US$91
US$85
  • Pool
US$103
Agoda.com
All reviewsjoy lifeshuttle buslovely sophiabad reviewscomfortable sunbedsminute walk into sidarifantastic holidayplenty of sunbedsrelaxing weekour room was cleanednext yearon a daily basisthe pool bar areacanal d'amourwould highly recommend this hotelquiet locationcleaned daily
Reviewed 21 June 2018

We recently stayed at the Joylife hotel for 1 week 10/6/18-17/6/18. We were a party of 4 adults .On arrival we received a warm welcome from Sophia and were quickly checked in and shown to our rooms. We had a couple of issues with the rooms which were rectified the next day when we were moved to different rooms overlooking the lovely pool.Breakfast is available between 9-10.30am ,full English at 5 euros which includes orange juice tea or coffee and toast.Yannis aka John is an asset to the hotel,always cheerful and serving lovely cocktails and drinks. Yes the place could do with updating in a few areas but all in all we had a lovely stay. Thank you everyone at Joylife especially Sophia, Costas & Yannis. Yammas

Room Tip: Pool view rooms have sun all day.
Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jan_Lowes
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Whilst I have read most of the reviews I feel that I must submit what I think is a truthful and frank review.
I have stayed here many times over the last few years and have never encountered any drastic problems.

I arrived this year and was greeted by Sophie with a smiling face as has always been the norm.i was also greeted by her husband again with a cheerful smile and later that day I was greeted by john (yannis) who I must say is still as hard working as ever.
Let's get down to the truth about the joylife hotel yes it does look tired in places and could do with a update in its decor and furnishings in the rooms and bar areas .
You have to accept that this is by no means a 5 star hotel and never will be so accept what you pay for and don't expect anything other than what you have paid for .
If people who making reviews that are not truthful in the hope of a compensation claim then go elsewhere.

If people in the past have made so called terrible reviews on the joylife why do regular tourists return year after year.
I have alway.been happy with the service I have received here and will continue to return again.

My only gripe is the distance to the centre of sidari which is a 15 minute walk but the problem is the road cars ,buses and bikes travelling at speed up and down the road you are taking your life in your own hands.

At the end I've had a very good holiday I got what I expected by what I had paid for if you want 5star treatment go elsewhere and pay their prices.

Sophie and your staff should continue doing what they do best and not let so called reviews of a certain type of people upset them in anyway .

All the best for the rest of the season and see you next year.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
6  Thank Paul R
Reviewed 15 June 2018

Just got back from a weeks stay in the Joylife hotel. We travelled has a large group, and had a lovely time here. We were made to feel very welcome as soon as we arrived and during our stay. Sofia, kostas and Yanis could not do enough for us, they were very friendly and helpful. Yanis was great fun, also learning us some Greek words .
We was in room 32 which was very spacious and overlooked the pool.
The food served at the hotel was very nice, I particularly enjoyed the omelettes. Snacks and drinks were reasonably priced.
The hotel is situated in a quiet location, approximately a 25 minute walk to the main strip. Sofia would call us a taxi if requested which would cost 5/6 euros .
We came as strangers and left as friends. Will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Room 32 is very spacious and overlooks the pool
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Aspinall10
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

Myself and my friend visited Joy life 3rd-10th June, we had a fantastic time and can't wait to return.
We arrived very late/early morning to Joy life on Sunday 3rd, Sofia had left us note with directions to our room where we were greeted with a much needed chilled bottle of water. After 40 winks we headed for breakfast, which was lovely and to a high standard, I'm fussy with eggs and can honestly say they were cooked to perfection! Breakfast is served to your table and not buffet style like other hotels, I preferred this as it stops me over indulging!
After breakfast we met Sofia, such a lovely lady who is always willing to help, nothing is too much trouble as we found out during our week. We paid for air con for the week €35 and a safe €10.
Our room (16) was at the back of the hotel, our balcony faced the reception so we could see the coming and going of reception and could relax without being overlooked. The room had twin beds and a lounge with two sofas, where we spent most of our nights to be nearer the air con. There is a fridge in the room and some basic cooking equipment, which we didn't use, there are plenty of restaurants near by serving amazing reasonably priced food, can recommend The Family Taverna and Greek Village.
It is around a 20 minute walk to the main strip of bars, shops and restaurants and the beach. This is a pleasant walk however not so at Night, €5 for a taxi back to Joy life.
We spent the days lazing around the pool which is lovely and was never too busy, plenty of room and Sun beds to go round. Joy life serve a good lunchtime menu, this is reasonably priced and has a good selection without being too big, the food Was always good and to a high standard, I could resist but to wash it down with a Mythos, served with chilled glass, perfect after a tiring morning sunbathing.
Our evenings were spent eating out sampling the many amazing traditional Greek dishes and finishing off with some entertainment, mostly in Babylon as they had live music and tribute acts. We generally went back to our hotel at midnight although the bars are open much later.
The barman Johnny at Joy life makes some incredible cocktails and is a pleasure to spend time with, very funny guy!
I genuinely cannot complain about this hotel or the incredible staff, the rooms were cleaned everyday and Sofia, Kostas and Johnny made our week, they are a wonderful team who clearly enjoy their jobs and take great pride in ensuring you have a holiday to remember.
All in all a great week at Joy life, I have been to "my happy place" Sidari 3 times now and Joy life is my favourite place to stay, I would now not consider stayng anywhere else. Until next year Joy life ✌

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Steph S
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Well sitting at the airport reflecting on our week at Joylife.
Sophia greeted us with a very easy check in, including a free bottle of water each.
Nice touch.
Sorted Aircon for us.
John took us to our room and showed us everything.
Room comfortable, everything we need.
Very happy for the price we paid.
Breakfast was lovely.
Not a buffet like some places, but full English or Continental.
Tasty.
Pool was nice and clean, as was the whole complex.
Couple of small issues with the shower and toilet, which were sorted.
Room cleaned every every day.
People have commented about the owners and staff. They are very professional, run a good hotel and look after their guests very well.
Altogether s very enjoyable time , well done.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple