Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Sumaya Adams- Attah
Sekondi-Takoradi, Ghana

wanderlust paradise

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 01 Feb 2024
Axim is my favourite town in Ghana and Lou Moon Lodge was one of the reasons why. The ocean was crystal blue and clean. We stayed on the Island Cape with the pool. The rooms were clean and designed beautifully. It was soo serene and seamless. I did not want to leave. The staff provided excellent service. From the entrance till we left, we were well taken care of. The food is world class and made with a lot of attention to details and class. I have been to Lou Moon Lodge more than 10 times due to this. There are tours to tourist sites, hiking, kayaking, archery, boat rides, massages etc. It is a total package. Its really great overall experience and excellent for relaxation. Highly recommend
Date of stay: May 2020
      Room service
      49.6 km from Lou Moon Resort - Eco Luxury
      32.0 km from Lou Moon Resort - Eco Luxury
      View more hotels in Axim
      All reviews lou moon private pool lunch and dinner table tennis fish fell in love other places water pressure long trip takoradi swim sea paradise beaches cove archery nature
      Selected filters
      Reviewed 10 September 2023

My husband and I spent our 15th wedding anniversary weekend here and my oh my, what a beautiful and serene place Lou Moon is!

Nice staff, delicious food, clean rooms and a peaceful and breathtaking environment. I so much loved the Bissap drink that we were welcomed with. That was the most refreshing Sobolo I have ever had.

Will definitely visit again.

Date of stay: December 2022
      • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
      Reviewed 12 February 2023

Truly paradise. I’ve traveled the entire world I’ve been to six of the seven continents and Lou Moon is the best of the best. Great food, great staff, and great accommodations. You have to experience this place.

Date of stay: November 2022
      Reviewed 23 December 2022

We arrived via dirt track roads, without a 4x4 I don't know how others would reach the security gates to the resort on the bone shaking paths. As we entered we were greeted and was advised that as we weren't staying in the resort entry was £18.43 per person and this was access to any activities. I wondered what if you didn't want to part take in any activities as we had senior citizens in our group. I realised that it was the access fee even if you just wanted to look at the sea in this resort. Bit pricy in my view but everything was in this place. Wouldn't actually be on my list but I was part of a group and I just tagged along from other's reviews of the place.

You were given a free complimentary drink, for that entry price I'd expect a dance too but hey ho. I came for the swim so into the cove I went, beautiful and secluded and not too many people around in the resort, not sure if everyone was still asleep. The toilet's also acted as the changing rooms! With such a posh resort you'd think they'd invest in proper separate changing facilities probably placed near the water itself and not the long walk back to near the entrance? where are the planners when you need them?.

After the salty water I used the resorts swimming pool. They could of made it more user friendly as one of the seniors in the group had trouble finding the stairs onto the pool side and also into the pool. No life guards for the pool! bit worrying as it's such a recommended and revered resort?.

So then came lunch. We'd ordered well before time so everything should have been ready. You'd think so at those prices. Some ordered the 'fish of the day' sounds nice doesn't it? today it was Barracuda - grilled. A predator amongst fish but this time it lost to humans!. A portion of this predator with a side order of chips/yam chips/rice/French fries will set you back £18.90 per person. What is it with this place and a simple salad, the staff had problems with language, the understanding of it. I didn't want a full Caesar Salad, a full on war salad, i just wanted a simple tomato, lettuce, onions, probably throw a few olives in and "BOOM" that's simple. After asking twice I said forget about it, just give me BBQ chicken wings and French Fries, even that came to £15.20. I should of went for the 'fish of the day'.

The x6 BBQ chicken wings arrived and everyone else's dishes arrived but not my French Fries, I think they were actually ordering it from France because it never arrived!. I called the head of the restaurant over and remarked that it'll be nice to have the wings and French fries together? "2 minutes" came the reply. 2 minutes came and past. When a Ghanaian tells me anything related to time I know that it's going to be late or it'll never happen, it's 1 or the other. Anyway, a full portion of French fries never did turn up, however he did rustle up a small person, enough for a person that was on a super diet but put it on the house because of the issues. I asked what the issue was when I didn't get the fries and the waiter claimed "there was a challenge in the kitchen?" Not sure what that translated to? was it because of Brexit, the word "French" could and should not be used until Brexit is finally done?.

One of the senior citizens ordered a vegetable stir fry with plain rice £14.55! the vegetables must of been delivered by drone! come on, for vegetables in some kind of sauce and boiled rice?. And the drinks? I looked @ drinks menu and they were more reflective of London's prices! all but one of us stuck to water we had already. If there's one thing I won't pay over the odds for, it's alcohol. One of the group had a Margarita, £8.29 in one of those cocktail glasses, he ones that were wide at the start and became smaller at the stem, an ingenious design!.

Total bill for access and lunch for 6 of us? £215.75.. Was it an experience of a lifetime as recommended by some? not really, Now if they only managed to get the French fries right then I may have changed my opinion but over priced and over recommended. I asked how much was a room for the night £320! not sure if that included Breakfast, lunch and dinner but I'd hoped so unless you were in a room where there was a glass floor below you so that you could see the Barracuda hunting @ night?.

I've been to other places that weren't as posh but the food was better and the service was also better so I think I'll give this one a miss if I'm ever in the area, especially the 4x4 adventure route to the resort.

Room tip: Really out of the way, you wouldn't know it was here unless someone told you or if you really looked for it.
      Date of stay: December 2022
      • Trip type: Travelled with friends
      2  Thank David W
      Dickson Kyere, Sales at Lou Moon Resort - Eco Luxury, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2023

Dear F9469EZdavidw,

Thanks for taking your time to review us.

Apologies your experience was marred. We do require feedback like this to improve upon our excellent service
      delivery that we are renowned for.

The information has been communicated to management and measures have been put in place to avert its occurrence in the foreseeable future.

Best and kind regards,

Reviewed 10 November 2022 via mobile

This is an exceptional, truly special place. I’ve never stated anywhere like this. The place is pure paradise, so meticulously designed and beautiful. Gorgeous, clean beaches. Food was good. The staff are all exceptionally kind and helpful. Douglas, the manager, was a pleasure to talk to and had obvious pride in the establishment and his work there. Loved the relationship with the surrounding community. Stay in villa one of you can. You’ll never regret any time spent at Lou Moon.

Room tip: Just go if you have the chance
      Date of stay: November 2022
      Trip type: Travelled with friends
      1  Thank sgkaya
      Dickson Kyere, Sales at Lou Moon Resort - Eco Luxury, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2022

Dear sgkaya,

It is thrilling to see such a wonderful review like this about us to recommend us to other travellers. Thanks very much for taking your time to review about us.

We are pleased to know that you had an impeccable service, and you enjoyed every bit of your stay
      with us.

We look forward to hosting you again.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 20 September 2022

To start with, I was a bit worried driving in a Kia Sorento 4WD to the location as the road was the Jungle type.! We thought we were lost until atlast we arrived at the gates with security checks and confirmation before enty and upon entry into the car park? Wow? all our pains on the rough road drive was forgotten. Beautiful green scenery of trees 🌳 allover. You just feel the fresh breeze of nature calling you to come come closer.
      Welcome drinks was a child nice (Sobolo) LOL.
      The staff were friendly from day one till we left there. Food was on point and tast soo good.
      The rooms were clean with no funny smells. Sheets were clean. Stadning outside the balcony did feel like we were on the tropical Island 🏝 . If you haven't been to Jemaca or the Bahamas before, then this will give you a good tast of it with a more African twist to it LOL.
      Lots of activities (check my photos attached). I could only do the Hiking, archery, and yee won a friendly table tennis game between UK and Ghana. It was epic.!
      We were aware this was not a cheap place and to be fear the value for the service is about right.
      Is now my getaway location and yes I would recommend it. Just take enough cash and be happy LOL.

Date of stay: December 2021
      Trip type: Travelled with family
      1  Thank 153kwekub
      Dickson Kyere, Sales at Lou Moon Resort - Eco Luxury, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2022

Dear 153kwekub,

Thanks for taking your time to review Lou Moon Resort and to recommend us to other travellers.

We are pleased you enjoyed our top-notch service, food, and your stay with us.

Once again, thanks for choosing us. We can't wait to host you again.

Kind regards,