Nora Beach Resort and Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
OZO Chaweng Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$114
OZOHotels.com
Muang Samui Spa Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$246
  • Breakfast included
Amari Koh Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$138
US$442
Dara Samui Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$74
Trip.com
  • Pool
Baan Samui Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$78
  • Pool
The Library(Chaweng)
US$397
US$352
Agoda.com
Sareeraya Villas & Suites(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$318
US$259
Agoda.com
Samui Resotel Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$71
Agoda.com
Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$245
US$228
Reviews (1 182)
1 182 results
All reviewscha chaocean villakoh samuipool barour honeymoonpool staffoutdoor showerprivate pooltuk tukfree shuttlehappy hourmain townspecial thankshired a scooterthe hustle and bustlenice balconyspa treatments
FilterAll languages
13 - 18 of 1 182 reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We enjoyed our five nights at Nora Beach. Great service, friendly staff, good food and reasonably priced. Excellent musical duo in the restaurant each night - great dancing music and guest crooners made to feel welcome. A pity some guests get territorial about the poolside lounges and leave their towels there all day to prevent others from using. Some people! But overall a highly recommended resort with a lovely beach and great villas. Thanks

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank Greg T
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our stay was between 2018-3-1 and 2018-3-3

Our original booking was Deluxe Room (39 square meters) but the hotel upgraded us to the most luxurious Beachfront Pool Villa Suite (123 square meters).
Yet, the hotel spent me 30 minutes for negotiating the upgrade with them, which could have been avoided.
Also, the check-in form was too too too complicated, I never visited a hotel with such a complicated check-in form!

So, based on the price I paid and what I got actually, I have no doubt but give this hotel 99 marks for the arrangement. (1 mark deducted for the 30min negotiation)

However, below review is solely based on the villa itself.

The villa is luxurious and enormous. And there are a lot of electricity sockets! Very warm design. You can find sockets everywhere. So convenient!

There was one staff member who could speak pretty well Chinese. So, this is great news for Chinese who don't speak English very well.

The breakfast was average. There were a large variety of choices but the taste was so average that I simply chose not to have breakfast at the hotel the other day.

Now comes some minor improvements that can be made.

The cold & hot water faucets were separated. So, you needed to open the cold one and then the hot one slowly to adjust the right temperature. It looked luxurious but so troublesome to use!

There was no light at the main door of the villa. So, when you came back to your villa at night and opened the door, you couldn't see anything.

Since pool villa suites were a bit far from the hotel entrance, they provided "buddy car" services, which was actually golf car. It's free. For most of the time, I just needed to wait for 2 minutes. Pretty fast! But for once, I waited nearly 20 minutes. Some buddy car drivers drove too fast. And the tree/wood near Room 7312 should be managed. Every time the car passed Room 7312, the tree/wood might hurt the passengers onboard.

The two TVs in bedroom and living room were two small when compared with such a huge and grand villa.

There was just one electrical mosquito repeller for such a huge villa, which was obviously not enough.

The clothes rail was installed so high inside the wardrobe. If you were too short, you might not be able reach it!

The villa design could have more privacy. When compared with other similar villas I stayed before, this one was quite "open".

Besides the minor problems above, there were three biggest problems with the villa. First, the bed sheets were full of small holes. If I were to pay regular price for this villa, I would have rated it one star! This was quite unacceptable for such a luxurious villa. Second, there was a big gap on the edge of the shower door and therefore water leaked from the big gap and ran onto the ground outside when taking shower. Third, it's the Wifi. They used kind of old-fashioned Wifi connection mechanism. You needed to login on a webpage to get access and connection always dropped. Signal was also not strong enough to cover the whole villa.

The last yawp, after I checked out and when I was waiting at the lobby for my car, it was so hot and I asked for a glass of water but the staff refused and asked me to pay 70THB to buy from their bar. Well....

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the Nora Beach Resort recently, it was lovely. We had a hotel room which was lovely and clean, possibly will go for the villa next time especially if going for a special event such as an anniversary or birthday as it is larger and a little more separate. Breakfast area was fantastic right on the beach - food was nice nothing out of the ordinary. Staff were attentive. The pool area is great as it is right on the beach (beaches are stunning - great massages on the beach near the hotel) the gardens through out the hotel are lovely and tropical - we would definitely stay here again. If you are thinking of hiring a scooter use the ones at the hotel around the same price & you don’t need to leave your passport.

hotel)

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Janine F
Reviewed 19 March 2018

we stayed here from 8th March until 15th and loved every minute. Comfortable room, great food, especially breakfast, lovely helpful staff, great position next to the sea and all the facilities we could want.
Hotel provides minibus free of charge at certain times into the town which is no more than 10 minutes away.Other times minibus is available costing 100 BHT per couple, that's just over £1 per person.
Snacks/drinks available poolside served by friendly staff. Wifi free.

Room Tip: There are various grades of rooms to choose from i.e sea view with pool, spacious chalets and apartments. All air conditioned.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Jeff S, General Manager at Nora Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Attn: RichardB1947

Thank you very much for your feedback!
We all here at Nora Beach Resort & Spa do look forward to a chance to welcome you back to Koh Samui again the very near future.

Yours sincerely,
The Management Team.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

My husband and I spent our honeymoon in a villa with a private pool right on the beach. Our 7 nights there were simply amazing, I did not want to leave! The villa itself is absolutely beautiful. Very big and traditionally thai. When we arrived, the room had some lovely rose petals on the bed and we received a nice welcome drink and cool towel. The villa has a great outdoor deck area and the pool was amazing, we had a perfect view of the beach which was fairly quiet other than a few people walking by occasionally but that did not really bother us. The bed was a bit hard on the first night but I requested a soft mattress protector which was provided the next day and then the bed was very comfortable.The photos on their website of the room is pretty much spot on. One downside was that the villa could do with a bit of a new paint job in the bathroom as there are quite a few marks, the shower leaked a lot of water during each shower, and the bathroom sink did not fully drain the water. Minor things though!

The breakfast each morning was the best! It had pretty much everything you could want for breakfast, cereals, fruit, variety of breads (the dark bread was so good!), juices, all the standard cooked foods (bacon, sausages, baked beans etc), and asian food as well. There was an egg station and the chef made fresh made to order eggs any way you wanted, and the coffee station was great too. I am quite picky with my coffee but my requests were fulfilled with a smile and after a few mornings the girls already knew what I was going to ask for. The restaurant is right on the beach, so every morning we got to see the beautiful ocean. It was just divine.

Even though we had a private pool, we spent some time at the resort pool as they had happy hour a couple of times a day and we took advantage of the discount cocktails which were very good. We went to the resort spa 3 times because it was so relaxing, the smells and sounds were so nice, staff were great and the atmosphere just amazing. The spa is quite a bit more expensive than the street massage parlours, but so worth it. We did go to a few street massages but you get what you pay for. They are very cheap (around AU$11), but the ladies chat to each other, essentially do the same routine, and even though we got a foot massage, most of it is the legs and just a bit in the middle of the foot, barely toes.

Anyway, back to Nora: the grounds are beautifully maintained, gorgeous gardens and staff are great. As others have said, there is a bit of a steep hill up to reception, but we got the golf buggies a few times to drive us up there, no problem at all. The beach there is nice, but not very wide. We went in the ocean once there and it was amazing, but the water can get quite wild and with lots of seaweed when its stormy or windy, but I guess that is normal.

On one night we were there, we had the restaurant set up a private romantic dinner for us on our deck at our villa, and they set up up so beautifully. Gorgeous flowers, fairy lights, draping etc. It was stunning. We had a private waiter bring us 4 courses - there was so much food! It was very good and our waiter was lovely. We had a bit of a chat to him about different things.

We also had dinner there for a special hawaii night that served a BBQ and had the most fascinating fire show. It was great. We also had dinner and lunch at the restaurant at other times. The food was always very good. The only time we did not enjoy food was a pizza we had for lunch, would not recommend that one.

To get around, we hired a scooter from the resort 2 times. Couldn't have been easier and no issues at all. Though people do drive like crazy on the streets so have to be very careful. The scooter cost 250 baht and we paid a bit extra for insurance as well.

All in all, amazing resort, wish I was back there already, we had the best holiday.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, get a pool villa on the beach, smile to staff and be friendly and they will be friendly to you, enjoy your time.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple