Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Joan K
Wyncote, Pennsylvania

Stunning property

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 12 Feb 2020
This is a unique property in Ghana. It is very far from any major sightseeing area but, the detour, is worth the effort.
The location is superb and every aspect of the property is ravishing.
The staff is lovely and the meals were delicious.
This is a fine spot to relax for a day or two and also visit the interesting stilt village of Nzulezo.
Date of stay: January 2020
Room Tip: Choose one of the best villas with a private pool
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
      Restaurant
      Room service
      32.0 km from Lou Moon Resort - Eco Luxury
      View more hotels in Axim
      All reviews lou moon private pool lunch and dinner table tennis fish fell in love other places water pressure long trip takoradi swim sea paradise beaches cove archery nature
      Selected filters
      Reviewed 4 January 2020 via mobile

Between two fishing villages near the border of Ghana with Cote'd Ivoire is the idealic setting for one of Ghana's picturesque holiday lodges, Lou Moon Lodge. Now, under new administration, and with exciting plans for the future this small hideaway is worthy of a whisper to those with discerning tastes, an eye for the unusual, wishing to get away from it all.

Tasteful accommodations go well with an ever changing menu of local produce, fresh fish and seafood, with just a hint of West African influence.

The keyword is RELAX. Service is impeccable and the staff is at hand but not intrusive.

Elegant, laid back, and just beautiful. Each morning felt as though our ship had just sailed into a new port somewhere intoxicating.

My Dearest enjoyed the massage sessions on the beach, or under the coconut tree near our bungalow. An honestly relaxing time away. We are grateful.

Date of stay: January 2020
      Trip type: Travelled with family
      1  Thank Wawa K
      Reviewed 19 October 2019

Where do u begin. I booked this trip months ago and was so looking forward to it,I had a change in my circumstances and the staff were so accommodating an cheap me Re-schedule

The pictures you see on social media does not do this resort justice,it’s insanly beautiful in real life,I could not believe believe this was in Ghana

The food omg was perfect,we paid extra to have dinner by the beach ..less than £10 and it was the best thing we did my husband and I were in our own world

We had our private butler who was very attentive to us and made sure we had the best night

In regards to the rooms we went for room 4 and the views were 10/10 waking up to the ocean was a dream come true ..if I’m to tell u all the good things about this resort I will right a book..book this place and u will never ever regret it ..we had the best anniversary here and I will certainly go back anytime am in Ghana🇬🇭🇬🇭🇬🇭🇬🇭💙

Date of stay: October 2019
      Trip type: Travelled as a couple
      3  Thank Bennell B
      Reviewed 11 July 2019 via mobile

We stayed in Room 1 on the island. I can say with certainty that It was the best view from a hotel room that I have ever seen. We slept with all doors open and the ocean sounds every night and woke up to see paradise. The food was incredible. The design of the rooms was so well thought through and clever, from the bath overlooking the ocean with doors wide open, to the private pool location within 4 meters of the left had side of the bed. Panoramic views from each side. No mosquitoes, just the ocean and you. If you want pure romance. This is the place.

We drove down in a 4x4 from Accra in one day, stopping at Elimena en route. We had a rubbish map but made it in 6 hours (pleasant journey and fascinating through the villages). The track to the hotel is definitely a 4x4 challenge and great fun once you have done it twice! We visited lots of places from the hotel and it feels like we have had complete luxury and lots of little adventures. The staff were hilarious, kind and thoughtful. Perfect holiday and I feel very sad to leave after 5 days.

This would be a perfect place to hire out for a wedding or party... we are coming back!

Date of stay: July 2019
      Trip type: Travelled as a couple
      1  Thank Scenic464574
      Reviewed 25 June 2019

My partner and I just returned from Lou Moon lodge where we spent the first half of our honeymoon. I'm not sure what we expected before we arrived but I can honestly say that every expectation we had was exceeded. The staff really cannot do enough to help you and are extremely friendly. To get her we flew 40 minutes from Accra to Takoradi (which is pretty cheap by European standards) and then the airport provided a taxi collection which was 150 Cedi's each way and about 1.5 hrs.

We stayed on the island which we would thoroughly recommend. I know it is difficult to pay for this accommodation if you are not from Ghana as it is by bank transfer which incurs quite a lot of fees but what we didn't know was that the price included breakfast and dinner. The food was one of many highlights of this trip. The chef is second to none and each lunch and dinner brought a new and incredible menu.

There are lots of complimentary activities including table tennis, volleyball (which it turns out is not one of our strong points!!!), archery, paddle boarding and kayaking. The beach is beautiful and the walk across to the island where our room was was equally beautiful.

A lot of seaweed gets washed up on the beach each day and the staff do a fantastic job of cleaning it up. The deck chairs on the beach were set up for us each day with a mattress and clean towels.

The room... where do I start? We honestly have never stayed anywhere like this. Waking up surrounded by the ocean and just lying in bed listening to the waves was just magical.

There was no wifi in the rooms on the island but that was perfect. No tv in their either so you really can just relax and enjoy the surroundings. For those of you that need wifi, there is wifi in the bar area.

We really cannot recommend this place enough.

In terms of things to be improved, we really cannot think of anything at all! We would stay here again if we were ever to return to Ghana.

Date of stay: June 2019
      • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
      2  Thank AbiB1234
      Reviewed 28 April 2019 via mobile

We spent the day to celebrate a birthday and we enjoyed every moment of it! The staff was friendly and helpful, the place is absolutely gorgeous and peaceful located in a little bay for those who do like a quiet swim. My cocktail was lovely, the food was delicious, with excellent sorbet and a nice wine list. Lots of activities to do such as kayaking, paddling, volleyball, pétanque. Will go back to stay in one of the amazing private chalets located on a semi-island with an exclusive sea view. Thanks to the whole staff for a birthday to remember!!

Date of stay: April 2019