All reviews four poster bed old world charm standard room quaint hotel residents lounge cocktail bar no lift roaring fire evening meal loch etive cooked breakfast lovely location we've stayed connel bridge single room main course feel welcome
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Stayed here as a child and it was lovely to revisit many years later. Staff are very friendly and the hotel is a little quirky. We stayed in the Jacuzzi room, very spacious, huge bed with wood effect flooring which was cosy and warm. The room was on offer for two nights and so was good value for the price. Breakfast was included and was served in a room with amazing views across Loch Etive. Cooked breakfast was very good. Oban is only about 5 minutes away by car so this is a perfect place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here with our wee dog and from the start the staff were so friendly. The room (28) was a good size double room which was clean, modern and there are obvious signs that there is modernisations ongoing. We loved the old and new look. We had a small issue in that the hot water ran out but on speaking to staff it was quickly sorted. They actually identified that someone had left a valve open causing all the hot water to run off, so they were happy we told them. It was my wife who identified it but I got a complementary pint . The bar area was cosy with a log fire and the dog was able to come in. We had dinner which again was excellent with good size portions. Overall we will definitely return and stay a couple of nights next time. A big thank you goes to the excellent staff, food and rooms. Loved every minute. Great Stay.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

This is my second & equally enjoyable visit.

I had a newly refurbished double bedroom which was very comfortable

WiFi was fast & strong

The public areas maintain the historic/traditional feel & add to the ambiance of staying in an “old” Scottish house

The staff are very friendly, the evening meal was excellent & value for money

I will definitely return when next passing

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank IslayAndrew
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Absolutely gorgeous hotel with such a character, in a location with beautiful views. The staff are so friendly, and go out of their way to meet your every need. We had a very snowy weekend at the highland sale, the huge fire in the hotel bar was a great refuge from the snow along with the great selection of wine that warmed us up too! The new modern twists to the rooms are bringing this old hotel into the 21st century yet the unique character remains present throughout. There is a great selection of food with great quick service, we were never disappointed.
Overall a great stay, will be returning at the soonest opportunity and would recommend to all!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2018

Birthday lunch. For 20,
How smooth it ran..from my original telephone call to today...how easy they made this for my organising. It was totally stress free - - - for. Me!
Beautiful setting, the staff were exceptional, so professional, carried out any queries with no problem . Food mmmmmm to die for!
Thank you so much for making my friends birthday a day to remember.
Can’t wait to come back..

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends