff was very helpful. The only suggestion I would make is that the air-conditioning is not functional (impossible to regulate it which is frustrating) and needs to be fixed. I would return for another visit though as it is a great place to relax.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2015 via mobile

Howard Johnson Conference Resort Chengdu is a great leisure and business hotel - clean and spacious rooms - appealing service and great hot spring facilities. Unfortunately the opening hours are not in line with the needs of business travelers - nevertheless, it is definitely worthwhile to try ...

Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business