Open today: 07:00 - 19:00
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews beautiful horses nice ride horseback riding experience her husband costa rica wonderful experience trained horses sunset tour well taken care can't wait to go back the owner ride horses great guide hour ride an experienced rider micha nature
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

PHENOMENAL experience. To begin, I accidentally booked my experience on a different date than what I wanted, these two lovely people allowed me to reschedule super last minute before I left CR with no hesitation/pleasant conversation. When I arrived, they greeted me with a nice smile, a place to put my stuff, and cold water. The horseback riding experience on the beach was amazing! Sylwia was a great teacher, taught me to do tricks I didn’t even know I could do and was very attentive; we also had nice conversation, she took nice pictures & videos of me, and gave me a educational tour as well. The beach views were breathtaking. To end the experience, I unfortunately had no ride back (taxi or uber) to my hotel, they both offered to take me back (about a two-three hour drive) with a smile. This was a great experience I will honestly never forget and want to do again when I come back to CR. THANK YOU :)

Date of experience: August 2018
Micha G, Owner at CR Beach Barn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Hey girl!
Thanks so much for your beautiful and kind words! We had a great time with you and appreciate so much that you took a moment to describe in detail the amazing things we want to offer to each of our clients.
You also showed a lot of paciance towards us and we enjoyed your company!
Thanks again,

Reviewed 31 July 2018

We recently went on a trip to Costa Rica and stayed on the Esterillos Este area. There are many things that we liked about this area. The beach is clean and vast, and is a family friendly area. We booked a two hour horseback riding trip with CR Beach Barn and it was absolutely fantastic. Sylvia, the rider, carefully matched each horse to each one of us and provided us with some very interesting facts about horses and their behavior. We were even lucky to see a group of monkeys come down a huge tree on their property to see what we were up to. The horses are well trained and Sylvia is there to take you through the whole trip. While the horses are very accustomed to be around inexperienced riders like myself, you can tell they are absolutely trained and should you need any help, Sylvia is there to help you. What I liked about the horses is that most are "automatic" horses lol. That's right. They have been trained so that if you pull slightly to the left, the horse, moves to the left. If you pull a bit to the right, then the horse moves to the right. The children loved this ride and the fact that the horses are so well trained and easy to ride made the whole experience extremely enjoyable, particularly for the children. I truly recommend this company should you choose to do some horseback riding. By the way, they even have a horse for little ones which gets to ride along with Sylvia and her horse. You will love it!!!!

Date of experience: July 2018
Micha G, Owner at CR Beach Barn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Thanks so much for your awesome review! We loved having you and your lovely family and happy to give them a once in a lifetime experience that doesn’t include cel phones.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

My time at CR Beach Barn was wonderful! Sylwia and Micha are such kind people with great stories! The horses are so well trained and HAPPY. I really enjoyed my time at CR Beach Barn, this was by far the best horseback riding experience I have even been on! I highly recommend to everyone, beginners and pros like! Also, this ride takes place on the most beautiful beach!
Thank you so much Sylwia!

Date of experience: July 2018
Micha G, Owner at CR Beach Barn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Hi Avianna!

We has such a great time riding with you and really enjoyed listening to the great stories your dad had for us!, you guys are an amazing family and we hope to see you all here again one day in the near future!.

All the best and lots of love,

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

I had an amazing experience on this tour. Sylwia is an amazing guide, the horses are very well trained and she knows them very well so is able to help you or give tips on how to handle your given horse. The tour is very fun and relaxing. You’ll be able to go in the water with your horse and gallop on the beach if you like.
It is a fun tour for experience people but also less and non experience people will love this ride because of the friendly and well trained horses and guidance of Sylwia.
I strongly recommend this tour to any group of people, family with kids (small and big), a couple looking for a romantic walk on the beach or just some friends who want to have fun.

Date of experience: June 2018
Micha G, Owner at CR Beach Barn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Thanks so much for your kind words Alexe! We loved having you at the Barn and enjoyed your delightful personality.

Can’t wait to see you again!

Sylwia.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

The horseback tour was great Micha and Sylwia were very nice and helpful . These horses were best looking horses I ever seen in Costa Rica you can tell they are very loved and well taken care of! This is a must do on your trip to Costa Rica. We saw plenty of wildlife and would definitely do it again in the future!

Date of experience: June 2018
Micha G, Owner at CR Beach Barn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

We loved having you and Jess and are very appreciative of this amazing review!, can’t wait to see you again and go on a new beach adventure with your family soon.

Thanks a bunch buddy,