“Sunset ride in Esterillos”
Review of Caballo Azul Beach Tours - CLOSED

Caballo Azul Beach Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 26 February 2016

We had an absolutely gorgeous experience riding on the beautiful beach in Esterillos with Julia and Caballo Azul Horse Tours. She outfitted us with great horses fit to our experience levels, that included 2 children and 1 adult who had never ridden, 1 senior citizen with a riding background, but more physical limitations and one experienced rider, myself! My horse has some gumption to him which made the ride so very enjoyable. The kids, my mother and my husband all felt super comfortable on their horses and enjoyed Julia and her assistant, Sylvia's company. We stopped at a lovely thatched hut on the beach, enjoyed fresh coconut water, mango juice and local fruit. And then returned while the sun set. It really was magical! Thanks Julia!

Reviewed 19 February 2016 via mobile

This was our first trip to Costa Rica and horse riding was the most important thing to do on our list. Julia was very accommodating and a wonderful guide. I would recommend her and her horses to anyone. The horses are very well taken care of and not just "tools". Thank you so much!

1  Thank gsdane
Reviewed 14 February 2016

Julia's horses are well taken care of and this is very important to me. My husband and I travel a lot and have ridden horses in many places, you can really tell that Julia cares about her horses and they are very well behaved because of it. The ride itself was AMAZING and the horses seem to enjoy it. You could see down the beach for miles! I would definitely go back if we ever go to Costa Rica again. Julia also had many recommendations for local cuisine and attractions. She was a little more expensive compared to the Spanish guide but TOTALLY worth it! Quality not quantity is the motto I live by. Say "Hi" to Rocky for me!

1  Thank Dot C
Reviewed 11 February 2016

We had an absolutely amazing time with Julia and her beautiful horses. They are so well cared for and happy. I loved that we rode without bits or hacks. Each horse was individual and we were able to get to know their happy personalities as we rode. We were all very comfortable even though we were fairly inexperienced riders. The ride along the beach during sunset was breathtaking. Julia captured some of the most stunning photos of our family as we rode.

1  Thank procrastinqueen
See more reviews
Reviewed 7 February 2016

We were so fortunate to be able to ride with lovely Julia and her beautiful, healthy, well-mannered horses on an unforgettable sunset ride along the stunning beaches of Esterillos & Bejuco.
From the warm welcome of Julia and her friendly staff to the peaceful journey along the stunning beaches during sunset, it was a magical experience for both of us.
I was also privileged to go on a spectacular mountain ride with Julia through picturesque farmland with magnificent views. Ending the ride with a lovely treat of fresh cut fruit while watching the horses receive a well-deserved shower.
In addition to Julia's exceptional horsemanship skills we were impressed by her keen knowledge of all the Flora and Fauna that grows in Costa Rica along with her obvious enjoyment of working alongside the local people.
It was an absolute pleasure to meet Julia and her trusted Steeds! I look forward to riding with you again.
Thank you for everything Julia.

2  Thank Simba C