“Mixed feelings”

Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Muro Leccese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I left this restaurant feeling a bit upset. Not because the food was bad or overpriced, or the service poor.
Quite literally I had ordered terribly. As soon as you arrive the waiter will show you the fresh fish they have. I had the scorpionfish with pasta and then a kind of grilled sea bream. There was nothing wrong with the pasta but it wasn't a "primo". As soon as it arrived I could see that it was the portion of a main course. Why wasn't I told when ordering? I speak Italian and ordered in Italian. The grilled fish main course was very mediocre.
On the other hand my wife had one of her best meals of the holiday, gnocchi with prawns and mussels which she said just melted and then she had a white fish done in sugo.
I would return here. Staff are friendly. However be warned that when taking your order, the waiter is very unhelpful. Almost in a rush to get your order and then move on. Most establishments would go through each fish one by one but this was more just a show and we had to ask how each fish was served.

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

There wasn’t a huge choice of restaurants in town but we assumed there wouldn’t be a problem getting a table on a wet Wednesday evening but they only just managed to fit us in! It’s very popular with the locals.
Good very fresh fish. I was a bit disappointed with the green salad which was only iceberg lettuce but hubby enjoyed his starter and main a lot. My tuna was very rare which was ok as I eat sashimi but not if you don’t enjoy raw fish. Pleasant service and good overall

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Recommendation by zur Italian family. We had muscles, Sepia, tuna and the daily fresh Fish and side orders. Nearly Everything was Great. But they served Everything at once and the daily fresh Fish was not fileted very well. So only 4 Points at all. I recommend the grilled tuna and Sepia. Beside very Good Location with kids.

Reviewed 4 May 2016 via mobile

We were still full from lunch so we only had an appetizer of octopus and cuttlefish salad, a pasta with clams and mussels and some grilled prawns to share. The portions were good for us. I really enjoyed the tomato and the seafood taste in the pasta sauce. I couldn't stop dipping the bread in it after the pasta was finished. The grilled prawns from the area were amazingly full of sea taste. That dish inspired me to order the same dish if possible from another seafood restaurant that we will go to tomorrow. I'm not leaving Puglia without having more such prawns!

Reviewed 6 June 2015 via mobile

We went here on the recommendation of our hotel in San Cassiano. When we first arrived at 830 we were the only people there and were worried, we needn't have been! By 930 it was heaving with locals. We got presented with an amazing selection of fresh fish and elected for spaghetti with clams and mussels to start (delish!) followed by the catch of the day (I have no idea what it was!) with salad and in a tomato based sauce, and it was lovely. We had a bottle of local rose to go with. We noticed the locals who know what they are doing don't even have a menu, they just ask what it fresh and go from there deciding how to have it. I'd recommend doing that if your pigeon italian is up to the challenge! Only odd thing is that a lot of people were smoking, and didn't think it the slightest bit rude while people were eating. Maybe that's just Puglian style for you. Defo recommend!