All reviews the pub disabled room family room air conditioning room was spacious lovely walk in shower centre of town top floor lady on reception great shower disabled parking market square beer garden saturday night car park excellent value pay and display
Reviewed 4 November 2018

Well situated in the middle of this attractive market town. Could get very busy but the staff did well and worked hard behind the bar. Reception as good and made the stay very pleasant. Rooms were large and comfortable. Town and river very pleasant. Can be noisy at weekends .

• Stayed: November 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with JD Wetherspoon
Kings H, Manager at The Kings Head Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2018

Thank you, Martin, for your review.

I am glad you enjoyed your visit, and I will pass your compliments on to the team.

Reviewed 4 November 2018

We've visited the lovely town of Beccles a few times in recent years and have always stayed at the Kings Head. It really is a stunning old building in the centre of town. The staff we've met have been so nice and very helpful. The food is extremely well priced and to a good standard. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. We're looking forward to our next visit in a few weeks.

• Stayed: November 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review, Suzanne.

I am glad you enjoy your visits here, and we look forward to seeing you in a few weeks.

I will pass your compliments on to the team.

Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

This is our 2nd visit to this hotel. This just time as a couple, without the kids, without the car & out of season. This time I couldn't fault the stay. Lovely quiet double room in an historic coaching inn in the centre of Beccles. All staff very helpful & friendly. No noise issues this time,although weather too bad for people to be in the beer garden late at night. But giving credit when due I am giving a much better review this time & I will stay again, but more likely to in similar circumstances (without a car & out of season).

Stayed: November 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review.

I am happy to hear you gave us another chance after a disappointing visit previously, and I am glad you had a much better experience.

We do hope you will come and stay again.

Reviewed 29 October 2018

I live in Australia, and when i travel to the UK to see family and friends i make a point of staying at a Wetherspoons Pub/Hotel for the reason Good Rooms..A/C..Clean ..Good Experience.. Not this time..Booked in for 3 nights to catch up with friends in nearby Walberswick..First night great room..quiet all you could ask for...Then we where moved to the other-side of the hotel for the next two nights..and completely different experience..Nightmare..For the 2 nights all you could hear while trying to sleep was what sounded like water being flushed..All night this happened and very little sleep..Complained to the duty manager..Should have saved my breath...
My advice...Keep away from the rooms above the office and outside beer garden.
Kind Regards..Kevin

Room Tip: Keep away from the rooms above the office where you check in and outside beer garden.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2018

We stayed two nights at the kings Head and ate in the bar downstairs. Excellent value for money a lovely clean comfortable bedroom with large bathroom and shower. Very friendly staff efficient service. No overnight parking was a slight inconvenience but we parked in a nearby car park.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi Carol, thank you for your review.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and your meals in the pub.

Unfortunately, as you say, we don't have on-site parking. We do have a drop-off area, and our reception team are happy to guide you to the best suited local car park for your stay.