Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Traveler25
Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Not really recommended

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 20 Oct 2023via mobile
It is a busy place with lots of tour groups coming in and out every day. It felt like they were a bit overwhelmed at busy times like the morning and the afternoon.
The rooms were a bit weird since they gave us (4 people) two family rooms with 4 beds each which made the rooms feel empty and cold.
The cleanliness was superb and the build of the rooms is so good that we didn’t need to use the air condition. Also the big terrace of the rooms with the beautiful view into the mountains was amazing.
But sadly the service is just not that great.
One morning they forgot to prepare our preorders breakfast pack, an other evening they seemed to have forgotten to prepare a vegetarian option for dinner and just served some more vegetables instead of meat.
Some of the staff just seems to not want to be there and also showed it, but some others are just so very nice and friendly. It really depends on who you interact with.
All in all I wouldn’t stay there again since the drive to the park is also 30min and I would recommend looking for a lodge closer by and/or more private with less rooms - this rules out the big travel groups as well.
Date of stay: October 2023
  • Official Site
    R 2 850
20.7 km from The Elegant Desert Lodge
View more hotels in Sesriem
All reviews sesriem gate milky way swimming pool every night packed breakfast wonderful stay spent one night enjoyed our stay comfortable rooms two nights bullet dune accommodation oryx plains namibia camp
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 September 2023

The Elegant Lodge is one of the friendliest places we stayed in Namibia, Yvonne was wonderful. We had a spacious room. The dinner was a set menu of 4 perfectly sized courses, breakfast was a buffet with plenty of choice. The staff were well organised and friendly.

Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2023

We stay over for 1 night and having car problems the next morning but Yvonne the manager at the lodge went out of her way to assist us and also a special thanks to Harold who helped my husband..such service will be recommended with so much stars that tripadvisor should add a 100 more. The lodge is absolute a stay over worth.

Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2023

Very nice lodge with elegant, clean and comfortable room and a nice private terrace with broad view into the landscape, very comfortable and bright dining room, good breakfast and dinner, about 40min. distance to Sossusvlei gate. Service was okay and always available, though it could be more kind and personal. We could not use the swimming pool, because it was too cold.

Date of stay: September 2023
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 3 August 2023 via mobile

Highly recommended. Hospitable, great food, excellent staff and management.
So willing to assist and go beyond all means to make your stay memorable.

Rooms are spacious and lovely. Wifi available to keep in touch with loved ones back home.

We will definitely be back

Date of stay: August 2023
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2023 via mobile

Firstly, they accommodated my last minute planning, I originally wanted one night then stayed for another to do the Sossusvlei tour. They put me in the house or the back.

Dinners were lovely, and well organized. And it was the first time I tasted wildebeest and antelope.

Wi-Fi was spotty and non existent at the house but I'm sure one will fare better with a proper booking. You can also just use the Wi-Fi at reception.

I did laundry with them at a nominal cost and they were quite receptive to all my requests. If anything the place was rather well run indeed. I took a dip in the pool IV my first evening and the towels were furnished, removed and replenished rather quickly.

My tour guide for Sossusvlei, Ziggy, was first rate and I was pleased and impressed with all he offered from the stories, lore, geography and especially his ace driving and snake spotting skills! He clearly knows what he's doing. I learned also that the property has some bushmen art on a 4k walk away but I did not get to verify this with reception.

Room tip: Book in advance, they're lovely and accommodating here. Plan your desert adventures carefully.
Date of stay: July 2023