other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Terrible
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Terrible - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

ceedeells
Sussex
“Had to go to Police and report accommodation. We left after 4 nights. Nightmare.”
Reviewed 3 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

I had been led to believe this was a villa - it was a small, dirty apartment with no privacy whatsoever and an unkempt overgrown garden with grass almost upto my knees, overlooked by a car park and shops.
The property is not situated where it is listed and the beach is a minimum 10 min drive away from the property which is in the middle of nowhere with one occasional bus that goes to the overcrowded and not so pretty small beach. A car is a definite requirement.
The back of the ground floor property is not fenced off and is open for anyone to walk Onto the property. The back is used by dog walkers who cross the dried up, overgrown and uncared for area Which is strewn with rubbish.
No sunbathing as only one old sun lounger.
No beach or pool towels. No mirror other than in the bathroom which is no good if you want to do make up or hair after a shower in a bathroom with no ventilation or Windows. She did however put up a small mirror in the bathroom after several requests. She also fixed the hand held shower head to a wall fitted one as the broken one was useless and flooded the bathroom.
During our unpleasant stay I became aware
That most of the excellent reviews came from people who stayed a few days... For a few days I could tolerate the property but I had booked for two weeks with my children and found the accommodation small, unsuitable for 3 people and very depressing. Our stay was listed on trip advisor through whom I booked, for about three days, the remainder of the money for the full two weeks was paid straight into her bank account. The car we hired from her was also paid for in cash. We never received any contract through the post or anything other than her emails.
It ruined our holiday. Within 24 hrs of arriving we were requesting a refund, which was refused. She stalled us by not answering emails ensuring we stayed on at the property knowing full well that any refund would be needed as a deposit for alternative accommodation. When we finally got a 20% refund, we moved out and through friends we were able to find a suitable place, which was quite stunning and cost less than this dreadful apartment.
Finally, it states 'swimming pool' on site and that is correct - but she fails to mention the costs. It's €10 per person, per visit for 12+ years and approx €5 per child. One is not permitted to take food or drink /water into the pool grounds, all food and drink must be purchased from the overpriced bar. For myself and two children we did not get any change from €50 per visit. That's mighty expensive in addition to the accommodation.
A lot of the small business on the site have closed down and empty shops are left standing. There remains a coffee shop, burger restaurant, hair/beauty shop and a small convenience store.
I have photographs of this property and the original police reports. The police insisted I take my complaints to court as they believe the correct authorities must be informed.
I am still in the process of trying to receive a full refund for which the police completely agree and have recognised our concerns regarding the property and it's false representations.

Photos of this property can be requested by emailing jlynch63@msn.com.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing