Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Papa

Stunning location, Poor "Luxury" Service

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 24 Jun 2021
I contacted reception over the phone to check availability the day before arrival and was advised to proceed with the booking procedure by text or what’s app.

Over what’s app was sent a catalogue of rooms and, with only the bay view suite available, that is my selection: GHS 1710 for two bedrooms with balcony access.

I arrive to find a room with one bedroom. Having just paid for two. The doors to the balcony are both broken, and open.

With slow and limited assistance (or communication) maintenance is eventually called and this issue is fixed after 30 - 45 mins. However, there is no instruction regarding how to operate said doors, which seem glued shut now. Ok, no balcony access then.

The room also has no wifi. This is odd for a luxury experience. The first time in fact I have ever come across it. With slow and limited assistance (or communication) the reception staff eventually bring a router to resolve the problem. Unfortunately reception staff do not know the password for the router. Ok, no wifi then.

A gentleman arrives at my door to ask for my dinner order (why this wasn’t done at check in, to enable guests to rest in peace, is beyond me). I ask what the prices are, he says this is covered by the cost of the room. This is new information to me, that would have been useful to know when booking (it is also a lie).

So abandoning any plans I had to work, or rest, I head to dinner.

The food is amazing. I have a couple of drinks and am at no stage informed that this is a surplus cost. So imagine my surprise when I am asked the next day to pay for said drinks. Utterly confusing, unclear, and well below expectations.

Morning. I slept well, the room itself is lovely. I spotted (both in reception, and on the card in my room) that breakfast is served till 1030am. Great, I’ll have enough time to have a little explore before having some food and checking out.

This, again, is a lie. Fortunately I head down to have a quick coffee and am surprised to learn that the kitchen actually closes earlier than advertised and I must have breakfast immediately if I want any. Guess those plans are out of the window.

Breakfast is fantastic. Fine, I’ll just have a quick look around after. I heard the island chalet is gorgeous, maybe they’ll fix the service in future and I’ll bring colleagues for a better experience. Hang on, turns out that is not allowed either. I suppose it’s all well and good - I will not be back.

At no stage during my stay was an apology offered for any of the above. As any kind of service this is a cardinal sin. "Luxury" ?

After checking out, on the road away fighting every impulse I have to leave an honest review publicly - the hotel contact me.

Turns out the bill for the room (advertised at 1710 cedis for 2 bedrooms with balcony access) is actually 1761 cedis for 1 bedroom, no balcony, no wifi, 2* “luxury” service. So I should please leave the balance with the driver!

For context that is just over $300.

Overpriced in my opinion: a great location and well designed hotel with excellent food let down completely by the service (especially poor communication).
Date of stay: June 2021
Room Tip: Ask about WIFI
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
        0.0 km from Lou Moon Resort - Eco Luxury
        50.2 km from Lou Moon Resort - Eco Luxury
        32.0 km from Lou Moon Resort - Eco Luxury
        View more hotels in Axim
        All reviews lou moon private pool lunch and dinner table tennis fish fell in love other places water pressure long trip takoradi swim sea paradise beaches cove archery nature
        Selected filters
        Reviewed 1 June 2021 via mobile

The hotel is approx 6 hours from the capital, Accra. There are flights from Accra to Takoradi. We drove from Takoradi to Lou moon and this took about 1.5hrs. The general ambience in the hotel is great. It is supposed to be an eco resort and so we expected more than we saw. The private island is nice but only has rooms with no natural attractions. The rooms are comfortable. Food was okay. We took a boat ride and this was pretty the highlight of our trip. All in all it’s a nice place just a little overpriced.

Date of stay: May 2021
        Trip type: Travelled with family
        1  Thank georgeo375
        Reviewed 14 October 2020

We splashed out to stay at one of the peninsular villas. Definitely worth it with fantastic service from all but especially out dedicated 'butler'. Food on the terrace with seas views every day. Fantastic.

Date of stay: October 2020
        Reviewed 28 September 2020 via mobile

Make time to go enjoy a beachside adventure or simply relax. Beach volleyball, soccer, ping pong, paddle boards, boating and more. Splurge on a massage with Gloria. Best service I have had in Africa. Better than Accra and far more beautiful. Food is excellent. The general manager Albert is focused on making customers happy. They even grilled a steak upon our request. The lamb with chutney was also delicious. Can’t wait to return!

Date of stay: September 2020
        Trip type: Travelled as a couple
        2  Thank jacobanyc
        Reviewed 12 February 2020

This is a unique property in Ghana. It is very far from any major sightseeing area but, the detour, is worth the effort.
        The location is superb and every aspect of the property is ravishing.
        The staff is lovely and the meals were delicious.
        This is a fine spot to relax for a day or two and also visit the interesting stilt village of Nzulezo.

Room tip: Choose one of the best villas with a private pool
        Date of stay: January 2020
        5  Thank Joan K
        Reviewed 4 January 2020 via mobile

Between two fishing villages near the border of Ghana with Cote'd Ivoire is the idealic setting for one of Ghana's picturesque holiday lodges, Lou Moon Lodge. Now, under new administration, and with exciting plans for the future this small hideaway is worthy of a whisper to those with discerning tastes, an eye for the unusual, wishing to get away from it all.

Tasteful accommodations go well with an ever changing menu of local produce, fresh fish and seafood, with just a hint of West African influence.

The keyword is RELAX. Service is impeccable and the staff is at hand but not intrusive.

Elegant, laid back, and just beautiful. Each morning felt as though our ship had just sailed into a new port somewhere intoxicating.

My Dearest enjoyed the massage sessions on the beach, or under the coconut tree near our bungalow. An honestly relaxing time away. We are grateful.

Date of stay: January 2020