“Union Burger - Mediocre at Best”
Review of Union Burger

Union Burger
Ranked #7 of 10 Restaurants in Arthur
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Description: UB is the perfect union. Fresh burgers and hand cut fries. Flavour and variety. Freshness and fun. And... UB is an attitude. Engaging. Memorable. And Eclectic.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We stopped in on the way home last week after seeing a burger/fries/drink special on the banners out front.

Only one other couple ahead of us, but had to wait for everything to be made fresh – not a problem, but when we got our burgers & fries, they were only luke warm. My wife took our order back to the counter and was told they had just come out – that was as hot as they could be. The fries and meat were cooked, but nowhere as hot as they should have been...like they had been sitting on a heat rack.

There is nothing wrong with having a group of young adults working behind the counter, but there needs to be a mature adult to provide direction and supervision. Perhaps a different group of staff, a different time of day, or different day of the week would make a difference. We may try them again, but no time soon.

2  Thank RescueTeam

Reviewed 17 March 2018

Stopped in to Union Burger tonight at 7:40p.m. and it was very busy. Placed our order and everyone proceeded to get their pop. The pop machine was not working, and the guy was trying his best to get it working. As the food orders started to come up they were offering people a shake instead of a pop. Never had one of their shakes before but a friend of mine said they were awesome, and they were right. I know some people there were pissed off but they did the best they could in the situation. |Great food again tonight and we will be back.

1  Thank Shell T
Reviewed 16 March 2018

They have opened this location if Arthur again and it is back to what it use to be. Amazing food....amazing staff....fast service and good pricing for what you get. Still not a fan of the fries but that's just me.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

Stopped in during a long drive home for a burger and was pleasantly surprised to see a great array of burgers - I had the peppercorn- goat cheese burger. Excellent. Burgers were large and filling for all of our party. Fries were really tasty but could have been a bit more crispy. Onion rings very good. An amazing surprise was ice cold - literally beer lying on a bed of ice - at an amazing price!

Will definitely stop in again if coming through Arthur.

1  Thank Forestree
obsidiangroupinc, Guest Relations Manager at Union Burger, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

We look forward to your next visit, Forestree! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience :)

Reviewed 15 October 2017

this is the second time ive stopped here since it changed management and I said the first time I wouldn't go back well for sure thgis time did it . the first thing is we ordered our food and the one who took our order just didn't seem to want to be there and had a bad attitude. then I went into the bathroom and there was no paper towels so I had to use tolet tissue to dry hands then when I went back my wife wouldn't even sit every avaliable table was discusting dirty. so we told girl and her attitude was were out of napkins so she gave us some napkins son we could clean it our self . then all the condiments were empty . and I asked for some paper towel and she hand me a littlepiece she torn off roll .meanwhile there is four people standing around out back talking do you think one might clean some tables owell didn't get food poisioning yet but nights not over yet either. just want to let people know so they don't have this experience . to me the only one to blame is management and owners for letting this pig stie exist if you do go take your dog it will get a free meal from all the fries on the floor

obsidiangroupinc, Public Relations Manager at Union Burger, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Hi Brian e, we’re sorry to hear that you enjoy your visit. We take providing high quality food for you very seriously. Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your visit. We are looking into the matter to ensure it is resolved.