“Terrible”

The Ocean Sizzler
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Hearty food, heartily prepared for your enjoyment. They say: "Home is where the heart is." We say: Come home. Come to Ocean Sizzler. Under new ownership and management since January 2016.
Reviewed 9 January 2018

Bad sushi, terrible service, inexperienced waitress that didn't know anything, gave us wrong order which we brought to her attention, she agreed to take it off the bill but then still billed us for it and argued with us over it. Terrible food and over priced therefore.
Don't ever go here.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

My wife and I with my daughter and her husband had lunch this past Sunday (27/08/2017) at Ocean Sizzler located at Eden on the Bay. Great location. We could take an easy relaxing stroll on the beach after lunch on a beautiful sunny Cape Town Sunday afternoon. The restaurant was very busy but unfortunately the service was not great and we had to wait more than an hour for the Kingklip Thermido that we ordered. The food was great though and is value for money. The live music was ‘n nice distraction during the long wait for our food to arrive. We enjoyed the cocktails (Pina Colada & Strawberry daiquiri) we order although a warm fresh Mango juiced arrived instead of the smoothie that was ordered? It took a while to correct it.
We however still had a very relaxing Sunday afternoon and can recommend it if you exercise patience and just want a casual lunch that’s affordable.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

We had lunch there last Sunday, good value , average service, value for your money. Great position at Eden on the Bay, we enjoyed it very much and would recommend for a quiet casual lunch..

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

My sister and I went for lunch on the 6th of August. Sundays are busy, we understand that, being in the industry ourselves. Yes, it is winter and costs are cut due to it being quiet. We were rather relaxed and in no hurry, but as time went on it just got sluggish. It is not okay to wait an hour for fish and chips - which was covered in aromat. Craig, our waiter, continuously apologized for the wait. When finally getting our bill, after a rather lengthy delay, it had to be amended twice. Then to top it all off, a cheeky R90 was added onto the bill after a tip was added. If I hadn't paid attention I wouldn't of noticed. I am very disappointed. I am a rather laid back person when it comes to this, but all I can say is "sis."

Reviewed 3 August 2017

Went to Ocean Sizzler for a late Sunday lunch. They didn't have the wine that the waiter suggested... they didn't have any pizza's either.... I realise this is winter in Cape Town, but please check the weather report and stock up on supplies. The platter we shared was ok - more chicken than fish though. The sushi was average.
All in all a rather disappointing experience, the view is amazing, but that's where it ends. Sad - these guys need to remember the locals see them through winter - we deserve the same experience as in Summer.