All reviews pudding club spotted dick syrup sponge themed rooms summer pudding sticky toffee puds main course sweet tooth roulade jam roly poly fun evening treasure hunt passion fruit main event homemade biscuits lazy sunday
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed for two nights in room 1 which gave instant garden access for Molly Springer-Spaniel. The staff are superb and Randalls brasserie was very relaxed . The food was ok but not great and the buffet breakfast was very often cold . Coffee was superb and our room was warm and very clean. Maybe it is just room 1 that has a sliding bathroom door with a huge gap and offers no privacy even from ones nearest and dearest when doing number 2's but this needs to be addressed. I think that if that had been different and the food had been hot I would have been very pleased for the price paid and not have had to have dined at the Kings Arms on night two.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank michael g
Sarah B, General Manager at Three Ways House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for your lovely comments about our staff. I am sorry that you were disappointed with the food, I am unaware if it was brought to our attention. We do take all comments seriously and look to rectify problems as quickly as possible. Room 1 has a sliding door for our less able guests to enable them to enter the bathroom and manoeuvre easily but I will certainly look at what other options are available.

Reviewed 7 November 2018

We have rarely been to a more comfortable welcoming small hotel . The food is excellent the breakfast cooked to order eg no buffet except cereals etc I would suggest paying extra for a superior room that much more spacious and overlooking the garden . Staff are so pleased to see you. I understand the hotel was privately owned but has been sold to the Best Western franchise so all that I have stated may change!

Date of stay: October 2018
Sarah B, General Manager at Three Ways House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your lovely review, I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. I'm glad you enjoyed your breakfast we use locally sourced products and when possible like to cook to order The hotel was sold in August and is still privately owned by a small group, the management and staff have stayed the same. You'll be pleased to hear that we are not looking to change anything but we do see this as an opportunity for investment and to improve what we already have, which is quite exciting! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 5 November 2018

As a massive lover of all things sweet I've been meaning to come hear for some time and the opportunity came about on this Chocolate indulgence birthday treat. The hotel is wonderful and the food, all with some hint of chocolate was superb - six completely cleaned plates at dinner!

Definitely be returning for a Pudding Club meeting.

Room tip: There are a number of themed rooms that add a bit of interest to your stay
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sarah B, General Manager at Three Ways House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Thanks for the lovely review Ardel. I am so glad that you enjoyed it, it's something a little bit different and not for the faint hearted! Why not visit us again and try a Pudding Club meeting, I think you'd really enjoy it. It was a pleasure looking after you and I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Beautiful hotel, lovely clean room and delicious breakfast. Pudding club was fantastic and a special thanks to our Pudding Master Neil and the lovely waitresses. Great staff and service at the hotel too. Can't fault it. Thanks for a great weekend!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thanks for the great review Lorna, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. The Pudding Club is a fun evening and Neil is a great character, the perfect host! We do hope to welcome you back soon, thank you once again.

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Disappointed! We had Sunday lunch here for four people including my husband who is gluten free. Having dined here in the past and enjoyed the experience we were disappointed to discover that standards have slipped. The starters were just about OK though my soup was served in a cold bowl and was only just lukewarm. The main courses were poor - again food served lukewarm and my salmon was small and tasteless. The roast potatoes were the worse thing as they were clearly precooked and reheated and were dry and very tough. Almost inedible in fact. How difficult is it to cook fresh roast potatoes? The other veg was lacklustre and all piled rather unappetisingly in a dish with the tough potatoes. The waiter presented my GF husband with a Yorkshire pudding and when wecwuerued this sprinted off with the plate and whisked off the pudding though no substitute was offered (we had flagged GF needs when booking and GF Yorkshire yd’s are not hard to find but clearly they couldn’t be bothered). The puddings are meant to be the grand finale/highlight (this is the pudding club!) and they were OK but nothing special. A choice of three steamed pudding served with custard and again could have been served on warm bowls but wasn’t. My husband was offered a syrup sponge but when it came it had no custard and not even an offer of any cream so was dry. I’d say this place is living on its reputation and needs to reinvent itself as it used to be.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jospehine7161

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent Sunday Lunch, I am sorry you were disappointed. We do check all our diners during their meal and I was not made aware at the time that you were unhappy. If I had been, I would of course done my best to rectify any issues or made an amendment to you bill if mentioned at reception. Custard and Cream were available on the buffet to accompany your husbands syrup sponge and there was also a Lemon and Lime Meringue Roulade on the buffet that was also gluten free if my colleagues did not inform you of this, I am very sorry.

We try our best to make all of our customers happy and after 20 years here it is sad when guests, particularly returning guests are so disappointed. I do hope you will visit us again please call me directly next time to book.
Regards