“Excellent Service from Manager”

Woodstock Grill & Tap
Ranked #4 of 34 Restaurants in Woodstock
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 November 2017

I visited the restaurant on the 27th of November 2017. They were having a function for Grade 7 learners. The music was very loud and I asked the waitress if they could turn it down a bit. The owner immediately turned the music down, moved the event to the function venue, came over to our table to apologize and gave us a complimentary bottle of wine. Additionally, the steak we ordered was absolutely delicious. I would just like to thank them for their excellent service. I will definitely be going back!

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

I think parking here could be a real nightmare. At arrival not really a warm welcome. I would have loved a "Welcome to Woodstock Brewery, is this your 1st time?" And if a yes tell me about your place and beer. I loved the layout and the smell of hobs is just awesome. I ordered the testers/samples. Sadly 3 of the samples/testers was warm.....disappointing! But it's BIG tester glasses....awesome!

I ordered a burger....not too bad, but Ive had better. Seems like its missing a nice sauce.....something was missing.....Ahhhh, too dry, needs more juice! Service very very slow and it was not even busy :(

Would I go back? Yes I would! Especially on Fridays (live music). Would I order a burger again? After a few beers yes!

Reviewed 24 October 2017

We came here after a morning of bird watching at Kirstenbosch. It was almost empty at lunch time which meant more attention for us! We did a beer flight sampler and had some starters. We quickly learned that a couple starters in Cape Town are as filling as a proper entree. I want all American bars to have a bowl of biktong to munch in while sampling beers. Do that one. Also their bone marrow was something else. I uploaded a picture of it. Best beers were Hazy Daze witbier and Rythm Stick pale ale.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Had the rump steak which was perfectly cooked with a generous side salad. Wife's calamari tubes were tender and tasty. Service was good, but it was quiet being a Monday lunch.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Poor food. Don't go. I ordered the rib eye. It was dry and almost inedible. I ordered broccoli with garlic but they plastered the steak instead with garlic. Chips came 5 mins after the steak was served. Just not a good experience. I left half the meat as it was so dry and horrible flavour