Lowest prices for your stay
ZenHotels.com
US$119
View deal
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
All reviews exhibition centre ferry terminal great hotel reception bilbao parking corridor lift
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 March 2019

I stayed here one night in March 2019 while attending a convention at the BEC. The hotel is conveniently located with a moden feel and good dining facilities. My colleague and I had a great lunch here, and the breakfast the next day was also very nice. The staff are friendly and polite, the rooms are clean and functional with both a bathtub, shower and bidet. There is wireless internet which was adequate, and TVs in the room with a basic selection of channels, unfortunately I couldn't find CNN listed. There was a mini fridge with some soft drinks and beers, and room service in-room dining was an option. Nearby there isn't many dining options, but there is a McDonalds within a 5 min walk. My only criticism which I hope the hotel will hear, is that there are no available Irons or Ironing-boards. Neither in each room, nor at special request from reception. I can imagine many business travellers like me would appreciate being able to iron shirts prior to attending a convention, as they often get creased during transit. My reccomendation would be that the Hotel Puerta de Bilbao consider getting some for guests to use - if not in every room, then at least a few for special requests from reception. It would be a relatively small cost for an otherwise perfect experience. Overall however, the hotel was perfectly fine and I'd reccomend to all considering booking.

Date of stay: March 2019
2  Thank CJHampson
Reviewed 9 December 2018

My wife and I found this hotel by chance in Bilbao two nights prior to our departure on the Bilbao to Portsmouth ferry.
In our opinion it is an excellent hotel ideally suited to our purpose. It is situated approximately halfway between the centre of Bilbao and the ferry port. The staff were very helpful and friendly, there is a good restaurant for dinner and breakfast, WIFI and good bar and a secure underground car park. It would be helpful if the there was a more prominent sign at the entrance to the car park to make it easier to find. The hotel is within walking distance of a Metro station giving access to quick transport to the centre of Bilbao. The hotel prices were very reasonable considering the hotel facilities. We will certainly use this hotel again when we are travelling to Spain on the ferry from Portsmouth.
We were disappointed to find that the Guggenheim museum in Bilbao is closed on Mondays.

Date of stay: November 2018
2  Thank JoeEllen
Reviewed 24 October 2018

We have stayed here before and stay the night before we head over to the ferry terminal (which even in rush hour is no more than 20 minutes away) in order to get our ship back to the hotel. It is in the same area as where the exhibition centre is easily seen from the A7 autovia.
The staff understand English well and there are a lot of stores in the immediate area in case you have space in your car and want to take a little extra home with you there are also some great eating locations within the local area as well.
Secure underground car parking is also available as well below the hotel at 13e per night, in order to get into the car park you need to drive across the front of the hotel turn around and come back at the roundabout and then turn down at the footbridge the car parking is well signed on your left.
The rooms are clean and well presented and cost for 2 sharing with breakfast included was 133.20 euro which isn't bad for the area. Breakfast is buffet style both hot and cold and refreshed frequently. It is a little out of Bilbao but their is a tram service that gets you into the city centre.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed 27 September 2018

No porter service, hotel parking not easy to find, pool temporarily closed on our arrival. Lousy meal in the evening though breakfast buffet good. Too far from metro station and way too far from town centre. Only of use if visiting Exhibition Centre.

In fairness, have to say Manager did act very professionally to try to address our concerns.

Unless you are visiting the Exhibition Centre, I believe Barakaldo / Bilbao can do much better than this. Suggest you look elsewhere

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Lovely hotel with great restraunt and snack food options. Really good value for money with a good location for both the airport and local sights such as the Guggenheim. Would definitely recommend if visiting bilbao.

Date of stay: October 2017