Sossusvlei Lodge
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgame meatstir frydinner buffetthe grillbuffet stylehalf tentwide varietydesert campair conditioningbreakfast basketadventure centerpark entrancereception areaan oasisporkexcellent foodsituated right
Reviewed 11 November 2016

I felt my stay at the Sossusvlei Lodge was brought by luck. I was upgraded to this lodge after reserving my stay at the Desert Quiver Camp and I will forever be grateful to Lenize Steenkamp for this wonderful surprise and complimentary dinner - especially on my birthday. I was assigned site #140 and it felt like I was in a dream. Beautiful room with amazing views from the patio overlooking the mountains and oryx. If the hotel wasn't sold out for the next day, I would have easily paid more to stay here again. The adventure office was kind to offer me options for the next day and was happy with the 6+ hour jeep tour of the Park. Our driver Lucas was so friendly and pleasant to hang out with. The buffet dinner was fantastic - so many meats to choose from such as zebra and wildebeest. It was the best dinner I've had in my many visits to Africa. I only wish there was wifi in the rooms but no complains as I was able to get wifi in the reception area which offered free water and coffee all day long. But the one memory I will forever cherish from my stay at the Sossusvlei Lodge is star gazing at 4am. Living in cities you take for granted at how beautiful a place like Namibia really is. I spent 90 minutes just staring at the stars until the sun began to rise. It leaves you speechless.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Michael A
TaleniAfrica, Manager at Sossusvlei Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2017

Dear Michael,
Thank you for the excellent rating and review! We are delighted that you enjoyed the upgrade, the views fom the units, the guided excursion, the buffet dinner and of course the supurb night sky.
We are looking forward to welcome you back during your next visit to Namibia!

Reviewed 9 November 2016

The lodge is located on the plains of the Namib desert. The cabins consist of a composite of a stone build unit containing the hall, the shower/bathroom and toilet and supporting walls for the canvas of the tent. The inside is luxurious and spacious, with air conditioning and adjoining single beds that guarantee a good sleep quality. There is no mini-bar or hairdryer. One socket takes European plugs, no American or Australian. There is an electronic in-room safe. There is a swimming pool (about 3 x 7 m) and pool towels are available at the reception. All meals are served in buffet style and are good. At dinner they offer at least ten different meats of game (among it zebra, hartebeest, warthog, impala, black wildebeest, oryx…). The bar has limited seating (especially in the shadow). Sometimes it gets crowded because people from neighbouring sites (lodges or campsites) that have no meal service come here for restaurant or bar. In general service is good.

Dear Maurits,
Thank you for the wonderful rating! Glad you enjoyed our spacious air-conditioned rooms and the good dinner buffet. We are currently busy with renovations enlarging the bar and pool areas.
We are looking forward to welcome you back!

Reviewed 5 November 2016

Excellent place to stay in Sesriem just at the entrance of the Park. Clean and spacious rooms with all commodities. Friendly staff. Attention is given to small details which can make the difference. The buffet is various, copious and served outside with a view on the desert. Would stay there again with no hesitation.

Dear Saahfoya,
Thank you for the fantastic rating! Happy to hear you enjoyed the smaal details, the spacious rooms, the buffets as well as the friendly service you received.
Looking forward to welcome you back!

Reviewed 5 November 2016

Lovely situation, very nice staff and some wild animals to be seen close up. The lunch was lovely and the service good. Looks like a nice hotel as well, but we did not stay overnight only for lunch. .......

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Thanks for the great rating and reviewing your lunch experience Rapfred!
Glad you enjoyed the lovely lunch, friendly service you received as well as the roaming wildlife.
We are looking forward to welcome you back!

Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

We travelled here to visit the national park & see Sossusvlei & we weren't disappointed. Sossusvlei Lodge is a 1 minute drive from the gate of the national park. The accommodation at Sossusvlei Lodge is well laid out & if you have one of the safari tents in the front row of accommodation you get a great view (we had a great location as we stayed for 3 nights). There were oryx roaming around the property & great bird life because of the waterhole (including owls).

Food-wise, the buffet was really nice , but make sure you get there early as some of the tour groups that travel through get there early & raze through everything. The evening meal was lovely in that there was a bbq stand where you could choose the meat you wanted (Impala, ostrich, beef, eland, kudu etc et ) & have it cooked to your liking. It was delicious! We also found the staff friendly & helpful. I would stay here again & would recommend

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple