9 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
eDreamsUS$59
1 532
1 583
1 532
1 583
All reviews snack bar duplex room aquum spa salad evening entertainment plenty of choice washing machine kids disco out of season plenty of sunbeds cleaned daily fresh towels entertainment team pools euros holiday barcelona
Selected filters
1 366 - 1 371 of 4 369 reviews
Reviewed 11 June 2015

The hotel is very nice, clean spacious rooms which are cleaned every day and fresh towels daily, only one change of bedding in the 2 weeks we stayed though. The food is plentiful and well cooked but no hand sanitizers at any of the food stations which considering the amount of children handling the food, taking bites from it and then putting it back on the buffet is not good. This is the first all inclusive hotel that I've stayed in that does not provide this service. Not surprising after only a few days of being here I fell quite ill with cold and chest infection, as were many others. The hotel has excellent sports facilities and spa, probably the best around but the pool in building one is very small with limited sun loungers. During the 2 weeks we stayed here we had to go to the beach to lie in the sun and pay 5 euros each for a sun bed, parasols extra, and suffer the annoyance of all the beach hawkers who are relentless and won't take a polite "no thank you" for an answer. The public transport is very cheap and reliable to travel around but taxis are very expensive. The reception staff are very helpful and polite as are most of the bar staff, but I'm sorry to say that the restaurant staff are very sour faced and not at all helpful, except for one young man called David, who was always very pleasant. This is not a hotel for couples looking for a relaxing break but great for those with children that just want to run wild. I must apologise, but I'm not against children, I have a grown up family myself but I never allowed my family to run amok when they were young, but now I just want peace and quiet which is not possible here. I will not be returning here.

Room tip: 3rd floor facing the golf course
2  Thank JanieSunderland
Reviewed 11 June 2015

The hotel is situated in La Pineda, which is a beautiful well maintained resort, only negative is the beach sunbeds are 5 euros each, parasols extra, very expensive I think. The hotel is lovely, very clean, the rooms facing the golf course are very quiet and spacious, the room was cleaned every day with clean towels but only one change of bedding in 2 weeks we stayed here. The hotel has fantastic sports facilities and spa, probably the best in the area. The hotel has some apartments in the grounds, which had we known about we'd have booked these as they have their own pools and plenty of sunbeds, with nobody using them. The pool in building one is very small with limited sunbeds which are taken very early, mainly by Russians. The food in the restaurant is plentiful and well cooked, something for all tastes, HOWEVER, if you like your meals in a relaxed atmosphere, this is not for you. There is no escape from the relentless screaming children from toddlers to teenagers, who run around like idiots. There are no hand sanitizers at any of the food stations and on several occasions I have witnessed children handling food, taking bites from it and then putting it back on the buffet. Breakfast is the only leisurely meal if you're there for about 8.00am otherwise it's like the charge of the light brigade. The reception staff were very helpful, as were the bar staff but the restaurant staff were the most unpleasant and surly people I've come across, with the exception of one young man called David who was always polite and smiled, no doubt this is due to the clientele that they have serve. The only negative about the resort is the amount of beach hawkers, massage, sunglasses, beach dresses, hair braids, tattoos and more, they are relentless!!! Shall not be returning here, sorry!!!

Room tip: Golf course view rooms are quieter on 3rd floor
1  Thank bernie w
Reviewed 11 June 2015 via mobile

Love this hotel, our 2nd visit and it's great, we've stayed in the apartments both times and they are comfortable, spacious and feel very safe with a pool in each apartment complex, the food in the hotel is great too, buffet style and a huge choice so everyone is catered for, close to Salou [less than 10 mins in a taxi] it's an ideal base for a great family holiday.

3  Thank vera m
Reviewed 10 June 2015

We stopped in a 2 bed self catering villa. The exchange was via RCI. I have been a timeshare owner for 25 years and this by RCI is the worst one I have ever stayed in. The master bed was so small we had to use the twin bedded room, They did not provide a kettle, you have to rent on. The accommodation is very basic and certainly do not in anyway match the Silver Status awarded. Wifi is charged and keeps dropping out. It sys it is in Salou but in fact it's in La Pineda

4  Thank Graham L
Reviewed 10 June 2015

Have visited this hotel several times, the latest trip being last month May 26th to June 2nd & it never fails to satisfy. La Pineda is a perfect resort, small, family friendly with a near perfect beach yet only a short ride away from Salou, Reus & Tarragona, even Barcalona is only an hour or so away. Estival Park is a fantastic complex without fault in our eyes. Stayed in Estival2 as is normal for UK visitors unless you are on the aquasplash option with daily access to the local water-park included, this will place you in our favourite Estival1. Guests can use the pools of each hotel, the bar, the restaurant & the entertainment...all within the confines of the beautiful maintained grounds. Spa, sports facilities, childrens club & the usual type entertainment programme ensure that you are not without things to do. The food here is fantastic & over the years I have read many reviews that agree, personally I challenge anyone to have a meal here & not find something that they enjoy. The short flight time, the maximum 30min transfer adds to the appeal of a stay here, then there is the USA style theme & water parks close by in Salou....fun for all ages. The local bus company PLANNA have a serious business model & there is no excuse for being resort bound unless that is your goal. We travel to the US most years as America is our passion, but we love a stay here too and have already booked for next May/June. The Estival Park is a credit to Spain & their tourist industry.

Date of stay: May 2015