Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$81
Reviews (2 552)
2 552 results
1 542
1 542
All reviews stacked restaurant dream beach dream room plenty of sunbeds pool bar beach front great beach breakfast buffet restaurants and shops beach area egg station ark bar thailand ko action
Selected filters
1 181 - 1 186 of 2 552 reviews
Reviewed 27 May 2015 via mobile

We stayed there for 3 nights. Hotel is on very good location on Chaweng Beach which close to nightlife also Central Department store. Room is trendy, comfy bed, free wifi. Hotel staffs are always smiling and eager to assist, love it. Beautiful swimming pool, towels provided and also very nice sand and sea right to the hotel. Good breakfast. You can rent the motobike to explore Samui by yourself.
I recommend this hotel is good valued and good service. We will be back there again.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
jared_ozo, Manager at OZO Chaweng Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2015

Dear Nidchapat L

Thank you for staying at our resort and taking the time to give us a review here in Tripadvisor.

It was a pleasure to have you visit and I am delighted to read that you had a fantastic experience at Ozo Chaweng Samui based on the areas you listed. Your comments will certainly be a great encouragement for our staff as well.

We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Samui, and should you need any assistance please feel free to contact us anytime.

Reviewed 27 May 2015 via mobile

We stayed at Ozo hotel in May 2014. At the time, the hotel had only been open for about 6 months and it was obvious with the staff. They were terrible. I posted a pretty harsh, yet fair, review of the hotel last year. So, come time for our Thailand holiday this year we decided we'd give them another go. Everyone deserved a second chance, right?

Upon arrival (about 130pm), our room wasn't available yet. That's fair enough as check in isn't until 2pm. We were told to wait or come back. Being tired from our travels we decided to stay in the foyer and wait until the room became available. It was a REALLY hot day and all we wanted to do was to get inside into air con for a while (no air con in the foyer). Just after 2pm, I went to the counter and enquired about our room. I was told the room was still not ready. I was a bit grumpy and I did politely tell them that it really wasn't good enough. I think he was a manager or supervisor, but he overheard the conversation and enquired what was happening. He informed me the room would be another 20 minutes or so. I told him we were hot and tired and just wanted to get into our room. He apologised before offering us a cup of coffee. I was lost for words to be honest. I thought the sweat running down my forehead was enough indication I was hot. Out of all the hotels/resorts that we've stayed at in Thailand, and other parts of Asia for that matter, they're the hotel that doesn't offer their guests a nice cold welcome drink and towel.

About 215pm we got into our room. The rooms themselves are very small. They're okay if you're only planning on staying for a couple of days where you can live without unpacking you bag. Staying any longer you're going to have issues. Not much storage area and living space doesn't exist. The balcony's are a joke if you're staying in "dream king" rooms located on the second floor above the reception area. They are literally a foot wide. No joke! The rooms have a computerised/interactive entertainment/messaging system that even an IT degree would be tested. There's no instructions on how to use it and you need to fumble you way through. If the hotel needs to contact you they'll send you an electronic message via the tv. The telephone in the room has a red flashing light that lets you know when you've received a message. It happened last year and it happened again this year, after reading the messages we just could not stop the red light on the phone from flashing. After battling with it for a while I contact reception twice to find out how to rectify the issue. On both occasions, the english barrier with the staff reared it's ugly head. We had issues last year with staff not understanding english that well and unfortunately it again occurred this year. In the end I gave up and used the complimentary tissues to cover the light.

The location of the resort is great and it's ultimately the reason why we came back. The hotel is located about a 15 minute easy stroll to the centre of Chaweng beach. There's lots of decent restaurants within a few minutes walk from the hotel.

One thing I can compliment the hotel on though is the breakfast. It had somewhat improved on the previous year. The food was fresh and rather tasty. Just make sure you get there reasonably early as once the food runs out they didn't seem to replenish stocks. That was certainly the case with the pastries anyway.

Overall, I think the Ozo hotel is over priced and rather unprofessional. If you stay at this hotel and you're happy with it you need to get out more. The staff are quite rude at times and I got the impression that the morale at the hotel is rather low. It's amazing what a nice smile and a proper greeting will do. Unfortunately we got none of that. After last year and again this year, we won't be staying at the Ozo again. Apart from the issues they're unable to do anything about, room size and storage etc, I really hope that the staff lift their game. It could be a really nice and well run hotel if they fixed some of their issues. But sorry we won't be back.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank neil M
jared_ozo, Manager at OZO Chaweng Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2015

Dear neil M

Thank you very much for taking the time and writing a review about your most recent stay with us. Your kind comments will surely be relayed to our F&B department. I would also like to sincerely apologize for the less than satisfactory experience that you have stated. We are always thankful for constructive feedback as we learn from it in a quest to become better.

Customer satisfaction is one of utmost priorities at Ozo Chaweng and I do hope that this incident will not deter you from staying with us again. I hope that you will accept our apology and allow us the opportunity to show you that the level of service you experienced during your recent stay is not indicative of the usual high standards at our hotel.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback and thereby giving us the opportunity to enhance our service quality.

Reviewed 27 May 2015

new and beautiful hotel. The beach is beautiful, wide and not busy, , the pool is amazing and the staff is extremely nice. Only downside of the hotels is that the rooms )
(are very small ( however beautiful

Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank 22yaelp

Dear Yael P

It is great to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! Your comments will certainly be a great encouragement for our staff as well.

We hope you will come back and visit us soon!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 26 May 2015

Very nice hotel from check-in to check-out. No problems at all. The breakfast buffet is very good and worth including in your stay. The hotel is right on the beach and they have a few nice set-up with a variety of chair options including a covered massage area. The beach bar is very convenient and each umbrella has a call button for beach service.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Kevin P

Reviewed 26 May 2015

This hotel was a little gem. The rooms were well appointed, very clean and fresh. Think IKEA in design-bright and functional. The bed was very comfortable with lovely white crisp sheets, very inviting and I slept very well there. The bathroom was a good size with a very luxuriously super sized shower.

The pool is very nice and the hotel is right on the beach and walking distance to all Chaweng's bars etc. The breakfast in terms of quality and selection was outstanding.

I really can't recommend this hotel enough for friends, families etc we were really impressed. But it is not super romantic for couples.

The staff at Reception particularly were very friendly and helpful.

Room tip: Don't waste money on a pool facing room. Go for beach or garden.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends