Review Highlights
Great place to visit.

I have lived in the Forest of Dean all of my life and I take the grandchildren to Mallards Pike... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Jayne Y
Cinderford, United Kingdom
Lovely place to visit

This is a beautiful place to visit if in the area.. There is a beautiful lake and severel paths to... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
walkingboots2016
Alcester, United Kingdom

All reviews lovely place to visit beautiful lake go ape round the lake forest of dean car park plenty of parking pretty lake nice walk dogs toilets walks picnic goape dip cafe trees
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

We were at Go Ape with the kids and decided to get a bite to eat before leaving.
Bad mistake.
This review is solely for the eatery.
We ordered two panini’s, one tuna melt and one ham and cheese. The tuna melt was unpleasant for my partner, the tuna tasted odd and the cheese was little to none.
The ham and cheese panini had hardly any ham in it at all, two pieces the size of a matchbox and it tasted of tuna as it had obviously been cooked sat next to the tuna melt as tuna was all down one side of it.
I took it back and asked if the lady thought it was worth the £5 and inform her it tasted of tuna.
She said she was sorry and that she would sort it out for me. Some 15 mins later she brought me what I thought was a new panini, loaded with ham and cheese. As I was about to bite into it I noted my bite mark from the first panini and then all the tuna still stuck to the side of it.
Poor hygiene to say the least as I’m sure anyone else buying a panini would not want theirs cooked where my bitten panini had then been cooked for the second time.
I gave up and threw it away.
I would not recommend this place to eat at all as who knows what other bad practices are going on here.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed 5 August 2018

Park &walk around the lake, ideal for dogs, special dogs dip for them to swim. Now there is tea room.
Other attractions include sky walk, climbing rope ways, boating, cycle track etc.
All amongst the lone trees and forest.

Reviewed 29 July 2018

New cafe, good food, very pretty lake, could get very busy, but seems to cope, a good start and finish point for cycling in the forest, a spring variety of tracks and natural single track, lots to explore.

Reviewed 15 July 2018

Great day out at Mallards Pike, lovely forest walks & lake for dogs to cool down in. New cafe opening soon, glass fronted & right by the lake. Mobile food/drinks van at the moment, hot dogs are delicious. Go Ape adventure experience for both adults & kids.

1  Thank Susan M
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Nice Mallards Pike Lake is lovely place to visit. Delightful forest scenery, Go ape and access for cycling and walking.

Date of experience: May 2018