Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
FindHotel
CheapTickets
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 September 2019

Recently stayed at Lefkimi Hotel and I had a positive experience. It’s a 2-star hotel so you get what you pay for. Pros were that it was cheap, rooms were overall pretty clean and furniture looked new. I was happy to find a mini-fridge in the room so we would keep our bottled water cold. The location is very central, surrounded by several supermarkets and is literally a two-minute walk to the beach. Cons were that no hand wash is provided in the bathrooms and you are not allowed to eat/drink food around the pool that was not purchased at the hotel (I have been to other hotels in Corfu where this was acceptable). The loungers by the pool are also incredibly uncomfortable and many are cracked/broken meaning their position cannot be adjusted.

Other points to note: The safety deposit box costs €1 a night and staff get a bit cagey if you don’t want one – they insist you must keep your passport in there for the entire duration of your stay. You must pay for air con which I think for our 4-night stay was offered to us for something like €32 or €34 per room. I was comfortable in the room, so I chose not to pay for this. Showerheads aren’t fixed to the wall so you must hold it the entire time. Having read reviews about this before going I thought this would be an issue but it wasn’t too bad, however I think attaching it to the wall would be a simple job that would improve the experience. Noise from the room wasn’t a problem. As soon as you close the balcony doors it cuts out most noise which is impressive considering the location of the hotel is right on the strip. Breakfast is served between 7-9 am. You have a choice of tea or coffee and then cornflakes or jam on toast. It was basic but at least it’s something to start the day off with.

Room tip: Second-floor rooms have new furniture, third floor do not
1  Thank 1Meander
Reviewed 19 September 2019

We was a group of 6 that stayed here, at first we were a bit worried after reading the reviews on here, however we thouroughly enjoyed our stay.

The staff were all very friendly, helpful and welcoming, rooms were cleaned everyday and brand new - couldn’t complain for a 2 star in Kavos ! Yes they have a price list for marked/broken items , but as long as you take care of the rooms it shouldn’t matter... The hotel clearly care about the rooms. Pool was good, we only had a few nibbles like chips and pizza but still tasted great and decent prices.

Beach was literally a 2 minute walk which was great and right on strip- with the doors closed in the room didn’t hear a thing ! Had to buy air con which was a bit annoying but no biggy as it actually worked really well!

Have seen reviews of bed bugs - but I don’t think this is the case at all - more likely mosquitos !!!!

Would highly recommend Lefkimi and wouldn’t hesitate to return again !

Thankyou very much Lefikmi for making our stay one to remember !

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 September 2019 via mobile

The Lefkimi is a well run, great value hotel.

Very clean
Very friendly
Very helpful
Fantastic refurbished rooms
And
The staff are fabulous.

I had read many reviews and I'm glad I didn't take any notice of the negative ones. When abroad, as long as you respect the hard work and commitment the staff have to make your stay as good as it can be, you will have a great time.

We have enjoyed a week here and DEFINITELY WILL BE BACK!!!!!

If you're used to posh hotels.with every facility and amenity - best stick to that.

If you're looking for fun, humour, graak charm, value and somewhere clean and safe to stay - it's perfect. 300yds from the beach, plenty shops, bars and eateries to suit every taste and budget.

Lefkimi Hotel, we have very much enjoyed our stay and think you do a great job. We are experienced travellers to Greece and this is one of the nicest and well run places we have stayed in.

We hope to be back very soon.

Please, everyone who reads reviews, trust me......

This is a wee gem

Thank you Lefkimi Hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2019

Upon arrival the owner (I think) checked us in when doing this he was dealing with other people even though the man who works nights was there, he charged us for a safety deposit box that I did not ask for or need, he told me he was keeping our passports overnight but didn’t explain why until I asked. Then the next morning when I went to collect the passports they were put straight in the safety deposit that I didn’t ask for and remained there all week.

The room appeared to be clean and tidy, upon closer inspection the sheets and top cover had marks on them already. The towels were changed once during our week long stay so we had to buy beach towels so we had clean towels. The bedding was not changed in the entire week and the floor was not brushed/mopped properly so was left covered in sand and dirt. The toilet was tiny and not updated at all like the rest of the hotel. There was a horrible smell coming from the bathroom as there was a drain in the middle of the floor full of dirty old water. The size and smell of the bathroom made it near impossible and to stay in there for any length of time and shower without soaking the floor around the shower tray. Myself and my daughter had to schedule our showers so we could get dried in the room alone.

There was a list of charges for if things in the room got broken or if the sheets/towels get marked, the prices were ridiculous especially given the low hygiene levels of this hotel (20€ for a marked sheet!!! That was already marked upon arrival). The list of charges made my daughter a nervous wreck which made for a not relaxing holiday as we were constantly worrying. The only reason we didn’t approach reception about the already stained sheets and smell in the bathroom for fear of being charged because when we arrived a girl was being charged for a broken chair that she said wasn’t her but the owner was adamant that they didn’t put a broken chair in her room.

The man and woman who worked reception were really nice, the old woman (owners mum/gran???) seemed to appear every time you turned a corner and just stared at you, she made my daughter feel very uncomfortable because every time she seen her the old woman would just stare at her and start speaking in Greek to those around her, as if she was talking about my daughter. The owner was rude and made no effort to be nice to guests that were not drinking in his bar. On the last night my daughter and I got tattoos and when walking past the hotel the owner and the barman were outside, the barman was talking to us asking us when we were leaving and the owner started tapping the barman’s arm and pointing at our legs because it was clear that we got tattoos, then said to me watch how you sleep on the sheets because it would stain. I have many tattoos and know that tattoo ink doesn’t stain sheets. We were prepared to get tattoos. That night we removed the top sheet from the bed and put down three beach towels on each bed. After how the owner reacted I took photos of how the bed was set out before sleeping and how the sheets looked after we woke up in the morning in fear of the owner trying to charge us.

The location of the hotel is good as it’s near the beach and restaurants but there is a load of hotels in the area with better reviews. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and I will certainly not be returning to it when I go to Kavos again next year. I wish I had fully read the reviews before booking this hotel for this year.

I know this is only a 2 star hotel but I would expect the hygiene levels to be higher that they were. Rather than having a big list of charges that makes people feel uneasy it would make it more relaxing to take a deposit during check-in.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Chleo M
Reviewed 28 August 2019

This is a ‘2 star’ hotel so I didn’t expect much having seen the very reasonable price paid for the hotel- a lot less than flights. Unfortunately I came alone due to my friend being unable to come and I was welcomed well. Gave me a pool view room which was fantastic. Checked in the evening (bag taken up to my room and the kind gentleman showed me how to work the air con etc etc) and was given the option to rent the air conditioning for €7 a day= €50 for my stay. I had not seen this as an additional cost beforehand but at the same time this is an option, plenty of places I have been to do not have air con at all. I chose to have it and it worked well. Safety deposit box is €1 a day to rent and tourist tax was €0.50 a day. Overall about €60 so around €30 each if you go as a pair- considering what you pay for the hotel I couldn’t argue with this. Staff were very friendly, appears quite a family run hotel and desk staff remembered your room number despite there being a lot of people in and out all the time. Pool was absolutely lovely, Sofia on the bar very friendly and welcoming. Always a sunbed free plus inflatables :) room was clean and tidy and cleaners in daily. Breakfast was what it said on the tin but sets you up for the day. Clean, tidy and friendly hotel without the frills and expense of a 4*. Right on the strip so a little noisy at night but I did intend to go out so wasn’t bothered! Would definitely return.
Also- every hotel pool will say no food or drink to be brought from outside- it’s due to the tax laws and you have to have a receipt for everything bought at the bar Incase and inspector checks as they may think the bar is ‘pocketing cash’ and evading tax. It’s not the end of the world, buy a drink or two and have some water in your room (I had a fridge).
Considering what I pay for a stuffy travelodge in the UK with a broken fan this was well worth it.
Thank you staff at Lefkimi Hotel- you made a scary solo trip incredibly enjoyable.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Becca L
Lefkimi H, Owner at Lefkimi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2019

Thank you very much for your kind words and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again in the furture.