All reviews landing planes close to the airport quiet place rhodes town room was clean pluses windsurfing sunbeds bus noise holiday
Reviewed 28 September 2016

We were in this hotel one week ago and everything was perfect. Rooms, breakfest, beach just everything. I must say thank you to hotel staff. It was one of the best holiday in my life, and I expect to come back in future.

Stayed: August 2016
Reviewed 14 September 2016

If you want some peace and quiet in lovely surroundings then you will find it here. I stayed in August 2016 on my own and thoroughly enjoyed it. Clean rooms, excellent location just 2 mins walk from the beach and 5 mins stroll to the main bus route. I walked into Rhodes town one morning, took approx 3 hours.
Room comments - no tea or coffee making facilities. There is a fridge, but I don't quite see the point in this really as the electric only works when the key fob is in its holder, so if you put drinks in during the day when you're out then they wont keep very cold. I unplugged it at night as it was quite noisy.
Food - buffet style - if you're English and expecting to find eggs and bacon every day then you wont get that, lots of cereal, yogurt, porridge fruit, toast etc. More European, but made a nice change. Evening meals - these I struggled with as I had to guess what it was before I ate, looked very nice I might add, but might be an idea as to label what it is ??? And not a chip in sight :-) They love their melon - lots of this every night, alongside cake.
Kremasti is a good area to stay in - it isn't too commercial and you can walk into Ialyssos and Ixia from here, it's a straight walk along the main road. Or there are plenty buses going to Rhodes town at a cost of €2.40 one way. From Rhodes town you can get many links to other areas.
Around the corner from the hotel you will find a little travel agent - they are really good and I can highly recommend the Sailing trip, maximum of 10 people on a yacht that takes you round the island. Water and fruit are provided on board.
I wanted a holiday that I could totally chill out on and get away from the hustle and bustle of a busy work-life and this hotel provided just that. To have the beach on your doorstep is wonderful and lovely to watch the sunset of an evening.
And yes, you are close to the airport so the planes are right over your head, but to be honest, I kind of forgot about them after a day. Certainly wouldnt let this put me off from going back - it is a lovely hotel and wonderful, helpful staff.

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor and had an excellent view
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank pigofhappiness
Reviewed 20 August 2016

Pylea Beach Hotel is a very fine hotel. Good conditions and service exept crazy noise made by planes passing every 10 minutes through Rodos airport. Wifi free on loby, but 2 euros per day in room.
If you are deaf or you don't care about noise is a very good vacation choice.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2016

We stayed in last two weeks of July 2016. The hotel was of a very good standard bearing in mind the price and a solid 3 star.

Being able to move between the beach (although you do have to play the towel game to get the required sunbeds) and the exceptional clean pool which was almost always empty was great.

The main part of Kremasti is a good 20 minute walk away but there are sufficient restaurants closer in particular Pegasus and Zorbas - bey get there before 7.30pm to avoid a rush.

The rooms were kept clean, the air conditioning worked very well and there was always hot water for showers. You will need to take or buy beach towels. The fridge in the room was great to keep water and there is a safe but we did not bother. We left out cameras and ipads with no problem.

The only reason I have not given a 5 star was the breakfast was the same almost every morning. A bit of local and low cost fruit would have added a lot.

There was free internet in the lobby but paid for in the room. The planes do fly low over the hotel but we did not notice once in the room.

The main reason I had for staying here was access to both the kitesurfing school and the windsurfing school. If neither of these things are important I would stay in Ilayasos instead as there is a lot more going on with many more restaurants and bars and the plane noise is less.It is about a 8 minute walk to the Air rider kitesurfing station and two minute walk to the Meltemi power windsurfing station both of which are very professional operations. It is not great for beginers in these sports as the water was too choppy compared to learning in egypt.

However it is good value for money and well worth staying there.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank artofeffectiveliving
Reviewed 13 July 2016

We looked for a smaller family hotel, clean, peaceful, on the beach - and we got exactly what we wanted. The staff was great, friendly and helpful, wifi in the lobby free, in-room fee only 2 E. Meals rather standard, both pools always clean, free sun-beds on the beach, not overcrowded ... We enjoyed our stay tremendously!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family