Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Nana

BEST ECO LUXURY IN GHANA

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 03 Sept 2022
Lou Moon is the ultimate destination for a family vacation in Ghana. It wasn't on our list of destinations for our summer vacation until we decided to drive by for lunch. It was love at first sight, we fell in love with the coziness and the the eco feel you get. We booked for two nights stay right there and the rest is history. Amazing staff, mouth watering food, clean rooms, and the beach front was very relaxing, listening to the waves splash against the rocks. Thumbs up to the manager Douglas and his team, Ken, Oniel, Grace, Mr Prah. You guys should keep pushing Ghana tourism high.
Date of stay: August 2022
      R 496
        R 502
      29.1 km from Lou Moon Resort - Eco Luxury
      Restaurant
      View from the beach toward the hotel
        R 530
        R 503
        R 503
      33.2 km from Lou Moon Resort - Eco Luxury
      View more hotels in Axim
      All reviews lou moon private pool lunch and dinner table tennis fish fell in love other places water pressure long trip takoradi swim sea paradise beaches cove archery nature
      Selected filters
      Reviewed 26 July 2022

UPDATED: And the plot thickens…. Despite the management update that this issue has been resolved, there was no attempt by management to rectify their manipulative billing practices in which they charged me for four rooms instead of three. Moreover it has come to my attention that there MAY be a discrepancy in the name provided to me as the person responsible for the rates and discrepancy. I was told the agents name is Elsie. Upon information, the agent may have lied about her identity and may be known as Therese. Who knows?! What I can attest to and confirm is that this resort is full of manipulation, lies and DECEIT. The customer’s best interest is not their top consideration. Rather it’s making money through fraud and any other means necessary ***********************
      Just left Lou moon resort where I had a one night stay after leaving cape coast. The resort itself is beautiful, the food is lovely. The butlers Kennedy and Fred are very helpful. But do BEWARE the nickel and diming and unexpected charges applied to your bill upon check out. Specifically with the front desk staff - Grace and Elsie. Prior to my arrival I had been in communication with Grace about my booking, the number of rooms and the number of guests. I had also made a 50% deposit in advance. Upon arrival, Elsie informed me that I was booked for 4 rooms instead of 3 and urged me to make use of the 4. At checkout the bill was completely botched!! I was charged for spaghetti and pumpkin soup for guests that left the day before!!! Moreover the bill that had been previously supplied by Grace was now higher due to the addition of children that Grace had included. In other words, they tried charging twice for kids. I left the hotel paying $300 more dollars than I intended to!!! Also note, while food is included in half board, no drinks are included. You even have to pay for water. Douglas the manager tried to assist upon departure but was unable to do much. All in all, I will not be returning. There are other resorts popping up in ghana that adhere to honest billing practices. For example, Busia Paradiso has peaked my interest. Despite the wonderful ambiance, I do not want to deal with the poor communication of Lou moon again.

Date of stay: July 2022
      Trip type: Travelled with family
      Dickson Kyere, Sales at Lou Moon Resort - Eco Luxury, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2022

Dear Jax825,

Thanks for taking your time to share your concerns with us.

Kindly pardon us with the challenge you had with your billing. We have professional staff and they should have done a professional job working on your bill. We accept responsibility and willing to do everything possible within our means to avert its occurrence.

Thanks and Best regards,

Reviewed 14 July 2022

This is my first ever review of anything on the internet, online shopping included. I've never been prompted to review anything up until now ...

I was at LouMoon with a group of friends and it was a horrible experience. I mean there are some things beyond their control eg. the filth in the sea or the fact that one of us got stung by a jellyfish. However, they could do much better with customer service.

So on our first night, there was a snake in the dining area but not to worry, we were reassured that they don't bite LOL. That night we woke up to a huge centipede crawling in our room. No big deal except I had my nine-month baby crawling all over the place.

The horrors from this zoo pale in comparison to dealing with Mr. Douglas, the manager, an epitome of bad customer service. He took every opportunity to spring up new costs despite well-documented agreements and did not hesitate to underserve. Very sad and I feel terrible for the owner. If this guy continues to work there, I'm not sure there will be a LouMoon in a few years.

Tbh just dodge the bullet and go to Maaha. I haven't been yet but it definitely has to be a better experience. I pray things change for the better at Lou Moon but for now this is my candid review.

Date of stay: July 2022
      Dickson Kyere, Sales at Lou Moon Resort - Eco Luxury, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2022

Dear Jeffrey,

Thanks very much for taking your time to review about us.

Management would want to sincerely apologize your experience was marred.

Thanks and Best regards,

Reviewed 21 March 2022

If you are looking for a relaxing environment which will relieve you of the stress of work, then the best place to be is Lou Moon at Axim. Just spent 2nights there last weekend and it was amazing. Environment soo soothing with the greenery. The gentle sound from the sea waves will put you to sleep. And the food was just Fantastic. Every dish served with so much skill and passion from starters to dessert. Friendly staff made the stay enjoyable.

You can swim at the beach and go kayaking, bike riding, football etc.

And oh if you want a private pool to yourself they have one you can try with family and friends.

Room was soo clean and water pressure was better than I have experienced elsewhere.
      Just take a flight to Takoradi and they will pick you up.

Date of stay: March 2022
      Trip type: Travelled with friends
      Dickson Kyere, Sales at Lou Moon Resort - Eco Luxury, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2022

Dear Irene,

Thanks for taking your time to write such a wonderful review about us!

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our menu and service.

Your kind words have been communicated to the team and they are really motivated by it.

We look forward to hosting you in the future.

Thanks and Warm regards,

Reviewed 13 January 2022

We spent two nights at the Lou Moon Resort at it did certainly not live up to the photos on the web-site and our expectations. Please be vary of the rooms. Were given a “hill side room” with no further information and for $320 pr. night our expectations were to be given a decent room. Instead, we were given a “parking lot” room that smelled like mold with a broken bathroom door, one window and very little space. Right next to our room was ongoing construction which did not add to the experience.

We advised the manager to not have this as a room at all and he kindly promised us to give us some compensation and work on the price. On the last day, instead of giving us discount, he said that he did something to the room instead as compensation - meaning covering up some of the construction outside, which was very disappointing for us.

Overall the food was okay and the nature beautiful. It is not up to the standards of a luxury hotel and the pricing is way too high and not worth the long trip it takes to get there.

Date of stay: December 2021
      Dickson Kyere, Sales at Lou Moon Resort - Eco Luxury, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2022

Dear Dcamillas,

We appreciate your feedback! We sincerely appreciate taking the time to share your experience and comments with us and hence, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed our food and the nature surrounding us. I would like to apologize for any disappointments you had with regards to the room you were allocated to.

Your comments have been well noted and be rest assured that we will address the challenges in order to improve our guests experience.

Again thank you for your constructive feedback and for choosing Lou Moon Resort.

Kind Regards,
      Dickson Kyere
      Sales and Marketing Manager
      059 380 5448

Reviewed 8 July 2021 via mobile

Nice environment, excellent food (4 courses for dinner!), comfortable room.
      Buttler is added value on the island.

Some points to improve:
      1. Your policy states it is a quiet resort. Then please be consequent when an (adult!) guest plays loud music from his phone at breakfast.
      2. The food-at-island service is great, but could get an eco-upgrade (replace aluminium foil and plastic with reusable covers (eg beewax paper?)
      3. Towels have had their best (read soft) time.
      4. Some tactically positioned rocks could improve access to the island
      5. Leaving few more minutes between the courses will not make people impatient :-)
      6. Website with terms & conditions could get an update. E.g. to make it more clear that full board is only available on festive days.

We understood that the owners schedule to add 11 tentrooms (like Zaina) to the lodge, of which 4 would have a private pool.

Room tip: The island rooms are worth the extra.
      Date of stay: July 2021
      Trip type: Travelled as a couple
      3  Thank 30anneliesd

Dear 30anneliesd,

Thanks for taking your time to review Lou Moon Resort to recommend us to other travellers. The points raised are well noted and we hope to take the necessary steps to improve upon them.

I sincerely hope that you will afford us the opportunity to welcome you back and hence enabling us to restore your confidence towards Lou Moon Resort.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Warm Regards,