“Day on the Broads”

H.E.Hipperson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Hired a electric day boat from Hippersons for a full day. Due to travel time arrived around 10:00am but still easilky managed a trip from beccles to Commodore pub at Oulton (2 hours Ish each way). Boat was clean, quiet and easy to use. Staff very friendly , all in all a great day to relax and take in the sun and scenery.

All reviews
"boats"
"cruisers"
"inn"

Reviewed 5 June 2018

We hired an electric boat for two hours. The boat was really clean and the service we received was excellent. The business was very well run and everyone involved seemed really efficient, It appeared to be run as a family with everyone having a role to play. The life jackets supplied were clean, well fitting and substantial, the boat ran smoothly and was easy to steer, It was a very relaxing experience on a river that was full of friendly people. A lovely morning was had by all 6 of us.

Reviewed 3 June 2018

We were looking for a boat trip on a picturesque stretch of water somewhere in “ The Broads “. A search on the net ( Trip Advisor) led us to H. E. Hipperson. It couldn’t be better. The staff were extremely helpful in guiding us how to run the electric boat and explaining all safety features. We hired the boat for two hours and had a wonderful trip on the Waveney river.

Reviewed 10 April 2018

We hired a boat for an hour. I must say the staff were really fair. I put a time down and they corrected it to give us a bit more time as I hadn't factored in the briefing time etc. They were really friendly and the boat was good. It was comfortable and there was a anopy that could be rolled back for good weather. It was great fun. We managed to get quite a distance in an hour and the boat was easy to use. It would be great to explore further, but with limited tome this was a great option. Well worth a little cruise through Beccles.

1  Thank Scyliorhinus
See more reviews
Reviewed 21 September 2017

Just had to let you know what a marvellous time we had , we stayed in the Amazon houseboat for a week at the beginning of September. We arrived not expecting anything spectacular because I had spoken to the wonderful Steve before we travelled and he told me all about he houseboats and the area , but he also said that they were quite basic . They are basic but lovely, don't go expecting luxury accommodation but everything you could possibly need is there. We had spent a week in a 4star caravan in June and the houseboat had more going for it . I was surprised to find that washing up liquid, kitchen cleaner and even liquid soap was included, not your cheap and cheerful stuff either, most importantly toilet rolls for the entire stay, anyone who has done self catering will know what I mean.☺ loads of coathangers also. The most important thing though was the gorgeous position,wonderful views out of all the windows and the verandah was great.Every morning. I had my coffee out there and fed the swans.I liked to pretend they came just to see me but they went from boat to boat several times a day.We have had a traumatic year because my husband had a stroke in January so we had to cancel the foreign holiday we had booked but I can honestly say that we enjoyed this as much as any we have had. We came back very refreshed and rested.Thank you everyone at Hippersons ,you were always friendly and helpful.