All reviews gated community very nice hotel hotel is located paulo guy bedroom beach
Reviewed 24 April 2018

We went with my husband to spend a week in this hotel last week. Premises are really pretty, décor is outstanding and I think the one or one of the few of this kind of higher end hotel in the area. We had the ocean view suite, gorgeous! huge bathroom and bedroom, a lot of space and a view to die for. Overall, my review would be much better if one of the employees in the beach area would have not put me on the worse mood ever! As you can see this hotel and my room are not cheap, we like pay more to get higher quality. You would imagine that for the amount of money this hotel cost, you can move the beach lounges to wherever you want within the hotel's beach area... but no, this person, whatever his name was, simply started an argument with my husband telling him he could not move the lounge to where we wanted to sit... really? so after that argument, I had to take the available lounge and stay right there where they wanted it... really?
Food was good, Joao at the beach and restaurant was great, also another girl with glasses (waitress) was the best ever, regrettably I forgot her name :(, but if you are hungry, you better go elsewhere, food took forever to come out... and when say forever, I mean over 1:30 hrs wait for the food most of evenings where the waitress could not do anything other than to apologize every 10 minutes, poor thing, not her fault...
I think that the particular week we went they were short on stuff in the kitchen, otherwise I cannot understand the long waits on a hotel of this level.

The hotel itself and the views are really really nice, people were mostly nice except of this guy at the beach, I would recommend this hotel and I am writing this review in the hopes that the hotel reads it and they can improve the flows, they do deserve better.

Room Tip: ocean view
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fadia S
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

This was my second visit to Costa Verde Tabatinga Hotel. We came back as we enjoyed our first visit. The location and decor were great, the service was good. The restaurant lacked variety however the location made up for it. Yet during our latest visit it was clear that something had changed. The jacuzzi had a horrific smell, and was clearly not properly cleaned in a while, the smell only got worse each day. The breakfast buffet ran out of food and cuttlery halfway through service each day, and we and other guests had to bring this to the attention of the staff everytime. The service which was great during our first visit, had disappeared, I had to walk to the beach bar every time to place an order. The beach bar opened at 11 am on Sunday, while the beach was full of guests as of 830 am. They have clearly decided to cut costs, but unfortunately this has resulted is a drastic decline in service. For a five star Hotel, the service is barely 3 star. What surprised me is that every time I spoke to staff, it seemed that this was normal, there was no rebuttal, it was clear they had all given up. Every guest we spoke to shared our opinion. All in all very unfortunate, as it would have been a place we would happily go back to, and now we will not return.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Hotel is located in a gated community, can feel safer.
Very nice atmosphere. Food is average, breakfast buffet included.
People from the hotel tried their best.
But be aware!
No one speaks English!

Room Tip: Ocean view
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

One of the best condominium in the north seashore of São Paulo state. There are several restaurants and the beach service are great. If you want you can land with your private helicopter there.
Beautiful houses and condos in a pristine beach.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank andreo124
Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Location is fantastic, beautiful beach and pool great. However this alone does not merit the price. To charge the same as a European 5-star hotel, the service levels need to improve. A twin room was reserved but upon check-in, we were given a double and had to wait 20 mins for this to be corrected. We then noticed AC unit had leaked water all over the floor, which should have been noticed and rectified prior to guest arrival. General customer service was also lacking - pool bar closes very early, wait and bar staff slow and unattentive. Most staff speak no English - almost inconceivable in any other location in this price range. This hotel very much trades off the location and seems to be resting on its laurels in lack of competition nearby.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends