we wanted a peaceful place to escape from hectic life in Cape Town, and we sure found it here. It would be ideal for a group of friends of up to 8 who just wanted total relaxation. Just the 2 of us and our 2 dogs walked, ran, relaxed, cooked, took the amazingly informative and interesting tour provided by Chris...and to top it all he played his guitar (very well) for us and we chatted about music and life. And just to confirm, the views are to die for! The walk down/up to the river and dam is steep from the house but well worth the effort - you would then deserve a splendid dinner after the calorie burn! There is no TV, everything is solar powered. But who needs to know what's happening elsewhere when you have paradise in front of you? PS Ask Chris about his ram pump, go on. We will be back one day xxxx
What a magical place with legendary mermaid ponds, fairy trails, fire flies, scenes of otter family crossing the dam etc. Spectacular mountain and dam views from every angle of a beautifully designed moroccon style house which is totally private, secluded and solar powered. The most beautiful sounds of nature, guitar play, truly music to the soul. Thanjs Chris you were an amazing host!!!
We had the great fortune of visiting Akasha Mountain Retreat on our recent trip to South Africa. From the moment we arrived, we were made to feel welcome and at home! Chris is a fantastic host and we were fortunate to get to spend some time exploring the property with him (and his wonderful dogs!). He even played guitar for us in the evening (and he is quite good!). This place is stunningly beautiful and the perfect place to unplug, read a book, enjoy nature and play Scrabble! The beds are comfortable and everything is thoughtfully provided for your stay. Our only complaint is that one night was NOT enough and we will definitely return for another stay in this beautiful retreat!
For our 4-week trip to the Western & Eastern Cape my family and I (wife and 18 month old daugther) were looking for something special as we also would be celebrating my birthday during our stay and while surfing the web my eye was caught by this place. I couldn't find much reviews but the reviews and blogs describing the place were all unanimously positive. Although it was the most expensive accomodation of our entire 4 weeks it was also the absolute highlight of our trip, by far! Why, do you ask? Well where do I start...
1. The Moroccan styled house itself is very spacious as I believe up to 12 people can stay there altogether and the house was also in optimal condition and very clean upon arrival. Attention to detail is also truly incredible.
2. Chris the owner has thought about everything to make your stay as comfortable as can be and will do everything in his power to make sure you have an optimal experience
3. Complimentary walks around the farm with Chris as your guide.
4. Limited cellphone reception and no tv so true quality time with your family/friends.
5. It's only you and your family/friends on the farm so very exclusive.
6. The vibe of the place is just super relaxed.
7. Prolific birdlife around the house and the farm so if you're into sunbirds, sugerbirds etc. you will love it.
8. The views are out of this world.
9. The views ARE out of this world.
So if you're looking for a unique location in the Western Cape, look no further than Akasha Mountain Retreat. It's truly heaven on earth and we hope to return some day to relive this exceptional experience. Michel, Leonie & Nova
Loved the Moroccan style house, attention to detail, views, mechanical water pump, roaming horses, dam. Chris showed us the best parts of the farm. Fantastic massage.