“cosy and peaceful”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Erw Coed

Erw Coed from the river
Lounge and dining room Bedroom now complete
Check Availability
Kitchen completed
Family bathroom
Entrance hall
View from lounge
River from next to cottage
View in Winter
View in winter
Nearby mountain lake, one hours walk from cottage
Lounge
Sqirral on bedroom windowsill
Photo though window
Erw Coed from road
Our woodland wild garden
Woodland behind cottage on a half acre
View from lounge window in the Spring
Outside sitting area
Attic bedroom with four beds
Winter
New Conservatory
Entrance to new conservatory
Entrance
Erw Coed from the river
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Lara B
“cosy and peaceful”
Reviewed 6 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

My friend Sophie and her little boy with myself and my little boy spent a great weekend in this little cottage. The area is great, peaceful and people are so friendly. It is an ideal spot for two very lively toddlers who were exploring everything. The cottage itself is very down to earth. It has got everything you need. Nothing missing. I would definitely book again here for another trip in the near future and I wish the owners will take on board some suggestions and notes: i would recommend to repair the frame of the double bed. The mattress is sitting on a broken frame and could be uncomfortable for someone. It would beneficial to have less furnitures in the living rooms. For sure I would not put chairs and table in front of the living room window. Such a shame to block the heat and the view. I would like to suggest to place the dryer downstair and remove more furnitures. Rubbish should have been removed from outside and bins emptied. The inside bin did smell not nicely. Unfortunately we were not able to take the rubbish out as the bins (green bins?) were full and did not know what to do. It was not useful having Sky TV not bot able to watch anything as all the channels were inaccessible. Shame because two single mums with two toddlers...it would have been nice rest in front of a nice movie....Fireplace...The previous burnt wood was left inside leaving us not able to light a fire. We tried but could not do it. Please have the shower head (the big one) working on cold and hot also as it would have been nice having that...Nothing wrong with the other shower head...we enjoyed the hot shower...it is just a pity having a very good shower head and not be able to use it. The kitchen was fully equipped with everything and much more...I did not personally expected that and it was nice to see this because you tempt to forget something at home all the time. I hope you can improve further the attic space as it has such great potentials if properly layout and have some built in drawers along the empty space. I would remove the sofa from there and put useful furnitures.
The position of the cottage is so closed also to any amenities, few minutes by car and also walks around there are superb. We took the kids down to the farm to see the animals and we enjoyed the tranquillity of the area and so safe for the boys to wonder around without worries.
Thank you again for everything. i would personally recommend the cottage and I would love to return there soon.

Travelling group: Friends
7 Mar 2016
Dear Lara,
Thank you for your review and advice which we are implementing straight away along with a checking list between quests. We will look forward to you coming again. Regards, Suzanne.
99Rachel4...
Derby, United Kingdom
“Warm n cosy”
Reviewed 20 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016
person found this review helpful

Well I will admit I watched the You a Tube video after I had just booked and I was a little apprehensive of staying here! We had no probs parking our car in fact it was the same make as in the video, we just made sure it was parked right up to the wall. The paths were not slippery even with the amount of rain we had, the side light worked on a sensor and was pretty bright. The front garden looked like a garden does in winter, my looks the same but come spring it's full of life! The wooden building at the back is near to completion . Now moving on to the kitchen, yes it's quirky but it has now been finished off and is adequate, our only problem here was the mugs weren't big enough, 2 slurps of tea and it's gone but we bought 2 bigger mugs and I couldn't get on with the potato peeler, so bought one of those too and have left them there. We had no problems with the oven or grill, cooked both nights we were there using the cooker. The dining area and front room were warm and cosy. The bed has been changed in the main bedroom and the wardrobe has been fixed, husband said it was the best nights sleep he's had in a long time. Bathroom, lovely and clean, notice on shower side advising you about the shower. Attic room, now 3 beds in there, no real 'junk' under the eves, all painted and clean. Yes a water mark on one side, but that looks like it's being sorted. The cottage was lovely and warm and cosy. It was ideal for what we needed and hope to return later in the year when we can explore the lovely area that's outside the front door, which also does not look like it does on video. The wifi was fantastic, the children were pleased with this and the TV, yes had mainly the basic channels on Sky but that's all we really needed. Thank you for a pleasant stay!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
25 Feb 2016
Thank you for this review. We are glad you had a good stay and can recommend our much loved cottage to others to also have a good and enjoyable holiday. Regards, Suzanne. P. S. Thank you for leaving us with a different potato peeler and mugs. We will bring up more mugs too.
amanda E
Poole, United Kingdom
“Miss”
Reviewed 7 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016

We would love to thank Suzzanne & Wilfred for a wonderful stay.
The cottage had everything we needed. Plenty of space. It was cosy and warm, peaceful setting just off the town.
Ideal location for anyone who wants a perfect gateway with natural surrounding and plenty to do around.
The cottage is in a picturesque location to wake up to.
Suzzanne is a lovely lady to talk to and there was a house phone to contact them if required.

We will be booking again very soon and would recommend this place again and again.

25 Feb 2016
Dear Amanda,
Thank you for this excellent review. We look forward to you coming again. Regards, Suzanne.
Chazzene1...
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Unpleasant surprise”
Reviewed 25 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015
person found this review helpful

My husband has added YouTube videos of what this place is actually like please watch so you don't get ripped of. Just type erw coed. I have nothing good to say about this place at all it makes my blood boil to think we tolerated it for a week and I would never let a place in this condition my self its disgraceful and a complete safety hazard! With a falling apart unfixed kitchen! A toaster that burns you! A shower that only let's out scolding hot water! Trip hazards and loose bits of junk every where! To name a few and a mini sized cookerfit for a caravan and a kitchen stuffed with crocks that didn't even fit in the damned thing and this is what is known as self catering apparently! To think my husband and I stayed here with our four children one of which is a newborn makes me cringe so many health hazards not to mention the lamp almost caught fire because dosey so and so put a 100w bulb in it with a paper shade instead of 50w just imagine what could have happened to my family and to think we pages for the experience! Please no one else stay here it's not suitable for anything other than demolition

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
31 Jan 2016
Dear Chazzene,
We were shocked at your reveiw, especially as we were inspected by Welsh Cottages just after you left at THREE STAR even with the kitchen not quite complete but funtional. My 73 yr old husband, a experience builder had had a heart attack and we only returned this week to complete the whole job. We are thankful for all the positive reviews we have had in the very short time we have opened and hope we will never again have a negative reveiw. Regards, Suzanne.
Sarah B
Coleshill, United Kingdom
“wonderful christmas break”
Reviewed 26 December 2015 for a stay in December 2015
person found this review helpful

I would highly recommend this lovely little cottage, very well equipped with everything you could possibly need.My husband and I stayed for two nights and cooked a wonderful Christmas dinner, very enjoyable stay, very cosy and peaceful. Would certainly like to stay again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: everything was great
Liked least: There wasnt anything to dislike
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
2 Jan 2016
Dear Sarah,
Thank you for your excellent review. We are so glad you had a enjoyable stay and we hope that you will come again. Regards, Suzanne and Wilfrid.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing