All reviews blue orchid sound of the waves the gap road noise self catering the kitchen st lawrence gap sister hotel champers restaurant minute walk bathroom door within walking distance the ground floor studio room big fridge light sleeper laid back
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

- staff were quite friendly and helpful at all times.
This is a nice small hotel where the rooms are quite nice with sufficient space. The beach felt private as there isn’t really access to it.
There is a restaurant on property but we didn’t try it out.
Access to transportation is very accessible by just stepping outside.

Will be back.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tristan T
Reviewed 31 May 2018

I was pleasantly surprised on my arrival by an upgraded room on the fourth floor. The hotel staff were warm and welcoming, friendly, polite and informative. Housekeeping staff went above and beyond. Pool and beach services as well as Security were very accommodating. The managers evening by the pool side Wednesday was to promote a Friday night restaurant special for 40 Bajan dollars. The sign in the elevator indicated the menu, as well as “open bar“. I asked Reggie, the concierge about the type of wines that they might have at the restaurant and decided I would try it out for my last evening at the hotel.

It turned out I was the only want to show up. I asked about the wine that could be served with my meal, given that it was an open bar, and was told I would have to pay for the wine. I questioned the open bar advertising, and the manager of the restaurant, sitting in a room off to the side of the bar offered to give me a complementary glass of wine with my meal.The staff there said they were having a slow evening. There was no buffet or any food out on display. I decided that I had enough food in my refrigerator in the room and continuing to offer my patronage, I asked to buy a glass of wine, given that one was offered as complementary earlier. I then thought I would therefore by two glasses of wine to go with the food that I already had in my room. After pouring the wine, I was charged 30 Bajan dollars for two glasses of wine. To put this into perspective, locally a glass of wine would cost about $10. In a high-class restaurants such as Champers or Cocktail Kitchen, you could expect to pay $15 a glass. This was a restaurant, a rather small one that was never a full or busy during my entire stay, that in and of itself has and continues to have a bad reputation. I felt this charge was exorbitant, spiteful, and even vengeful that I did not partake in purchasing the food for $40, which in hindsight would have been a better deal with the complimentary glass of wine offered. I spoke to Reggie, the concierge and he explained that “open bar, “ means that they offer both premium brands as well as lower end brands of liquor, in other words the entire bar is open to purchase. Of course, to a UK or North American patron, open bar would mean perhaps two vouchers would be offered for two free drinks or similar. I also spoke to the front staff mentioning that this does not portend well or reflect positively upon the hotel. If they wished to contact me and perhaps offer $15 as a gesture of goodwill, I would not be writing this report.

Room Tip: Top floor with a glass of you elevator ride
Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for a peaceful little spot for your holiday, Coral Mist is a great choice. Direct access to Worthing Beach (which felt like a private beach) and a short jaunt to Rockley beach and all of its amenities, including lots of restaurants. You can also get on the very regular private bus/taxis to St Laurence Gap, Oistins, Silver Sands and the capital Bridgtown, and they’re only BDS$2 per person!

The hotel itself is very clean and has some of the most lovely, friendly, chatty staff you could meet. The rooms all have kitchenettes and there are 2 supermarkets very close, however, remember this is an island and the cost of (most) imported goods is pretty high.

If you are a light sleeper the noise from the road could bother you, but I found the sound of the sea more than compensated. EVERY room has a balcony overlooking the water which is just stunning for sight and sound.

It’s a shame they don’t improve their restaurant offering. Breakfast is very basic and we weren’t tempted to eat there often as the menu could do with updating and we knew it would probably take ages!!

This isn’t a 5 star hotel so don’t expect the conformity and speedy service you might find in a big hotel down the road, but I feel it more than makes up for this in its character and excellent value for money. This is a quiet, laid-back hotel and I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank adonkor
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

We were meet upon arrival at hotel reception by a very rude lady I've never in my entire life been treated so badly.Thankfully another lady come out of the office and defused the matter
she was so nice.Hotel was excellent clean and comfortable pool and other staff members very nice.We had a beautiful night at there barbecue at only 40 dollars.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank MarieM2453
Reviewed 10 May 2018

The location of this hotel is perfect. The crashing of the waves on the rocks but nearby the steps onto a beautiful beach. Lovely views along the coast to east and west. The rooms are spacious, well equipped and spotlessly clean. The pool and gardens are beautifully maintained and the staff always had a smile (even at 5 in the morning as I sat watching the day break). We would return again

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple