See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

The only reason I was in Ciampino is for business. It's really such a dull place next time I'd definitely enjoy staying in Rome and commute
The only thing this hotel has going for it is the warm welcome. After that, for me it's not the kind of place I want to stay
The rooms are all leading from a central walkway which means a constant flow of visitors if the hotel is busy. I like to sleep with my window open but not possible in this case as it would be so easy just to clear my into the room and in any case you have no privacy from people trying to get to their rooms
Small bedroom with the most uncomfortable bed and pillows I've slept in for some time, and I average 26 weeks a year in hotels around the world!
I was not happy with the cleaning since the shower had mould growing on the wall, my last day I had no soap and my bed , where I had accidentally spilled something on day one, not had a change of sheet.
Breakfast was appalling even by Italy an standards. The cheapest of yoghurt, sweetened, no fruit , no protein and either packet jam or Nutella to go on a dried biscuit. The croissants were rock hard and stale, the juice a sugary squash not the real thing. Thank goodness for real coffee
But my biggest complaint is concerning the paper thin walls. I was able to hear everything going on in the rooms around me, many of which should have remained private! I was woken several times each night and also the early hours by people leaving / arriving at the hotel from the nearby airport
On second thoughts, this hotel deserves only one star, and not cheap either!!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 August 2016

I stayed at the Hotel Louis for 2 nights with my two young children and needed a good value hotel with parking, near to the airport, and with good transport links to the centre of Rome. This hotel was perfect for this and I'd really recommend it. Good breakfast included (cereal, pastries, yoghurt, fruit) . Rooms were pleasant and clean and had much needed AC. It was easily walkable to the train station and then only 15 minutes into Rome termini. We also found a couple of restaurants to eat in close to the hotel in the evenings. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful too. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank penny586
Reviewed 18 May 2016

Family owned hotel. Looking like to be host in a friendly home more than to stay in a Hotel. Really close to the Airport in a quite and calm narrow street. Ciampino is everything but a touristic place but is really close to Rome and to the beautiful area called "Castelli". Nice and clean rooms, good price, don't hesitate to ask to the owner if you need any help. Recommended.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2015

A small family run hotel, in a former residential building, it seems. The rooms are nice, as is the bed and shower.
Breakfast could be a little bit more to choose from, and the owners presume you will always have coffee and croissants. The only other things are yogurt and cereal.
But in the end a very pleasant stay. I recommend the Marchese del Grill restaurant, it's a bit of a walk, but definitely worth it!!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We stayed in this small hotel twice and the frist time the hotel staff (run by a family Mother ,Father son and daughter) were a little stand offish in Europe the people are often like this.,but the second time they were pleasent.This hotel is located outside of rome in a small town called Campino it was an old army base area and now is considered one of the nicest suburbs in Rome .There is not much to do in town and do not expect to stroll down pretty streets and good shopping with good resturants . The beauty of this area is that you can get good value for your money if you stay here.Close to Rome and if you rent a car they have some parking. The staff did accomidate us when we had family come to visit us in the hotel the small courtyard is set up for your morning coffee and is pleasent to stay in the afternoon after your return from the busy city. I would recommend this hotel if you have family in the area and do not want to put anyone out while you vist however if you want to have a small town feeling in Rome this is not the location for you.(stayed Aug2011 and Aug 2007) The hotel seems to have been a large home at one time and was converted to a hotel a very long time ago.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family