Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
teddy508
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam

Short but nice stay

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 01 Jun 2021
Just stayed at Axim beach resort. After reading previous reviews decided to just reserve 2 nights as recent reviews weren’t very positive.
Location and grounds are stunning. A beautiful sandy beach although the ocean is too rough to swim in. The resort’s swimming pool although not big, was clean and it is situated close to the beach. I loved the pool area and the fact that someone offered me a clean towel and cushion so that I could sit around the pool or on a longer by the beach. Public areas were clean and well cared for. I stayed in 2 different rooms. Both rooms were clean, beds comfortable and clean sheets and towels were provided. The budget room had a fan and the more expensive chalet had AC which worked perfectly. In the budget room the water pressure wasn’t very strong but was perfect in the more expensive chalet. Some of the rooms have beautiful views and you can see and hear the sea crashing on the rocks. Managed to get the TV working but programmes were very limited. The more expensive chalet had a mini fridge. WiFi was available only in the reception. Staff were friendly and helpful and Philip arranged a taxi for us to visit local sights. Enjoyed a decent massage at the spa. Breakfast is included in the room rates and I found it adequate. Fresh juice, cereal, instant coffee and a choice of eggs/ pancakes and bread. The most negative thing for me about this resort was the poor menu offered for lunch and dinner. No fresh fish, no deserts and the pizza was very spicy even though I requested no spice. Most dishes were chicken based and not very appealing for foreign tourists. If the resort could improve the menu and cuisine then it would be a great place to stay at. I would be happy to return in the future but I do hope that the food improves.
Date of stay: May 2021
Room Tip: Lots of rooms to suit different budgets and tastes. Budget rooms are quite a walk away.
4.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
    The View from the Hanging Restaurant
    53.6 km from Axim Beach Hotel
    35.8 km from Axim Beach Hotel
    View more hotels in Axim
    All reviews off season checking in hotel management western region accra environment breeze scenery refrigerator budgets sunshine paradise relaxation
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 28 December 2020

We booked Axim after reading the rave reviews on TripAdvisor and other platforms. While the views were breathtaking, our overall experience at Axim Beach Resort was less than poor and did not meet any COVID protocol.

They did not keep our booking in the same types of chalets that we had booked earlier, the rooms were dirty and ill-equipped without any hangers, cupboards, and a non-working fridge. The bathroom was smelling, and dirty and had the same roll of toilet paper used by previous guests (it should ideally be brand new especially to maintain COVID protocol). After a full night's stay, we had to complain to reception to have our rooms cleaned as they were smelling, and to give us extra soaps and towels.

Axim Beach Resort puts in a full-board deal which is inclusive of food. The food is not great by any means. The food is only in a buffet and there is no a-la-carte service for residents who do not want to eat the food at the buffet, or if the food at the buffet service is over. They do not make enough food because if any resident is late for their meal, the food will most likely be finished and will have to wait for it to be refilled or wait 2+ hours for any order. I'd also like to add that there is no menu. In addition to all that, there are no COVID protocols being met, the staff is not serving the food to prevent multiple points of contact, and the plates and cutlery are not well-washed (with food stains).

The staff are thoroughly untrained and do not meet the requirements of the guests who stay at Axim Beach Resort. For example, even after requesting hot water three times, we did not get it. The hotel in itself is working only a handful of staff for morning and evening shifts without a rotation which contributes to how overworked they are and their inability to be of great service and hospitality.

We could not wait to get out of Axim Beach Resort. This has by far been our worst stay in any beach resort after 3 years of staying in Ghana and exploring multiple beaches and hotels. Do not recommend to anyone - writing this review so that no-one is misled after our ill-fated stay.

Date of stay: December 2020
    Reviewed 15 January 2019

I tried my best to find Sogakope Beach Resort under Trip Advisor and was not able to. Therefore, I am submitting my review under the main resort of Axim. I have visited both but the newer one Sogakope is a sight to behold.
    Since, I was there over the new year holiday, I would recommend you not going there during 'peak time', major holidays or when the resort is fully booked.

1.) Two months ago, over the telephone, We were told that all rooms were for 2 persons or less. Therefore, we booked a 2nd room for our daughter when she could have easily stayed with us. The suite we did get was next door to a family of 5 with 3 children under 6 years old!!!!!!!!! Not good scheduling/booking skills at all since the roof is paper thin.

2.) We moved to a regular chalet that evening and I doubt we were given the 'difference' in the cost of the room back since this executive room was prepaid in early November. I will never fully pay for a room again until I have received service.

3.) I booked a birthday cake in November 2018 for delivery Dec 31st. The hotel doesn't have a pastry chef there so a woman named Linda was called only on DEC 30th by Gifty at the hotel to order my cake. The baker, Linda, said she could make a red velvet cake if I liked that. I said, yes. This was a surprise since my wedding cake was red velvet. I accepted and what came the following day was a frozen cake from her freezer that was hard to cut. The whipped cream icing was fresh but the cake was not. My niece's name was spelled wrong and the cake was not red velvet!

Last but not least, the music was lovely everyday. They played music from 8am to 10pm but surprisingly on December 31st the music ended at 10pm when it should have played all night since it was December 31st. I found this to be very odd.
    =====
    ====
    The best things about a trip to this resort will be the buffet breakfast. There are a lot of items from which to choose.

Fred, Prince and Chef Kofi are employees that stand out. They are very professional in their jobs and they have customers in mind all the time. Ms. Stephanie from the head of housekeeping was also on point when the new room we were moved to had a slow flushing toilet. Plumbers were called in because the septic tank was full...........

And lastly, the captain of the boat was extremely professional and we only spent 30 minutes with him. We felt safe in his hands on the water considering only 2 of us out of 4 can swim.
    ==========
    =========
    My suggestions for S.B.R. are:
    1.) A general manager should be on duty always. Answer all watsapp messages truthfully.
    2.) The front desk/reception area needs serious training on how to handle customers. This was the downfall of our vacation. There is no follow through. The customer service level is extremely low at the front desk. Our check in was 8pm and it took 20 minutes.

3.) The pool attendant was on his phone too much. We received a wet towel for swimming and since there were a lot of children swimming, the pool attendant should have been squarely on duty and not in the gym browsing on his phone.

Room tip: Do not accept a room next door to young families. All rooms are supposed to be 2 to a room.
    Date of stay: November 2018
    • Trip type: Travelled with family
    Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Great place to relax and enjoy nature’s beauty. Very serene environment and the beach extraordinarily clean. The beach was almost like a private beach. The sound of the waves hitting the rocks in the middle of the night makes it more relaxing.
    My only problem was the food but I want to believe that it has been sorted by now.

Date of stay: July 2017
    Trip type: Travelled on business
    2  Thank iris0367
    Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

I finally got to axim beach hotel as Amy final destination for my honeymoon. We were met with an arrival party and drinks. Good reception, beautiful environment. Fantastic room.
    The only reservations I have is the food at the restaurant. I don't know exactly what it is but the food ate throughout with the exception of the breakfast was not satisfactory. The decoder/channels for the tv wasn't entertaining. Aside that everything was great. Attached are pictures of the environment.

Date of stay: May 2018
    Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    2  Thank Kem K
    Reviewed 7 April 2018

the staff were great and the room was ok with a great view of the ocean.
    Contrary to the advertisement, the room had no amenities and no television. It literally wasn't there. Be prepared to live out of your luggage, there is no place for your clothes or toiletries. Reminds me of my time in the Army. Doable but so is five-man tent.Not acceptable for the amount spent on this place
    The Wifi is only available in the reception hut. There is none in the rest of the Resort as set out.
    The so-called solar heater for the showers simply doesn't work. The water never became better than cold/tepid with no pressure. Use the plastic buckets.
    Food services were well below the norm for African standards. Breakfast was barely warm and consistently the same, In my two years in Ghana this was simply the worst. Bring you own snacks
    The fridge worked
    We were called down to the dining facillity for supper at 630pm by the front desk. When we arrived at 645, we were told that the food was "all finished". A half hearted attempt was made to bring us some food at 830 but we were told what we could eat. Pass.
    On a second occasion, we ordered a late lunch of Jollof rice and french fries. The Jollof rice was "all finished" (in Ghana?). Finally lunch arrived two hours later...cold.

Find another place, it ain't worth the hassle.

Date of stay: April 2018