“Best surf school - epic crew & excellent teaching”

EasyDrop Surf School
Ranked #4 of 26 Tours in Itacare
More attraction details
Owner description: EasyDrop is an international Surf School in Itacare, Bahia Brazil. Its teaching program puts safety in first place, closely followed by individual attention, highest equipment standards, and a full set of highly developed teaching techniques. Optionally, complete surf camp facilities are available, with many convenient and genius services, because we really want you to dive into an absolutely unforgettable experience!
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Easydrop is the best surf school that I have found so far & excellent for all surf abilities - from pure beginner to intermediate and even for people looking for advanced coaching. I’ve been back to this place 4 times now and every time I’ve managed to learn a lot and progress my surfing. The school is incredible value for money - I think it might even be the best kept secret of surf schools! They’ve developed an excellent and unique teaching methodology which includes a lot of muscle memory training on the beach combined with detailed DAILY video analysis review of your waves. Beginners that come here are usually out in green waves in just a few days, doesn’t matter what age or physical ability - I’ve seen people from 8 years old to 64 years old catch their first waves at this school! I’m just sad that I didn’t start surfing here as I could have saved myself months and months of pain.

The vibe is also great - the classes are always ran very professionally and punctually, but still with that super chill, easy going baiano way. The professors are also fantastic, can speak English (or will give you free Portuguese lessons!) and have years and years of experience between them in both surfing and teaching. If you are keen to learn, they will do everything they can to ensure that you have the best time and progress.

While you can get great accommodation organized through the school, it’s not actually a surf camp. This means you are free to pick whatever accommodation suits your budget best. The school itself is located on a street right behind the orla - a little harbor street with beautiful colonial style buildings, a gorgeous church and town square, and beach soccer / volleyball fields where you can watch the locals play late into the night. I personally like to stay in this area as I really love the cultural feel of this part of town.

The town itself is super charming (but not too perfect or ritzy) and the beaches around are some of the most beautiful I’ve ever been to. The most beautiful beach for me is the one that the school usually goes to engenhoca. They go to this beach not because they don’t want to take you to see other beaches but because it’s literally the best beach around to learn on. The wave is perfect for beginners but there is also plenty for intermediates and more advanced to play on. Additionally - there is a channel that takes you right to the outside, so even if you can barely lay on your board, they will be able to get you to the outside and give you the experience of catching green waves.

I’d really give this place 6/5 stars if I could!

1  Thank Conriela
"vibe"
"equipment"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 11 December 2017

Thanks to the team, I managed to improve my surfing skills: the instructor continuously look after you in the water and they are always ready to offer you help and assistance.
After the lesson, they drive you back to the head quarter in order to show you the videos recorded during the morning: a good chance to understand the mistakes and to have some good laugh about the wipe outs of the day =).
Thiago, Jùnio, Chris, Salomão and Felix are so polite and friendly, their positive vibes and smiles at all times made it an unique experience!

Evenmore, there are many activities that Marcia and Ana Laura can organize for you after the surf session. As well as massages and yoga courses: I have to say they were essential to give some relief to my tired muscles!

Excellent service and great staff!

Highly recommended ;-)

Reviewed 31 October 2017

I didn't have any experience with surfing and I decided to spend 2 weeks in October with EasyDrop. It was beyond my expectations: their infrastructure, the classes, everything. They respected my pace and had patience so I could learn. The video classes and photos help a lot.
I traveled solo and made a bunch of friends, but it's also an experience for everyone: couples, families, mothers and fathers and, of course, solo travelers from all over the world.
I couldn't recommend it enough!

Reviewed 23 June 2017

I`ve already been to two other surfschools but there i was basically just paddeling a lot and not surfing so much. But with Easy Drop i actually startet to surf. The teacher are super nice, teach with great dedication and the equipment was also much better then at the other schools. And the beach is perfect because it`s not so difficult to paddle out to the green waves and the waves are breaking quite round, which makes it easy for beginners - and for the more pro surfers, too. I highly recommend also the portuguese lessons, the teacher is awesome!