“Quick stopover on our way home”

Caffe Bistrot Mastai
Ranked #2 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Chiavenna
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Reviewed 18 January 2018

It was six o'clock in the evening, so the right time for a pre-dinner drink. Good wine list, helpful staff and lovely snacks included with your drinks.

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed 3 September 2017

Great location outside the station, really good Italian coffee at prices that would make Costa cry. Wonderful selection of snacks and patisserie, clean and functioning toilets. Well recommended for a quick break when travelling through.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Great place to meet ... its a typical Italian ristorante with nice drinks and great snacks..
as well as full meals
Its actually a meeting place in town .. as it is just opposite the Chiavenna train station..
Its a modern typical Italian style Café, Try it .. its well worth it.
Fast, efficient and polite service. Can highly recommend ! You wont regret.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 24 April 2017

Situated right by the station, Mastai is a great place for a beer or a coffee while waiting. We met up with friends there and enjoyed our short stay which included a few beers and complementary nibbles. The service could of been a little better but overall I like this place and would of liked the opportunity to have a full meal there however due to travelling arrangements this wasn't possible. Maybe next time!

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

We stopped Chiavenna as my cousin had some work to do here. I had the day free but before we split for the day we stopped in to have a coffee and a brioche. I saw a biscotti which looked a lot like my mother used to make. Basically a butter cookie in the shape of an S. I got one of those and a coffee. The cookie was great as was the coffee. I returned after visiting the town to wait for my cousin. I asked for a cup of tea and got a good sized cup and a pot of hot water. I sat and watched the people go in and out of bus and train station across the street. It is a good place for people watching and relaxing. Highly recommend it if you are in Chiavenna.

Date of visit: September 2016