All reviewsguest houseglass of wineon arrivalother guestswarm welcomehot towelsfudgefruit smoothiesspoilt for choicegreat breakfasthotel oppositejo malonebreakfast menucomfortable bedlittle touchesthe main roadoban area
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Was a last minute trip but we felt more than welcome. Everyone working is so friendly and helpful, we couldn’t have happened upon a better place to stay. The breakfast was absolutely delicious and the room was perfect. Had a great time in a beautiful location.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
KarenOby, Owner at Grove House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

Thank you for your super review.

I am delighted that you liked the design and style of our newly decorated bedrooms and bathrooms. All are brand new for the 2018 season.
Great too that the extensive gourmet breakfast went down well. We feel it most important that one has a wonderful breakfast offering a varied choice using as much local and Scottish produce as possible.
Out ' Taste our Best ' Award from Visit Scotland is testament to this...

Lastly, thanks for pointing out that we were all friendly. We are all in a most fortunate position to love what we do, and welcoming guests to stay gives us immense pleasure on a daily basis.

I do hope that you will stay with us again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

What a lovely welcoming accommodation with fantastic hosts, Jason and Agnieska. They couldn't do enough for us. Breakfast was great, lots of choice. An excellent guest house, well located if you are on your way to the islands by ferry. Within walking distance of the Oyster Inn, where there are a variety of fish dishes.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
KarenOby, Owner at Grove House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

Thank you for your lovely review. Your kind words are much appreciated.

We are all in a most fortunate position to love what we do, and each day we look forward to welcoming guests to stay. It gives us immense pleasure on a daily basis.
I shall pass your lovely comments onto my managers Jason and Agneiska who both take great pride in the operation of my business.

I am delighted also that you enjoyed the extensive gourmet breakfast, and appreciated the wonderful eateries all within walking distance of the bed and breakfast.
The Oyster Inn is a super place to dine, and one can enjoy beautiful loch views from the restaurant.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay with us, and I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Nice place, with reasonable prices. The location is within walking distance of the oyster inn/glue pot restaurant, and it's nicely appointed. Appears to be a very large house which has been rennovated to a B&B. The two hosts were very sweet, the breakfast was generous and excellently cooked (Choose from 10 bespoke menu options, plus various cereals, coffees, teas, smoothies, etc). 24/7 coffee machine in the dining room. White wine and Scottish tablet on checkin, which was fun. Nice gardens outside.

It's a comfortable B&B, with reasonable prices and great food. The rooms may seem cramped to travelers who are used to hotels; room and bathroom sizes are more in line with those in a European city. Some rooms are en-suite bathrooms, a few are not en-suite bathrooms.

Stayed: June 2018
KarenOby, Owner at Grove House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at my 4 Star Gold bed and breakfast. I am pleased that you enjoyed many of the little extras that we offer from the complimentary hot drinks available 24 hours a day from the machine to the ' Welcome Plate ' that we serve to guests upon arrival. The welcome plate consists of a carafe of wine Jo Malone towels and home baking. This is something that we offer with our compliments to those who book directly via our own website . It is not available to booking.com bookings due to the high commission levels.

I shall pass your kind comments onto my management team who both take great pride in the running of Grove House on a daily basis.

You mentioned that you thought Grove House was a house then renovated to become a B and B...
The property was actually built as a guest house many years ago. As you correctly pointed out it has had an extensive amount of renovation work carried out within the property. Each bedroom does indeed have a private bathroom, and these are all brand new for the 2018 season.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay with us, and I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back for another stay in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

We were at Grove House for 2 nights in June 2018. Our ensuite room was very clean but a bit tight to navigate, especially with luggage. Service was lovely, although having longer breakfast hours (it is only from 8-9) would afford more flexibility for guests. Overall, a very good experience otherwise. We would stay again!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
KarenOby, Owner at Grove House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your 2 night stay at Grove House. I am pleased to read that you found my bed and breakfast to be clean. This is one of the many areas that we pay particular attention to, as we feel it is most important. We have been awarded 100% for cleanliness from Visit Scotland for many years.

You mentioned that your room / bathroom was a little tight for space for you ...We have various room sizes at Grove House. We do make these very clear on our website to allow you a choice when making the booking.
Perhaps on your next stay you may want to look at our Deluxe King. This is a super 27sqm bedroom , with a seating area with a desk / fridge etc along with a lovely large en suite.
You many even want to consider our 5 Star Gold bed and breakfast that is a few minutes drive away called Ardtorna. All bedrooms at Ardtorna are large with vaulted ceilings , have super king beds and each boast loch views from the ceiling to floor windows.
This property has won the best B and B for Scotland 6 times, along with many other food and environmental awards.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay with us. It was a true delight to meet you both, and I do hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 15 June 2018

Nice place, but our room was a little smaller than we envisaged from the website pictures. Friendly host and good breakfasts. Located in a corner plot next to the main road. The host gave us a good tip for evening meal.

Room Tip: The room we had was compact and might not suit a larger person.
Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
KarenOby, Owner at Grove House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Grove House. I am pleased to read that you found my 4 Star Gold bed and breakfast to be nice. I have owned and run the property for over 30 years, and take great pride doing so. It gives me immense pleasure on a daily basis to share my home with guests from all over the world.

I offer quality throughout from furnishing to the extensive gourmet breakfast that you kindly pointed out was good. We have been given a 'Taste our Best ' award from Visit Scotland for several years in recognition of the quality local and Scottish produce on offer within our menu.

You mentioned that the room you were given was smaller than expected. We have several room types within the property and each one is visible on our detailed website.
Our rooms are all to 4 star standard, with many of them 5 star standard. For future you may wish to look at our Deluxe King Suite which is a beautiful 27sqm bedroom with a large en suite if you prefer to have more space within your bedroom. This particular room has a lovely private seating area along with a desk / fridge etc. We do not try to make out that our rooms are larger than they are on our site. Unfortunately I have no control over what one envisages , but we do make sure we have a most accurate and up to date website.

May I say that it was lovely to meet you, and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay with us at grove House.