Birkenhead Manor Boutique Guest House
Blouberg Manor Boutique Hotel(Bloubergstrand)(Great Value!)
US$71
No availability for your dates from our partners
Myoli Accommodation(Bloubergstrand)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsthe breakfast areab bgreat locationpleasant staypoolguesthouse
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 February 2016

Miri and Wolfgang are considerate, welcoming and responsive hosts with a comfortable property that they are continuing to improve. The view of Table Mountain from the top patio, the garden and the pool and the tasty breakfast add to the experience of the comfortably appointed rooms. Walking distance to restaurants, beach, bus service and shopping center yet quiet location. Highly recommend Birkenhead Manor for value and a comfortable stay!

Room Tip: Recommend ground floor room if any mobility issues as stairs quite steep.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Consistencyexpected
Reviewed 22 January 2016

Simply wonderful! The hosts (Wolfgang & Miri) added that special touch to our stay.

We booked a Superior Room which lead to our little private area in the garden near the pool, the room catered for all our needs, very large. The only reason I didn't give a 5/5 score was there was no air con (But in Cape Town the wind cooled us off nicely), not the end of the world.

The guest house is in walking distance to the beach, restaurants and local Marine Drive strip.

Breakfast was prepped and served with a smile from the gracious staff members, all fresh produce which start our day nicely.

The free parking was great, could come and go as we pleased.

Wolfgang and Miri invited us to an evening of champagne and cheese. Awesome time, great laughs with guests from Austria and the UK.

I fully recommend Birkenhead Manor to both holiday and business visitors.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank GrantOrchard
Reviewed 4 January 2016

We spend 10 days at Birkenhead Mannor in December 2015. After being messed around with our accommodation from a B&B nearby, I contacted Miri from Birkenhead who assisted us immediately. The room was small-ish, but perfectly functional for what we required. Most importantly, it was neat and clean. A mere 2 minute walk will provide the most splendid views of Table Mountain. We found that we were able to walk most places that we needed to go. We had a garden unit which looked out onto a small garden. We also enjoyed the sparkling blue pool as well as the superb breakfasts served daily. The ladies who served us breakfast went out of their way to make sure we had everything our tummies desired. Miri and Wolfgang who run the guest house were equally superb. On our arrival, we were welcomed with a bottle of red wine for our bedroom- on the house, which was a very nice touch.
I would highly recommend Birkenhead as an affordable option when visiting Bloubergstrand.

Stayed: December 2015
1  Thank Megan R R
Reviewed 9 November 2015

I have stayed at the Birkenhead in the past and it now appears to be under new management.
The room was fine but the TV is at least a 1950s model and works like one. The is only washing cream in the shower and no soap which I hate.
The coffee is\n the room is Rickoffy and for the price I reckon they could do better. Awful stuff.
I did not get to sample the breakfast at 7.00am on the Sunday because either I couldn't find it or everyone was a sleep still! Had a plane to catch.
I will go back, with a bar of soap.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 October 2015 via mobile

I come to Cape Town regularly with business and stay in the Birkenhead whenever possible. The house is situated on a quiet street very close to the beach and restaurants. It is clean and spacious with a great garden with pool and garden-house where I enjoy the freshly cooked breakfasts. The wifi is always available, which is very important for me.
The new owners Miri and Wolfgang are very friendly and keen to offer any assistance to your stay here.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business