“Great experience”

Campo Ecologico Gramalote
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We began operations six years ago offering ecological activities such as horseback riding and hiking. Since then, we have added Rodeo, tracto tours, bird watching, dairy work, and many other tradicional farm works
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed 15 April 2017

The team there was very helpful and explained in detail the options, security requirements and all details. We loved the longer trip. Very typical to see the plains and also the fauna and we're able to go to a small river. We loved it.

Date of experience: April 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Jaime E, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Campo Ecologico Gramalote, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Thank you for your visit, how well you could enjoy our landscapes and especially the waterfall. We hope you will return soon and enjoy our new product the Sikuani route.

Reviewed 1 March 2017

there is a nice place to have a dinner and a nice time near by Villavicencio town, and this is the right place to absorb it all.

Date of experience: January 2017
Jaime E, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Campo Ecologico Gramalote, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2017

Again a thousand thanks for your visit, we hope that we visit again and enjoy our products.
I recommend for your next visit the plan to be a Llanero for a day.

Reviewed 16 January 2017

I enjoyed this trip very much! I went with my wife and 10 year old daughter. She had not ridden a horse in her whole life, so I wanted her to try it. It is located 15 minutes from Villavicencio via Restrepo. I made a reservation a couple of days prior to our visit and when we got there everything was ready. We just payed and got to our horses. We did the "Cascada del Angel" horse ride. It is a 1:30 hour ride which with great views of the beautiful "finca". You ride with the horse through a small stream and at some point the horse gets in the water all the way to its back so prepare to get your shoes, pants and shirts soaked. Long pants are recommended so your legs don't get hurt with the branches of trees or thorns. Old pair of tennis shoes or crocs work just fine. The ride ends at a very nice "pond" with a 4 meter water fall where you are welcome to jump from. To me that was the highlight of the whole experience. Be sure to wear your bathing suit under, because there is no place to change. The whole plan is very rustic, but that is the beauty of it. Our ride had a price tag of US$23 which is pretty acceptable for all that you are offered. The horses are super tame and they have special horses for kids or people who get scared of riding. We rode along with a young girl who was our guide and took pictures of the whole trip. I would recommend this 100% for city slickers that know nothing about farms or cowboy life. Very nice way to embrace the whole "llanero" style.

Date of experience: January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience
Its description of the route is perfect and it serves to all the future clients to understand the route
Again, thanks for your opinion, we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 7 January 2017

Wonderful! The whole family was able to ride a horse. we went through some beautiful landscapes, crossed a river and ended in a waterfall in which we could jump in. It was beautiful and lots of fun.

Date of experience: December 2016

Thank you for your visit and how well we got you to enjoy your horseback rode

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

I went to Hacienda Gramalote with my children and two nephews on Jan 3, 2017 in the afternoon.
I made a reservation the very same day and had no troubles when I made it to there. We had to wait some minutes because they were preparing a very big group before us.
They asked for horse riding skills to assign proper horse acordeón with each one skills.
The riding include crossing creeks and you will get wet by you waist.

There are two rides, the shorter about a hour is COP 35.000 / rider and the longer about 2.5 hours is COP 70.000 / rider and includes visit to a small waterfall where you can jump in an d swinging in the pond.

Children 5 years and older are allowed to ride alone.

My star down is because I saw some horses have some thicks. My recommendation to managers is take deeper care of the horses

All in all a nice experience

Date of experience: January 2017

A thousand thanks for your comments, you perfectly describe the experience in Gramalote Campo Ecologico, I can only say that thanks