Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Camilla

Did not live up to expectations

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 13 Jan 2022
We spent two nights at the Lou Moon Resort at it did certainly not live up to the photos on the web-site and our expectations. Please be vary of the rooms. Were given a “hill side room” with no further information and for $320 pr. night our expectations were to be given a decent room. Instead, we were given a “parking lot” room that smelled like mold with a broken bathroom door, one window and very little space. Right next to our room was ongoing construction which did not add to the experience.

We advised the manager to not have this as a room at all and he kindly promised us to give us some compensation and work on the price. On the last day, instead of giving us discount, he said that he did something to the room instead as compensation - meaning covering up some of the construction outside, which was very disappointing for us.

Overall the food was okay and the nature beautiful. It is not up to the standards of a luxury hotel and the pricing is way too high and not worth the long trip it takes to get there.
Date of stay: December 2021
1.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
3.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
3.0 of 5 bubblesService
Dickson Kyere, Sales at Lou Moon Resort - Eco Luxury, responded to this review
Responded 18 Jan 2022
Dear Dcamillas,

We appreciate your feedback! We sincerely appreciate taking the time to share your experience and comments with us and hence, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed our food and the nature surrounding us. I would like to apologize for any disappointments you had with regards to the room you were allocated to.

Your comments have been well noted and be rest assured that we will address the challenges in order to improve our guests experience.

Again thank you for your constructive feedback and for choosing Lou Moon Resort.

Kind Regards,
      29.1 km from Lou Moon Resort - Eco Luxury
      Free Wifi
        0.0 km from Lou Moon Resort - Eco Luxury
        View more hotels in Axim
        All reviews lou moon private pool lunch and dinner table tennis fish fell in love other places water pressure long trip takoradi swim sea paradise beaches cove archery nature
        Selected filters
        Reviewed 8 July 2021 via mobile

Nice environment, excellent food (4 courses for dinner!), comfortable room.
        Buttler is added value on the island.

Some points to improve:
        1. Your policy states it is a quiet resort. Then please be consequent when an (adult!) guest plays loud music from his phone at breakfast.
        2. The food-at-island service is great, but could get an eco-upgrade (replace aluminium foil and plastic with reusable covers (eg beewax paper?)
        3. Towels have had their best (read soft) time.
        4. Some tactically positioned rocks could improve access to the island
        5. Leaving few more minutes between the courses will not make people impatient :-)
        6. Website with terms & conditions could get an update. E.g. to make it more clear that full board is only available on festive days.

We understood that the owners schedule to add 11 tentrooms (like Zaina) to the lodge, of which 4 would have a private pool.

Room tip: The island rooms are worth the extra.
        Date of stay: July 2021
        Trip type: Travelled as a couple
        3  Thank 30anneliesd
        Dickson Kyere, Sales at Lou Moon Resort - Eco Luxury, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2022

Dear 30anneliesd,

Thanks for taking your time to review Lou Moon Resort to recommend us to other travellers. The points raised are well noted and we hope to take the necessary steps to improve upon them.

I sincerely hope that you will afford us the opportunity to welcome you back and hence enabling us to restore your confidence towards Lou Moon Resort.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Warm Regards,
        Dickson Kyere
        Sales and Marketing Manager
        +23359 380 5448

Reviewed 24 June 2021

I contacted reception over the phone to check availability the day before arrival and was advised to proceed with the booking procedure by text or what’s app.

Over what’s app was sent a catalogue of rooms and, with only the bay view suite available, that is my selection: GHS 1710 for two bedrooms with balcony access.

I arrive to find a room with one bedroom. Having just paid for two. The doors to the balcony are both broken, and open.

With slow and limited assistance (or communication) maintenance is eventually called and this issue is fixed after 30 - 45 mins. However, there is no instruction regarding how to operate said doors, which seem glued shut now. Ok, no balcony access then.

The room also has no wifi. This is odd for a luxury experience. The first time in fact I have ever come across it. With slow and limited assistance (or communication) the reception staff eventually bring a router to resolve the problem. Unfortunately reception staff do not know the password for the router. Ok, no wifi then.

A gentleman arrives at my door to ask for my dinner order (why this wasn’t done at check in, to enable guests to rest in peace, is beyond me). I ask what the prices are, he says this is covered by the cost of the room. This is new information to me, that would have been useful to know when booking (it is also a lie).

So abandoning any plans I had to work, or rest, I head to dinner.

The food is amazing. I have a couple of drinks and am at no stage informed that this is a surplus cost. So imagine my surprise when I am asked the next day to pay for said drinks. Utterly confusing, unclear, and well below expectations.

Morning. I slept well, the room itself is lovely. I spotted (both in reception, and on the card in my room) that breakfast is served till 1030am. Great, I’ll have enough time to have a little explore before having some food and checking out.

This, again, is a lie. Fortunately I head down to have a quick coffee and am surprised to learn that the kitchen actually closes earlier than advertised and I must have breakfast immediately if I want any. Guess those plans are out of the window.

Breakfast is fantastic. Fine, I’ll just have a quick look around after. I heard the island chalet is gorgeous, maybe they’ll fix the service in future and I’ll bring colleagues for a better experience. Hang on, turns out that is not allowed either. I suppose it’s all well and good - I will not be back.

At no stage during my stay was an apology offered for any of the above. As any kind of service this is a cardinal sin. "Luxury" ?

After checking out, on the road away fighting every impulse I have to leave an honest review publicly - the hotel contact me.

Turns out the bill for the room (advertised at 1710 cedis for 2 bedrooms with balcony access) is actually 1761 cedis for 1 bedroom, no balcony, no wifi, 2* “luxury” service. So I should please leave the balance with the driver!

For context that is just over $300.

Overpriced in my opinion: a great location and well designed hotel with excellent food let down completely by the service (especially poor communication).

Room tip: Ask about WIFI
        Date of stay: June 2021
        9  Thank PapaJams
        Reviewed 1 June 2021 via mobile

The hotel is approx 6 hours from the capital, Accra. There are flights from Accra to Takoradi. We drove from Takoradi to Lou moon and this took about 1.5hrs. The general ambience in the hotel is great. It is supposed to be an eco resort and so we expected more than we saw. The private island is nice but only has rooms with no natural attractions. The rooms are comfortable. Food was okay. We took a boat ride and this was pretty the highlight of our trip. All in all it’s a nice place just a little overpriced.

Date of stay: May 2021
        Trip type: Travelled with family
        1  Thank georgeo375
        Reviewed 14 October 2020

We splashed out to stay at one of the peninsular villas. Definitely worth it with fantastic service from all but especially out dedicated 'butler'. Food on the terrace with seas views every day. Fantastic.

Date of stay: October 2020
        Reviewed 28 September 2020 via mobile

Make time to go enjoy a beachside adventure or simply relax. Beach volleyball, soccer, ping pong, paddle boards, boating and more. Splurge on a massage with Gloria. Best service I have had in Africa. Better than Accra and far more beautiful. Food is excellent. The general manager Albert is focused on making customers happy. They even grilled a steak upon our request. The lamb with chutney was also delicious. Can’t wait to return!

Date of stay: September 2020