“Nice food, lovely waitress but rude/unwelcoming bar tender”

Sibton White Horse Inn
Ranked #3 of 37 Restaurants in Saxmundham
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Exceptional good quality food served in the oak beamed restaurant. Just won the 'Suffolk Best Pub Food' award for the 2nd year running.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

booked table over phone and all was fine and easy. But on arrival we were looked up and down and treated as second class citizens, compared to how the older couple in front was invited in. We did feel unwelcome. Before ordering a second alcoholic drink with our meals I politely asked if he would mind us parking in the car park (in a camper van) overnight, as if it was not ok I would order a soft drink and he laughed in my face! The food was lovely and it's not particularly cheap so I did expect a few basic manners. The waitress however was very nice. Overall we got the impression that it's a local pub for local people. (Comming from someone born in the same county)

Love from
The couple with long hair and tattoos.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

We ate here for dinner, warm welcome from the landlord and a roaring log burner. Great and varied menu with something for everyone and a few specials on a blackboard. Service was good and the food portions a decent size of good quality fare. Overall a great evening out.

1  Thank John T
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

We arrived without booking but it was a quiet evening so we got a table of our choice. There were a couple of real ales which were well kept and a good wine list. I had mackerel fillet with horseradish sauce, guinea fowl with dauphinoise potatoes and coffee cake with coffee jelly cubes, salted caramel and coffee sauce. My partner had mussels in a Thai style broth, loin of cod from the specials and rosewater set cream. It was all really, really good, well cooked and nicely presented. The owner was behind the bar and was very friendly and helpful, taking the time to chat with all the diners. One of the best dining experiences we've had in quite a while. Thanks.

1  Thank Phil K
Reviewed 20 February 2018

I got told about this place by some friends so I took four friends it is a very nice warm place and nice staff. we had a starter each what was nice but the main was disappointing I ordered main with chips and onion rings to go with the main they brought out the 1st bit of main and asked is there anything else I said yes we got chips and onion rings to come I waited 10 min and still no food at which point I started to eat my main I then finished it then they brought them out the chips had a few big bits of black on them and the onion rings where not cooked.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Great to have a delicious local beer - Strummers (named after Joe Strummer?) - that’s not Adnams. Our Sunday lunch was also very nice - one of best meals we’ve had in the area. The landlord was friendly, knowledgeable and gracious. The only slight disappointment were the mussels but that was minor.
Definitely plan to go back.