Lowest prices for your stay
US$122
View deal
Free cancellation until 21/10/02
Hotels.com
US$122
View deal
Free cancellation until 21/10/01
Reserve now, pay at stay
eDreams
Expedia.comUS$122
Priceline
All reviews exhibition centre ferry terminal great hotel reception bilbao parking corridor lift
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 April 2019 via mobile

Well located if you want to visit Bilbao and its surroundings. Quality facilities, beautiful and spacious rooms. The staff was attentive and smiling all the time.

Near the city center and easily accessible by metro.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 March 2019

The location is in the suburbs. There's an Aldi, a McDonalds, and an outlet mall nearby, but not much else. Walking to the metro takes over 10 minutes.

I guess the hotel is targeted for visitors of the Bilbao Exhibition Centre. The B.E.C. is huge and the entrance is on the opposite side seen from the hotel, so walking to the entrance takes about 10 minutes.

The breakfast was great with a lot of quality options, including a lot of warm dishes. The service at the front desk was friendly and helpful.

My room was pretty standard. The only downside was that the AC wasn't strong enough. As a result the room got a bit too hot.

I would recommend this property for people attending events at the B.E.C.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 13 March 2019

It's a big hotel, but bland. When we checked in we were told we could have dinner in the restaurant, but when we arrived it was blocked off for a cocktail, and had to eat a very limited bar menu.

Rooms are ok, not super for 4 stars. Bathroom has a bath tub and shower.

Staff are ok, not very friendly. Garage is perfect, safe and secure. Breakfast is enormous.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2019 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel during 3 days for an exhibition at the nearby BEC. The location is very interesting, as it's only a 15 minutes taxi drive away from the airport, and a 10 minutes walk away from the B.E.C. Besides that, the hotel is located at the end of a shopping district where a McDo is about the only restaurant you will find in the near neighborhood.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms are comfortable, clean and modern. The air conditioning seems to have been switched off, but at arrival the room was quite hot. The rooms are perfectly soundproof. The room rate seems reasonable / interesting, considering it is a 4* hotel. I was not able to profit from extra amenities, so that I cannot evaluate them.

The breakfast was very fine, except that for 3 mornings in a row at least 1 or 2 coffee machines (out of 4) were out of service. There is no service during breakfast.

The last negative point was a strong deodorant smell at the reception/entry area... the one you would expect at a restroom.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 9 March 2019

I stayed here one night in March 2019 while attending a convention at the BEC. The hotel is conveniently located with a moden feel and good dining facilities. My colleague and I had a great lunch here, and the breakfast the next day was also very nice. The staff are friendly and polite, the rooms are clean and functional with both a bathtub, shower and bidet. There is wireless internet which was adequate, and TVs in the room with a basic selection of channels, unfortunately I couldn't find CNN listed. There was a mini fridge with some soft drinks and beers, and room service in-room dining was an option. Nearby there isn't many dining options, but there is a McDonalds within a 5 min walk. My only criticism which I hope the hotel will hear, is that there are no available Irons or Ironing-boards. Neither in each room, nor at special request from reception. I can imagine many business travellers like me would appreciate being able to iron shirts prior to attending a convention, as they often get creased during transit. My reccomendation would be that the Hotel Puerta de Bilbao consider getting some for guests to use - if not in every room, then at least a few for special requests from reception. It would be a relatively small cost for an otherwise perfect experience. Overall however, the hotel was perfectly fine and I'd reccomend to all considering booking.

2  Thank CJHampson