Reviews (1 521)
1 521 results
All reviews double tree woodstock area warm cookies loft suite cape town old biscuit mill upper eastside shuttle service free shuttle modern hotel the hotel offers restaurant staff excellent hotel per day excellent stay water front rooms are spacious
62 - 67 of 1 521 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

From a very friendly welcome and explanation of services and amenities - to a very neat room with a hair dryer, iron and ironing board, complimentary water and toiletries - to a gym with water, towels and earphones- to a great diner that serves a buffet breakfast and the best Lamb Shank! Yum!
Thank you for the amazing stay!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Excellent Hotel, great value for money & amazing Food. Close to everything & has a free Shuttle service. The Restaurant had one of the best Meals II have ever eaten for a very good price. I could not fault anything

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 25 June 2018

I have to admit, when arriving at this hotel I was a little skeptical of the location. However, once inside the outside was quickly forgotten about. The decor is very modern and beautiful, and the cleanliness spectacular. The staff was very welcoming and greeted us with warm smiles and warm cookies!

My wife and I stayed in the Presidential Suite and, while it may have been a little bigger than we needed, found it to be very comfortable and nice. The bed was big and comfy and the shower nice too! My only issue was some of the light switches didn't work at times. It was a little annoying but nothing too serious.

We also ate at the restaurant in the lobby and we were very impressed! The food was delicious, the wine was delicious, and the waiter we had (both times we ate there) was extremely friendly and helpful with the menu. It's a good thing too because, as I mentioned previously, the area around the hotel didn't look too appealing and it definitely didn't look like it had much (if anything) to offer in terms of food options.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone if they're in Cape Town for 1 or 2 nights. If you're going to be there longer I would say stay somewhere closer to downtown or the V&A Waterfront area. But if I need a comfortable and friendly place to stay for a night I would look to the Double Tree again.

Room tip: Rooms facing south will have views of Devil's Peak
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MattyA91683
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Recently had the pleasure of staying at the double tree by Hilton in Cape Town.

The hotel is located in Woodstock, which isn’t the most touristy of areas, but definitely close enough to most of cape towns tourist attractions.

If one resides at this hotel, make sure you hire a car or uber to and from the hotel as the area at night does get a little deserted.

The rooms are spacious, clean, modern and come complete with a bar fridge, iron, ironing board and a wide selection of dstv channels.

An added advantage was the large office desk which came in handy as I was down on a work trip.

My only gripe related to the fact that the complementary toiletries were not replaced on a daily basis (shampoo, shower gel , soap and conditioner)

Would I return to the hotel, for the price I paid and the service I received.... it’s a resounding yes

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 914zubairp
Reviewed 6 May 2018

The staff was very helpful and my room was excellent! If you are trying to decide on breakfast at the hotel or not, do it!! They have wonderful options, made-to-order coffee and eggs any style! This is my second stay here and I will definitely return again! :))

Date of stay: April 2018