“Nice place”

Mallards Pike Lake
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Great you're able to walk around the lake and have a picnic. There a new cafe around the lake which is a bit pricey- which I don't like considering you have to pay for parking whereas elsewhere in the area you don't. Plus it's right next to Go Ape! which is a fun activity for the area.

1  Thank Ray D
"paths"
"cafe"
"woods"

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

We were at Go Ape with the kids and decided to get a bite to eat before leaving.
Bad mistake.
This review is solely for the eatery.
We ordered two panini’s, one tuna melt and one ham and cheese. The tuna melt was unpleasant for my partner, the tuna tasted odd and the cheese was little to none.
The ham and cheese panini had hardly any ham in it at all, two pieces the size of a matchbox and it tasted of tuna as it had obviously been cooked sat next to the tuna melt as tuna was all down one side of it.
I took it back and asked if the lady thought it was worth the £5 and inform her it tasted of tuna.
She said she was sorry and that she would sort it out for me. Some 15 mins later she brought me what I thought was a new panini, loaded with ham and cheese. As I was about to bite into it I noted my bite mark from the first panini and then all the tuna still stuck to the side of it.
Poor hygiene to say the least as I’m sure anyone else buying a panini would not want theirs cooked where my bitten panini had then been cooked for the second time.
I gave up and threw it away.
I would not recommend this place to eat at all as who knows what other bad practices are going on here.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

Park &walk around the lake, ideal for dogs, special dogs dip for them to swim. Now there is tea room.
Other attractions include sky walk, climbing rope ways, boating, cycle track etc.
All amongst the lone trees and forest.

Reviewed 29 July 2018

New cafe, good food, very pretty lake, could get very busy, but seems to cope, a good start and finish point for cycling in the forest, a spring variety of tracks and natural single track, lots to explore.