“Homely”

The Berry Tree Cafe
Ranked #2 of 2 Nightlife in Larne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Popular restaurant located in the centre of town. Open 6 days a week. Providing delicious home cooked breakfast and lunch, sit in or takeaway. Fresh cooked scone and pastries, freshly ground coffee and gourmet teas. Available for private parties.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Baby buggy parking, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 28 September 2014

Lovely food, pleasant staff. Especially the girl with ginger hair and shaved head. Very helpful and was very detailed about the meal deals. Would defo be back. Was gorgeous! :)

Reviewed 27 August 2014

My husband and I visited The Berry Tree Cafe with a friend whilst in Larne to catch a ferry! We sat down and we're surprised but delighted to find quite a few gluten free options on the menu,including homemade soup and stew! My husband and I had stew accompanied by gluten detectors,whilst our friend had a fry up! We were all extremely pleased with the quality of food- restaurant spec,not just cafe spec!
Once the main course was demolished,we asked if there was a gluten free desert available - There was!! Homemade carrot cake (made by Rob) which was literally to die for!! We've both been gluten free for a few years now and it's the best gluten free cake we've ever tasted!! Our plan is next time we come over to Ireland is to get in touch before we come and hopefully be able to purchase an entire carrot cake! It's really that good! :)

All the staff were very friendly and attentive! Our main waitress was Amy,and she was fab too!
Can't wait to return!!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Good location with great service. The coffee is good and they cook up a great hearty fry. A great wee spot to relax.

1  Thank sealink
Reviewed 21 May 2014

A fantastic selection of food to choose from, I wish I could have tried everything. All in our group ordered something different from the menu and all the meals were perfect, fresh ingredients and cooked to perfection.
Atmosphere was very relaxed and staff were more than welcoming and accommodating.
A must for anyone who is in Larne, open on a Sunday too which is a real bouns.
I for one will be back and hopefully soon

2  Thank Wesni77
See more reviews
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I was in Larne to watch the second stage of the Giro D'Italia and was looking for lunch before setting out on foot for the coast road and some pictures of the race.

I had the 'Large Ulster Fry' all day breakfast, Two sausages, two rashers of bacon, mushrooms, a fried egg and fried soda and tatie bread and a cup of coffee

All well cooked and promptly served.

The cost was more than reasonable and while I don't recommend an Ulster Fry for every day this one was very welcome and just what was needed