“Always the place to go”
Review of Ons Huisie

Ons Huisie
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The ever popular Ons Huisie is part of the Seascape Collection and boasts spectacular views, delicious, traditional West Coast cuisine, dog friendly facilities and picture perfect views of the Atlantic Ocean and Robben Island. It is recognised as one of the tourist destinations in the Cape Peninsula. Visitors come from across the world and experience our exquisite West Coast cuisine. They always come back for our fish and chips, calamari and mussel pots which are signature dishes.
Reviewed 6 March 2019 via mobile

Within walking distance from our accommodation in Blouberg. We have eaten here many many times during our stays here. Calamari & Hake our favorites... homely place with good food, and fresh sea air where you can just chill for however long you want

Date of visit: March 2019
OnsHuisie12, Manager at Ons Huisie, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2019

Dear Amanda,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this great review on your recent experience at Ons Huisie. I am certain the rest of your team will be just as delighted as I am regarding your feedback.

Ons Huisie Management

Write a reviewReviews (917)

Reviewed 4 March 2019

We sat outside in the evening and I'm glad I brought a little jacket cause the wind really picked up. But rather that than being sat indoors and not get the full view of the sea and the waves crashing into the nearby houses. The food was great as were the coffee afterwards. The staff were very friendly

Date of visit: February 2019

Dear Malin,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this great review on your recent experience at Ons Huisie. The view from our restaurant certainly is something special even on a cold, windy day. Thank you for your kind words regarding the dishes you had. We will definitely be sharing these comments with the rest of our team who will be just as happy to hear the news.

Reviewed 3 March 2019

This is not fine dining certainly, but we have always enjoyed our meals here and the setting next to the sea is lovely. On our latest visit my husband had bobotie which he thoroughly enjoyed and I had fish gougons, also very tasty. My glass of house wine was very good and an enormous size while my husband enjoyed a local brew.
Service was good, and prompt, and our server was chatty and helpful.

Date of visit: February 2019

Dear 5133,

Reviewed 3 March 2019 via mobile

We had breakfast and the omelette was bad. The croissant not fresh. The toast was like brick. The bathroom was filthy. This was the worst food we had in Capetown. Very dissapointing. Our waiter was kind.

Date of visit: March 2019
OnsHuisie12, General Manager at Ons Huisie, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2019

Dear maxstser,

Thank you for your feedback on your experience at Ons Huisie. I would like to apologize on behalf of Ons Huisie and our head office for the poor level of service and quality of the dishes you experienced.

We value all of the comments we receive from our guests as this enables us to improve on our offerings and service. The guest experience as well as the quality of our dishes are of utmost importance to us.

We hope to continue the conversation privately to address all of the raised issues that you experienced. Could you please send us with your e-mail address to marketing@seascapecollection.co.za.

Management

Reviewed 2 March 2019

The atmosphere and food was great...the view of the sunset over Robben Island, amazing. My sister had the lamb bredie, my husband had prawns and I had calamarie.

Dear Ruthi,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review Ons Huisie Restaurant.

We are delighted to hear about your dinner experience and that you found the food to your satisfaction. I am certain the chef and his team along with the rest of the staff will be just as happy to hear about your feedback.

Thank you once again. We look forward to your next visit.