Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Destinia.com
US$89
View deal
Free cancellation until 21/09/19
Travelocity
Agoda.comUS$105
All reviews exhibition centre ferry terminal great hotel reception bilbao parking corridor lift
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 March 2019

It's a big hotel, but bland. When we checked in we were told we could have dinner in the restaurant, but when we arrived it was blocked off for a cocktail, and had to eat a very limited bar menu.

Rooms are ok, not super for 4 stars. Bathroom has a bath tub and shower.

Staff are ok, not very friendly. Garage is perfect, safe and secure. Breakfast is enormous.

Reviewed 11 March 2019 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel during 3 days for an exhibition at the nearby BEC. The location is very interesting, as it's only a 15 minutes taxi drive away from the airport, and a 10 minutes walk away from the B.E.C. Besides that, the hotel is located at the end of a shopping district where a McDo is about the only restaurant you will find in the near neighborhood.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms are comfortable, clean and modern. The air conditioning seems to have been switched off, but at arrival the room was quite hot. The rooms are perfectly soundproof. The room rate seems reasonable / interesting, considering it is a 4* hotel. I was not able to profit from extra amenities, so that I cannot evaluate them.

The breakfast was very fine, except that for 3 mornings in a row at least 1 or 2 coffee machines (out of 4) were out of service. There is no service during breakfast.

The last negative point was a strong deodorant smell at the reception/entry area... the one you would expect at a restroom.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 9 March 2019

I stayed here one night in March 2019 while attending a convention at the BEC. The hotel is conveniently located with a moden feel and good dining facilities. My colleague and I had a great lunch here, and the breakfast the next day was also very nice. The staff are friendly and polite, the rooms are clean and functional with both a bathtub, shower and bidet. There is wireless internet which was adequate, and TVs in the room with a basic selection of channels, unfortunately I couldn't find CNN listed. There was a mini fridge with some soft drinks and beers, and room service in-room dining was an option. Nearby there isn't many dining options, but there is a McDonalds within a 5 min walk. My only criticism which I hope the hotel will hear, is that there are no available Irons or Ironing-boards. Neither in each room, nor at special request from reception. I can imagine many business travellers like me would appreciate being able to iron shirts prior to attending a convention, as they often get creased during transit. My reccomendation would be that the Hotel Puerta de Bilbao consider getting some for guests to use - if not in every room, then at least a few for special requests from reception. It would be a relatively small cost for an otherwise perfect experience. Overall however, the hotel was perfectly fine and I'd reccomend to all considering booking.

2  Thank CJHampson
Reviewed 9 December 2018

My wife and I found this hotel by chance in Bilbao two nights prior to our departure on the Bilbao to Portsmouth ferry.
In our opinion it is an excellent hotel ideally suited to our purpose. It is situated approximately halfway between the centre of Bilbao and the ferry port. The staff were very helpful and friendly, there is a good restaurant for dinner and breakfast, WIFI and good bar and a secure underground car park. It would be helpful if the there was a more prominent sign at the entrance to the car park to make it easier to find. The hotel is within walking distance of a Metro station giving access to quick transport to the centre of Bilbao. The hotel prices were very reasonable considering the hotel facilities. We will certainly use this hotel again when we are travelling to Spain on the ferry from Portsmouth.
We were disappointed to find that the Guggenheim museum in Bilbao is closed on Mondays.

Date of stay: November 2018
2  Thank JoeEllen
Reviewed 24 October 2018

We have stayed here before and stay the night before we head over to the ferry terminal (which even in rush hour is no more than 20 minutes away) in order to get our ship back to the hotel. It is in the same area as where the exhibition centre is easily seen from the A7 autovia.
The staff understand English well and there are a lot of stores in the immediate area in case you have space in your car and want to take a little extra home with you there are also some great eating locations within the local area as well.
Secure underground car parking is also available as well below the hotel at 13e per night, in order to get into the car park you need to drive across the front of the hotel turn around and come back at the roundabout and then turn down at the footbridge the car parking is well signed on your left.
The rooms are clean and well presented and cost for 2 sharing with breakfast included was 133.20 euro which isn't bad for the area. Breakfast is buffet style both hot and cold and refreshed frequently. It is a little out of Bilbao but their is a tram service that gets you into the city centre.

Date of stay: October 2018