Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
CharmsJvR
Boksburg, South Africa

Average

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 01 Feb 2024
Unfortunately, my overall experience at Salt Rock Hotel was a bit underwhelming.
The service provided by the waiters left much to be desired, as they appeared irritated and slow.

The meals were average and mediocre.
We had breakfast, lunch and dinner on different occasions in January 2024, meeting with friends.
The only breakfast item worth mentioning was the haddock, which I genuinely enjoyed.
We had the curry for lunch and found it average compared to other restaurants in the vicinity.
Dinner we pizza and pasta; also average.

One aspect that can’t be overlooked is the breathtaking view. Unfortunately, the décor is outdated. The building and grounds certainly need some attention.
Date of stay: January 2024
      R 1 465
    • ZenHotels.com
    2.4 km from Salt Rock Hotel & Beach Resort
    View more hotels in Salt Rock
    All reviews curry jungle gym scones family break sea beach caters patio
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 30 January 2024

Attention: Manager Salt Rock Beach Hotel

Dear Sir / Madam,

We have just checked into room 305 and we are looking forward to a wonderful stay at SRH.

As we have been planning this holiday for a while now, we tend to look forward to each little detail. One of the highlights of our previous stay was the breakfast buffet, which offered a wide variety for my vegetarian wife.

We have come to learn that the buffet is not offered at SRH and that guests may order off an abbreviated menu. This has left us with a conundrum.. What do I now offer my wife, who is vegetarian (on our anniversary trip) to your hotel, that we have been looking forward to for months.

I was very surprised to learn of this and I found it extremely odd that such a fundamental change was not communicated to us in any way shape or form. I even consulted your website that states that: “ We offer a hearty and generous buffet breakfast and delicious dinners with a wide variety of choice.
    Opening hours:
    Breakfast: 07h00 to 09h30
    Dinner: 18h00 to 21h30.
    With our delicious Buffet Breakfast, you are spoilt for choice.”

I am very disappointed. I feel that the R1175 pppn rate is not justified as a substantial value has now been taken away.

To date I have not received any response to this message sent to the hotel by email.

Room tip: Avoid this hotel.
    Date of stay: January 2024
    • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 17 December 2023

The Salt Rock Hotel is our second home. Each time we are embraced like family by all the staff who somehow remember us from the last time. Their Sunday Buffet Lunch is fit for a King, awesome food, excellent and polite staff and stunning views, makes one never want to leave.

Room tip: This place is addictive so prepare yourself to plan many many future trips here.
    Date of stay: December 2023
    Reviewed 13 September 2023

The location of, and views from, this hotel are superb! Sadly though the facade is desperate for a coat of paint, and the rooms could do with modernising. The cupboards are extremely old resulting in me being weary of hanging anything in them, particularly the formal attire which was needed for a wedding that we were attending. The bathroom appeared to have been revamped, which begs the question as to why the room itself was so outdated. Despite its aging decor and "old" cupboards, everything was very clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful, going the extra mile to sort out an error in our online booking. Breakfast was great as well. They have a reliable backup for power outages which is a huge plus.

Date of stay: September 2023
    Reviewed 27 July 2023

I couldn't say how long ago it is since I first visited SRH. 40 years at least. I've been in and out over the years, but usually just for food or a function; I was never a regular, so it's hard to say how it's changed over the years. I know it's been spruced up a lot since my last visit- a much more dignified paint job for a start. Better parking facilities. Some new decks on the lawn. New furniture. But at heart, it's still the same old hotel, a bit of a time warp, but all the better for that. Our first day was blessed with one of those Natal coast midwinter days- bright and sunny. What a pleasure to sit out on the deck, Indian Ocean stretched out below us, and order a cold beer and a toasted curry sandwich- that's the life! We were back in SA for a wedding nearby, so we didn't dine in. Breakfast was OK, if a little overpriced, and the curry lunch we had on our last day was exactly as expected-worth every mile we'd travelled to get here.
    Our 2nd floor rooms were fine, if a little dated, with fantastic views from the balcony over the gardens, the beach, and the ocean beyond. One of them however was a little cramped, especially the bathroom, as it has been built around some sort of service shaft. Luck of the draw, I guess, although I think this should reflect in the pricing.

Date of stay: July 2023
    Reviewed 13 July 2023 via mobile

We spent my wife's birthday and had a wonderful meal and stay. We were a little late for dinner but Rakesh our waiter was 11 out of 10 service. He made us feel so comfortable and welcomed. We have not met a friendly and respectful person like him in a very long time at a hotel/restaurant. To top it off he surprised my wife with a happy birthday cake and brought along his colleagues to wish my wife. Rakesh you made our evening thank you so much, we appreciate it

Date of stay: July 2023