Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Reggie K

The best of the best - Ghana 🇬🇭 West Africa

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 11 Feb 2023
Truly paradise. I’ve traveled the entire world I’ve been to six of the seven continents and Lou Moon is the best of the best. Great food, great staff, and great accommodations. You have to experience this place.
Date of stay: November 2022
    R 571
      R 626
    29.1 km from Lou Moon Resort - Eco Luxury
    Restaurant
    View from the beach toward the hotel
    R 1 266
    R 760
      R 795
    33.6 km from Lou Moon Resort - Eco Luxury
    View more hotels in Axim
    All reviews lou moon private pool lunch and dinner table tennis fish fell in love other places water pressure long trip takoradi swim sea paradise beaches cove archery nature
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 23 December 2022

We arrived via dirt track roads, without a 4x4 I don't know how others would reach the security gates to the resort on the bone shaking paths. As we entered we were greeted and was advised that as we weren't staying in the resort entry was £18.43 per person and this was access to any activities. I wondered what if you didn't want to part take in any activities as we had senior citizens in our group. I realised that it was the access fee even if you just wanted to look at the sea in this resort. Bit pricy in my view but everything was in this place. Wouldn't actually be on my list but I was part of a group and I just tagged along from other's reviews of the place.

You were given a free complimentary drink, for that entry price I'd expect a dance too but hey ho. I came for the swim so into the cove I went, beautiful and secluded and not too many people around in the resort, not sure if everyone was still asleep. The toilet's also acted as the changing rooms! With such a posh resort you'd think they'd invest in proper separate changing facilities probably placed near the water itself and not the long walk back to near the entrance? where are the planners when you need them?.

After the salty water I used the resorts swimming pool. They could of made it more user friendly as one of the seniors in the group had trouble finding the stairs onto the pool side and also into the pool. No life guards for the pool! bit worrying as it's such a recommended and revered resort?.

So then came lunch. We'd ordered well before time so everything should have been ready. You'd think so at those prices. Some ordered the 'fish of the day' sounds nice doesn't it? today it was Barracuda - grilled. A predator amongst fish but this time it lost to humans!. A portion of this predator with a side order of chips/yam chips/rice/French fries will set you back £18.90 per person. What is it with this place and a simple salad, the staff had problems with language, the understanding of it. I didn't want a full Caesar Salad, a full on war salad, i just wanted a simple tomato, lettuce, onions, probably throw a few olives in and "BOOM" that's simple. After asking twice I said forget about it, just give me BBQ chicken wings and French Fries, even that came to £15.20. I should of went for the 'fish of the day'.

The x6 BBQ chicken wings arrived and everyone else's dishes arrived but not my French Fries, I think they were actually ordering it from France because it never arrived!. I called the head of the restaurant over and remarked that it'll be nice to have the wings and French fries together? "2 minutes" came the reply. 2 minutes came and past. When a Ghanaian tells me anything related to time I know that it's going to be late or it'll never happen, it's 1 or the other. Anyway, a full portion of French fries never did turn up, however he did rustle up a small person, enough for a person that was on a super diet but put it on the house because of the issues. I asked what the issue was when I didn't get the fries and the waiter claimed "there was a challenge in the kitchen?" Not sure what that translated to? was it because of Brexit, the word "French" could and should not be used until Brexit is finally done?.

One of the senior citizens ordered a vegetable stir fry with plain rice £14.55! the vegetables must of been delivered by drone! come on, for vegetables in some kind of sauce and boiled rice?. And the drinks? I looked @ drinks menu and they were more reflective of London's prices! all but one of us stuck to water we had already. If there's one thing I won't pay over the odds for, it's alcohol. One of the group had a Margarita, £8.29 in one of those cocktail glasses, he ones that were wide at the start and became smaller at the stem, an ingenious design!.

Total bill for access and lunch for 6 of us? £215.75.. Was it an experience of a lifetime as recommended by some? not really, Now if they only managed to get the French fries right then I may have changed my opinion but over priced and over recommended. I asked how much was a room for the night £320! not sure if that included Breakfast, lunch and dinner but I'd hoped so unless you were in a room where there was a glass floor below you so that you could see the Barracuda hunting @ night?.

I've been to other places that weren't as posh but the food was better and the service was also better so I think I'll give this one a miss if I'm ever in the area, especially the 4x4 adventure route to the resort.

Room tip: Really out of the way, you wouldn't know it was here unless someone told you or if you really looked for it.
    Date of stay: December 2022
    • Trip type: Travelled with friends
    2  Thank David W
    Dickson Kyere, Sales at Lou Moon Resort - Eco Luxury, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2023

Dear F9469EZdavidw,

Thanks for taking your time to review us.

Apologies your experience was marred. We do require feedback like this to improve upon our excellent service
    delivery that we are renowned for.

The information has been communicated to management and measures have been put in place to avert its occurrence in the foreseeable future.

Best and kind regards,

Reviewed 10 November 2022 via mobile

This is an exceptional, truly special place. I’ve never stated anywhere like this. The place is pure paradise, so meticulously designed and beautiful. Gorgeous, clean beaches. Food was good. The staff are all exceptionally kind and helpful. Douglas, the manager, was a pleasure to talk to and had obvious pride in the establishment and his work there. Loved the relationship with the surrounding community. Stay in villa one of you can. You’ll never regret any time spent at Lou Moon.

Room tip: Just go if you have the chance
    Date of stay: November 2022
    Trip type: Travelled with friends
    1  Thank sgkaya
    Dickson Kyere, Sales at Lou Moon Resort - Eco Luxury, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2022

Dear sgkaya,

It is thrilling to see such a wonderful review like this about us to recommend us to other travellers. Thanks very much for taking your time to review about us.

We are pleased to know that you had an impeccable service, and you enjoyed every bit of your stay
    with us.

We look forward to hosting you again.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 20 September 2022

To start with, I was a bit worried driving in a Kia Sorento 4WD to the location as the road was the Jungle type.! We thought we were lost until atlast we arrived at the gates with security checks and confirmation before enty and upon entry into the car park? Wow? all our pains on the rough road drive was forgotten. Beautiful green scenery of trees 🌳 allover. You just feel the fresh breeze of nature calling you to come come closer.
    Welcome drinks was a child nice (Sobolo) LOL.
    The staff were friendly from day one till we left there. Food was on point and tast soo good.
    The rooms were clean with no funny smells. Sheets were clean. Stadning outside the balcony did feel like we were on the tropical Island 🏝 . If you haven't been to Jemaca or the Bahamas before, then this will give you a good tast of it with a more African twist to it LOL.
    Lots of activities (check my photos attached). I could only do the Hiking, archery, and yee won a friendly table tennis game between UK and Ghana. It was epic.!
    We were aware this was not a cheap place and to be fear the value for the service is about right.
    Is now my getaway location and yes I would recommend it. Just take enough cash and be happy LOL.

Date of stay: December 2021
    1  Thank 153kwekub
    Dickson Kyere, Sales at Lou Moon Resort - Eco Luxury, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2022

Dear 153kwekub,

Thanks for taking your time to review Lou Moon Resort and to recommend us to other travellers.

We are pleased you enjoyed our top-notch service, food, and your stay with us.

Once again, thanks for choosing us. We can't wait to host you again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 September 2022

Lou Moon is the ultimate destination for a family vacation in Ghana. It wasn't on our list of destinations for our summer vacation until we decided to drive by for lunch. It was love at first sight, we fell in love with the coziness and the the eco feel you get. We booked for two nights stay right there and the rest is history. Amazing staff, mouth watering food, clean rooms, and the beach front was very relaxing, listening to the waves splash against the rocks. Thumbs up to the manager Douglas and his team, Ken, Oniel, Grace, Mr Prah. You guys should keep pushing Ghana tourism high.

Date of stay: August 2022
    Reviewed 26 July 2022

UPDATED: And the plot thickens…. Despite the management update that this issue has been resolved, there was no attempt by management to rectify their manipulative billing practices in which they charged me for four rooms instead of three. Moreover it has come to my attention that there MAY be a discrepancy in the name provided to me as the person responsible for the rates and discrepancy. I was told the agents name is Elsie. Upon information, the agent may have lied about her identity and may be known as Therese. Who knows?! What I can attest to and confirm is that this resort is full of manipulation, lies and DECEIT. The customer’s best interest is not their top consideration. Rather it’s making money through fraud and any other means necessary ***********************
    Just left Lou moon resort where I had a one night stay after leaving cape coast. The resort itself is beautiful, the food is lovely. The butlers Kennedy and Fred are very helpful. But do BEWARE the nickel and diming and unexpected charges applied to your bill upon check out. Specifically with the front desk staff - Grace and Elsie. Prior to my arrival I had been in communication with Grace about my booking, the number of rooms and the number of guests. I had also made a 50% deposit in advance. Upon arrival, Elsie informed me that I was booked for 4 rooms instead of 3 and urged me to make use of the 4. At checkout the bill was completely botched!! I was charged for spaghetti and pumpkin soup for guests that left the day before!!! Moreover the bill that had been previously supplied by Grace was now higher due to the addition of children that Grace had included. In other words, they tried charging twice for kids. I left the hotel paying $300 more dollars than I intended to!!! Also note, while food is included in half board, no drinks are included. You even have to pay for water. Douglas the manager tried to assist upon departure but was unable to do much. All in all, I will not be returning. There are other resorts popping up in ghana that adhere to honest billing practices. For example, Busia Paradiso has peaked my interest. Despite the wonderful ambiance, I do not want to deal with the poor communication of Lou moon again.

Date of stay: July 2022
    Trip type: Travelled with family
    Dickson Kyere, Sales at Lou Moon Resort - Eco Luxury, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2022

Dear Jax825,

Thanks for taking your time to share your concerns with us.

Kindly pardon us with the challenge you had with your billing. We have professional staff and they should have done a professional job working on your bill. We accept responsibility and willing to do everything possible within our means to avert its occurrence.

Thanks and Best regards,