All reviews room was clean one night bread the river juice balcony ac rio town
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for just one night. The room was airconditioned and clean but simple. Bathroom was fine too. We had a balcony with a hammock. Breakfast was fine with fresh fruits, juices, bread, cakes and eggs. Lunch options are good. At night they only serve lanches, like burgers and mistos. We were satisfied with our stay.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2018

We chosed to stay over the weekend and we had a great time.
In My opinion they should be more worried about the rooms because the smell of humidity was quite high then I expected.
So far, the attendance were friendly and were a great stay... for sure I may come back.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2017

We loved our visit to the Lencois Maranhenses, and Pousada do Rio was okay. It was close enough to walk to town, but I definitely expected more from the reviews and the price. We very much enjoyed the pool and the breakfast, and the smiling bartender who brought us caipirinhas to the pool! However we thought most of the staff were crazy unfriendly and inhospitable. The pained look on their faces when we asked for pool towels or any questions! One night my sister asked if she could get coffee before the 7 am breakfast start (as we had a 6:00 am departure of an aerial flight) and the woman at the hotel reception actually said yes, just ask the person at the front desk in the morning and be sure to give them 15 minutes or so to prepare it. We were shocked! They had been so unfriendly up to that point. The next morning my sister went and asked for coffee and the worker told her no way - not until 7 am. So she settled for a coke zero and sat in the lobby waiting for our taxi, and proceeded to get 50 bug bites on her legs in the lobby area. Our air conditioning leaked on us one night, so they pulled our bed away from the wall and changed our sheets, and then fixed it the next day. Moral of the story if you go: wear bug spray, know that you can't get coffee before 7 am, and that the workers here, with the exception of the bartender, are the most inhospitable, straight-faced people in the global tourism industry! But the shower was hot, the AC was cold, the bed/towels/linens were fine, the room was clean and quiet (until 5 am when the locals would start setting off fireworks), and the breakfast was delicious! It was great that they let us check out before our excursion on the last day, kept our bags, and then let us shower at the pool before we had to travel. We are super grateful for that - we were so sweaty and sandy from our excursion. Another wonderful thing about this place was that I left my wallet in the lobby and they kept it safe for me until I returned that night - and everything was still inside my wallet when I got back. I definitely appreciated the staff's trustworthiness.

Room Tip: second floor to have more of a breeze
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

There're small apartments with a good balcony and contact to nature.
Good breakfast, hammocks to relax and by the riverside. The soundproofing of the room may not be so good, therefore it's kinda noisy sometimes.
I'd recommend this place.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 November 2016

This was a convenient place to stay for one night after our visit to the Lençóis Maranhenses. It is not a luxury accommodation, but it is comfortable and pleasant. The Pousada is right on the river so there is a pretty view. The air conditioner worked well in our room.

We had a delicious lunch at the hotel. One entree for two people is certainly plenty. And the breakfast was very good too.

This is not the kind of place to settle in for a long visit, but for a one-night stay, it is certainly satisfactory.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple